Super Bomberman R , R2 + Super Bomberman R Online

After playing quite a few matches, the best I got was 32. This game is pretty fun, though I feel it needs A LOT of QoL improvements. *see below tweet*

The issues I currently have with the game...

• When first launching the game it asked for language, region (I chose U.S.), and State/Tetorry, yet the only options for State/Tetorry where California and Other. Where are the other 49 states + D.C. and U.S. tetorries? I chose other since I don't live in CA, though come to find out you can't even change this once it's set.
  • The menu isn't the best UX wise and t's a bit unintuitive at times. There's also quite of bit of tiny text that's very hard read, especially in handheld/tabletop mode. Hell, this would be hard to read even sitting back on your couch. No everyone is playing this game on a PC, Konami!
  • The load times are abysmal and I never know if it's actually loading or just searching for 64 players! I speed more time loading a match than playing one. In a game like this you want to be able to quickly jump back into a match after losing. Also, it keeps skipping the Character Select screen when starting a match or it gives me like no time to select anything, because it takes so long to load this screen. Why even have this when you can set all this before searching for a match.
  • No stats. In a game like this people love seeing all their stats.
  • No rank screen when your game ends. In multiplayer games people like seeing where everyone placed.
  • The Online Manual says there are more modes besides 64 battle, but I can't find them. Are they not available yet or are they only available when creating Private Matches, which is locked behind the $10 Premium Pack? (EDIT: The Online Manual says these modes are only available with the ability to create Private Matches. However, it seems you don't need the Premium Pack to join Private Matches. You just it to create them.)
  • The character stats on the Character Select Screen aren't explained in the Online Manual. I have no clue what most of these mean. *Can someone explain in detail, PLEASE!*
  • I think it's kind of game-breaking that you can be so powered up that you can set a chain of bombs that will fill the entire battlefield. >_>
Edited by alienboyva
9 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

After playing quite a few matches, the best I got was 32. This game is pretty fun, though I feel it needs A LOT of QoL improvements. *see below tweet*

The issues I currently have with the game...

• When first launching the game it asked for language, region (I chose U.S.), and State/Tetorry, yet the only options for State/Tetorry where California and Other. Where are the other 49 states + D.C. and U.S. tetorries? I chose other since I don't live in CA, though come to find out you can't even change this once it's set.
  • The menu isn't the best UX wise and t's a bit unintuitive at times. There's also quite of bit of tiny text that's very hard read, especially in handheld/tabletop mode. Hell, this would be hard to read even sitting back on your couch. No everyone is playing this game on a PC, Konami!
  • The load times are abysmal and I never know if it's actually loading or just searching for 64 players! I speed more time loading a match than playing one. In a game like this you want to be able to quickly jump back into a match after losing. Also, it keeps skipping the Character Select screen when starting a match or it gives me like no time to select anything, because it takes so long to load this screen. Why even have this when you can set all this before searching for a match.
  • No stats. In a game like this people love seeing all their stats.
  • No rank screen when your game ends. In multiplayer games people like seeing where everyone placed.
  • The Online Manual says there are more modes besides 64 battle, but I can't find them. Are they not available yet or are they only available when creating Private Matches, which is locked behind the $10 Premium Pack?
  • The character stats on the Character Select Screen aren't explained in the Online Manual. I have no clue what most of these mean. *Can someone explain in detail, PLEASE!*
  • I think it's kind of game-breaking that you can be so powered up that you can set a chain of bombs that will fill the entire battlefield. >_>

You noticed quite a bit that I did in my 5m with the game before I had other things to get going.  I hope the online play runs smoother than the cart version.

8 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

You noticed quite a bit that I did in my 5m with the game before I had other things to get going.  I hope the online play runs smoother than the cart version.

I had no issues with the online, except as mentioned the load times. Other than that, the online is great!

Edited by alienboyva

The issue with the Character Select screen not giving you enough time to select a character has been fixed. Apparently, this was a Switch issue. Also, they have deployed a fix for the long load times and will continue to reduce them further in a future patch...

🔗https://www.konami.com/games/bomberman/online/us/en/news/

AiuU14H.png

Nice to see they're listening to community feedback. :) 

I got a new best of 11th! Edit: Got a new best of 8th...

On 5/28/2021 at 7:20 PM, purple_beard said:
On 5/28/2021 at 6:58 PM, Kezay said:

Watch Krazy play a few matches yesterday and I downloaded it.  Haven't played it myself yet but if enough people are interested why not get a Bomberman night going? 

I'm down if you guys are....

Bomberman Blast was the ish on Wii!

I'd be down as well, but someone will have to have the $10 Premium Pack as Private Matches are locked behind it. However, it seems like you don't need the Premium Pack to join a Private Match, as the game lets you search for a Private Match without it.

Edited by alienboyva
  • 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone would be available to play on either Tuesday or Wednesday? Was thinking of getting the premium pack and hosting a room. I'd have to be after 8pm though. Brought up those two days since I don't watch much on TV those days. Just a thought.

We'll see because I plan on taking a nap when I get home from work. Afterwards I'd have to buy the pack which I wouldn't know if the game would have to update because I've been having that download problem that came with the last Switch update.

2 hours ago, TKrazyO said:

We'll see because I plan on taking a nap when I get home from work. Afterwards I'd have to buy the pack which I wouldn't know if the game would have to update because I've been having that download problem that came with the last Switch update.

I've been feeling kind of meh this afternoon...I'll check thread around 7:30 and we could do Bman up till MK.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
1 hour ago, TKrazyO said:

I'll just put the preorder trailer here, Physical Release - Sept 12th; Digital Release - Sept 13th:

Cross-play is confirmed. This game will be added to the Game Night topic near release. I'm confused as to why digital comes out the day after physical.

Castle Mode and custom battle arena creation.....  Man.... I might get this again...

• 5 months later...