Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct 6.22.22 - 7am PT/10am ET

On 7/7/2022 at 11:04 AM, Tyranogre said:

PSA: Journalists have gotten their review copies of the game. Beware of spoilers!

...and, now there are leaked copies out in the wild. If you use Twitter, I strongly recommend muting the names of characters, locations, and other important terms revealed in trailers. Examples:

FYIlMMCVUAAff71?format=jpg&name=large

Well, 3 more days for ppl who haven't got the game early and speaking of spoilers out there. I don't frequent Twitter hard so to me seeing anything leaked is usually the most thru there then any other social media. I frequent YT a lot and I only seen 2 thumbnails mentioning gameplay of someone having the game early since Ty's last post above.

The vid below only has scenes without context up to chapter, DF reviews.

And speaking of reviews it is really looking good out there for this game overall.

I hope I won't be in the dark too much if I go ahead and play XC3 without beating 2, Torna and Future Connected...There is no possible way for me to beat any of them before Friday at this point, so I'll jump into XC3 with just the original under my belt. It seems Monolift Soft might have finally figured out undocked visuals, which I'm very excited about. 

17 hours ago, Ithrak Utopia said:

I hope I won't be in the dark too much if I go ahead and play XC3 without beating 2, Torna and Future Connected...There is no possible way for me to beat any of them before Friday at this point, so I'll jump into XC3 with just the original under my belt. It seems Monolift Soft might have finally figured out undocked visuals, which I'm very excited about. 

The way I look at and think most who are in your boat, if you have the money and you want to play this Friday go ahead and go for it.

Skimmed over few reviews and the consensus is it is great lore wise to have the prior knowledge of Xenoblade games. Somewhat but different that you don't need to play prior Final Fantasy to play the latest iteration. All RPG that continues like long running series but with different characters it helps you know the lore and the backstories of characters that make up the series up to the point to really enrich your experience with the latest iteration.

All who have no prior knowledge of Xenoblade will most likely have good time if you like deep characters, stirring stories and amazing world landscapes and JRPG's in general.

This reminds of those who played their first legend Zelda game and it was BotW, there's chulk full of references in the game text to previous Zelda but are not connected as like continuation but nice Easter eggs as long time players. Same goes with landscape names referencing Zelda locales and ppl from the series. A nice touch!

EDIT:

Recaps what I said above in video form.

Edited by DLurkster