Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration Features Over 90 Titles, Including Jaguar And Lynx

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/06/atari-50-the-anniversary-celebration-features-over-90-titles-including-jaguar-and-lynx-games

"Atari has unveiled a new collection coming to Switch and other consoles in celebration of the company's 50th anniversary. The appropriately-titled Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration will include over 90 games spanning the Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, ST, Jaguar and Lynx, and it's coming this year.

As reported by Game Informer in an exclusive first-look feature, that's six platforms and the collection also represents the first time Jaguar and Lynx games will be officially available to play on modern consoles. There's no word on exactly which games will be included just yet, but we'll update this post when we hear more. It will apparently feature "six new titles inspired by the classics", though.

Anyone who's played an Atari compilation in the past and is wary of another one might have their minds put at ease to know that Digital Eclipse is handling the emulation and overall package this time. This is the developer responsible for some of the best retro-focused collections going, including such sparkling packages as the Mega Man Legacy Collection, the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection, and the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection. So, it appears that we're in pretty safe hands with this one — a relief for anyone who feels that Atari's treatment of its back catalogue has been somewhat lacking over the years."

They're even making a new chapter of Swordquest!

Edited by Pakucho

This rules. A lot of these games are incredibly rough to play even as an avid retro fan but it's good they're keeping them available lol, especially with like Jaguar and Lynx which to my knowledge never really got any rereleases

edit: though Tempest 2000 is a sick game!!!!!

Edited by bel
5 hours ago, TKrazyO said:

Here's the trailer:

Weird how the Atari VCS came and went (except for Europe) then they go and release yet another collection. It looks interesting and seems to be in good hands according to the OP.

To be honest, I still have mine. I do own an Atari VCS. My controller broke. Getting another would be like 75. Maybe I’ll get a replacement. … Got my fill with Pong at least.