Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017

Chrom

1 minute ago, Carl321 said:

There goes the last bastion of free internet.

Now you just hold on one second!

2 minutes ago, Carl321 said:

Guess it's free PC multiplayer gaming

Oh, carry on then.

To be completely honest, though, I'm not concerned about the paid online subscription. Then again, I've never had an Xbox or PlayStation, so it's not like I'd be paying for multiple online subscriptions simultaneously. Nintendo's online has always lagged behind the competition, and hopefully that extra revenue can help them get up to scratch.

Still, paid online is a shame. Hopefully it's at least a solid experience to justify the cost.

I don't think their online service will be expensive. If it is they're going to have to back that cost up with a lot more than they offer right now. Inexpensive or not, even in functionality it's going to need to be 100 times better than it is now to be worth it.

Also the mention of accessing parties and such through mobile worries me. I mean, if I want to voice chat with friends on my phone, I can use other apps for that...

Edited by The Guardian Mew

Still not sold on it. This is an evolution of both Wii and Wii U. HD  Rumble seems interesting, but still no analog triggers. That means no serious driving/racing games. Playing without the screen is also interesting, but seems like a gimmick. None of the games were interesting enough to justify buying the console. Pay for online is a bummer. I hate to say it, but I just may have outgrown Nintendo. :(

1 minute ago, Kodiack said:

Now you just hold on one second!

Oh, carry on then.

To be completely honest, though, I'm not concerned about the paid online subscription. Then again, I've never had an Xbox or PlayStation, so it's not like I'd be paying for multiple online subscriptions simultaneously. Nintendo's online has always lagged behind the competition, and hopefully that extra revenue can help them get up to scratch.

Still, paid online is a shame. Hopefully it's at least a solid experience to justify the cost.

^ That. That's what I'm waiting to find out more about. If it's not worth it, I probably won't bother with it. Same as I have done with the PS3/Vita. I just play the games I want to. Don't need the free extras. Given the instability of their online setup.

2 minutes ago, Carl321 said:

so what was the point of adding a button that lets you record gameplay videos if they're just going to send a lawyer to kick your door down 5 minutes later?

Bwahahahaha. Carl321, I'm dying laughing here. So true. Hey guys check out this lap time in Mario Kart. DMCA by Nintendo 5 seconds later. LOL

• Chrom featured this topic
1 minute ago, The Guardian Mew said:

I don't think their online service will be expensive. If it is they're going to have to back that cost up with a lot more than they offer right now. Inexpensive or not, even in functionality it's going to need to be 100 times better than it is now to be worth it.

Also the mention of accessing parties and such through mobile worries me. I mean, if I want to voice chat with friends on my phone, I can use other apps for that...

I hope you're right on that. Definitely. 

That does as well. Viruses and the like/the internet of things. That's a bit concerning.

2 minutes ago, CHAINMAILLEKID said:

I hope there's more details for the Online service soon.

Really hope basic matchmaking continues to be free, or at least being able to play privately with friends w/o public matchmaking.

Something.

I hope so too. Same with Pokemon online. Or Smash. But somehow I'm doubtful.

I wasn't expecting much, but this presentation was pretty lack luster. Good thing Zelda BotW is coming for the Switch at launch. Also seems that a true battle mode is coming to Mario Kart 8 for Switch, along with some more kart customization (think I saw Bowser Jr in a Clown Car kart). I didn't really feel as excited for this compared to other Nintendo reveals, but I guess I'm just getting older. Hopefully they show more games that are at or near launch tomorrow.