Halo Dissection Series

• 3 months later...

Halo 5 was kinda meh (a good current gen improvement over 4 at least), but I don't think 343's games or take on the series is as bad or rather as much of a step down from Bungie's original trilogy as most make it out to be. I'd be lying though if I said I wasn't nervous about the eventual Halo 6. In the meantime, I wouldn't of minded a remaster of Halo 3, separate from the MC Collection which had several problems, some of which were never fixed, but still had my fair share of MCC in getting most of the achievements that were within a reasonable reach (no Halo Reach pun intended).

I would have liked a Halo 3 Anniversary, as a paid add-on to The Master Chief Collection á la ODST. As of now, the game just looks noticeably inconsistent relative to the others in terms of visual fidelity.

Being honest, though, I had problems with the aesthetic of Halo 2 Anniversary. Like, it looks better, but it's essentially a straight texture update of the original, which leads to it being wildly inconsistent with both Combat Evolved Anniversary and everything past Halo 3.

Observe:

Spoiler

Cartographer_Zealot.jpg

halo_3_sangheili_zealot_01_by_toraiinxamikaze-d4bu2kw.png

HReach_-_Sangheili_Zealot.png

H4-SangheiliZealot.png

Even with the remastering, one of these looks quite noticeably more plain than the others.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, 343i seems to chase trends other shooters do. Like with the call in a care package point system in Halo 4’s multiplayer. Then Halo 5 Guardians having more mobility options, that you could follow up with shoulder charges like in Destiny. 

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if the free multiplayer was a battle royale style game mode. 

Ill still be a bit optimistic for the game though, since it sorta looks like a returning to its roots.