3rd party direct 6/28

It was rumored from VGC that some sort Spanish game insider on Friday said it would be focused on 3rd party. The date line up with other insiders for June 28th-29th.

I am not sort of against 3rd directs, (not say Directs are for Nintendo titles only, they have both) like Sony's first couple State of Play, those weren't good same with these partner showcases. The last on in October 2020 was good and their 3rd one for that year. (the year we didn't have a proper direct)

With that out of the way I am still looking forward to this but my expectations is gonna be lower than I usually expect from a normal direct. (do so to not be let down if I am didn't like what was presented, mores for this 3rd party one) I could list a few 3rd party stuff that will be cool to see but anyone could look up and see.

Sit back and relax for what is gonna be shown tomorrow morning.

1 hour ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

The f is with Nintendo that they only did a Xeno 3 Direct? Could they want us to wait for July?

SMH, ppl who say and think this, think so little.

Like I said in the Xeno direct thread, they got that game out of the way for whenever we might get general direct. This partner showcase doesn't get in the way of that for now. Eventually we gotta know just a little more on the Nintendo side. We have release date of all the titles we know but unless this partner showcase fill in those months we know we don't have games for then yeah, that is a concern at least this summer.

I still think we gonna have our usual fall direct in September. Man ,we thought we were gonna have usual June direct and we got turned around. Can't say if this gonna be another 2020 where we get no direct and partner showcases but it is better than nothing and tho they started out bad they got good. I at least expect surprising announcements.

Weird as we had a direct starting this year and now some may not be sure we might get another, just gotta wait and see.

1 minute ago, Eliwood8 said:

I hope it's mostly new games though, not ports/collections.

Switch is an aging system. It's either that or it goes to cloud.

Tho, I'm sure there will be surprising 3rd party announcements, we almost least expect. That is my hope.

Only posting this for what 3rd party properties they might mention only so I can have a feel for what's out there lurking that hasn't come across my radar.

After watching the GX one....

I think there is some stuff that could show up that will be cool...  I had forgotten some of the mentions...

Edited by purple_beard

Not a full Direct, but it's something to look forward to at least

So i'm guessing from the looks of it we aren't getting an E3-esque Direct and Treehouse livestream this month since E3 wasn't exactly a thing this year - part of me wasn't sure on if that was going to happen, honestly

Wonder if there's something in the works in the coming months with first and second party related stuff for a more general larger Nintendo Direct?

With this being third party, wonder if we'll see any of that Persona or Silksong stuff in this that were shown off in the Xbox/Microsoft Presentation this month?

There's nothing else beyond those two that i can think of off the top of my head that i can think of that i would like to see tomorrow, so....

While it is a pretty disappointing that it isn't a big direct, what I'm more upset about is the huge amount of hate people are giving because of this. While Nintendo hasn't had the best news in recent months, this definitely shouldn't be something for most people to be super angry about. And yet people riding along the hate train, saying things like how "the fanboys will defend this to the death" or something along those lines.

I'm going with:

Nintendo/Nintendo

*Next wave of MK8DLX DLC

*NSO update

3rd  party
Mario + Rabbids

Bayo 3

Sonic Frontiers

TMNT CC release date

Tunic release date

More on LiveALive

*something from Capcom

*something from SQUENIX

*something from Rare/MS

--I liked that idea of Diddy Kong Racing N64 to NSO

--How about Goldeneye and/or Perfect Dark?

--Retro Replay finally?

Pretty good Direct.

Nice to see Persona 3, 4, and 5 all coming to Switch natively and not as cloud versions. :)  Though, we sort of expected these would to come to Switch, since they were recently announced for Xbox in Microsoft's presentation. It would have be pretty shitty if these didn't come to Switch, especially since Nintendo went and gave all these games representation in Smash. ...But, yeah...It's cool to finally see the mainline Persona games on all platforms! 

Edited by alienboyva