Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct 6.22.22 - 7am PT/10am ET

Well, here's that direct that everyone was expecting for the end of this month. awesome;

In all seriousness, I wonder if Nintendo is just getting this out of the way before the "Summer (E3)" direct, since there's so much to show off, kind of like how we had Pokémon directs before E3 directs in the past. Still I wouldn't be too surprised if we didn't get a full direct until July or Aug, since there is no E3 this year. Though, it is E3 season, so hopefully they'll announce one for this month some time this week. 

Edited by alienboyva

Not the Direct I was waiting for but I'll still happily watch.

I'm sure we'll get a general info Direct at some point, but I do hope it's an all-day Treehouse stream like past E3 Directs; I've always liked those. For some reason it feels less likely to have a Treehouse stream outside of E3 season, even though there's nothing stopping Nintendo from just doing one from their offices for any Direct.

I wonder if there will be news for the XC 3 SE in this direct? Of course whatever details we don't know about this game will be great as well and look forward to seeing.

45 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

Not the Direct I was waiting for but I'll still happily watch.

I'm sure we'll get a general info Direct at some point, but I do hope it's an all-day Treehouse stream like past E3 Directs; I've always liked those. For some reason it feels less likely to have a Treehouse stream outside of E3 season, even though there's nothing stopping Nintendo from just doing one from their offices for any Direct.

Same here, which I am surprised not a lot ppl talk about with June Directs when they are with E3 there's the treehouse livestreams. Those are really great ways to get in-depth look at Nintendo's coming titles and sometimes 3rd parties as well. Well past this point if E3 was a thing I think we would knew weeks ago we had a Direct along with Treehouse livestream. The rumor the insiders are saying about this late June Direct lines up with how they normally announce Directs a few days in advance, like this Xenoblade one. When this announcement drops it will most likely only be the Direct and not with the treehouse livestream, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Fuzzer1 said:

So the E3 Direct is only focusing on one game that's coming out next month?

Not a good idea when we don't know what they could be launching later this year.

The tweet does not mention this direct relates to E3 at all. It is a game specific direct, we may not have those often but they do. In the past these never got in the away of general or June directs. This announcement most likely won't get in the away of a general direct.

There still could be a general direct next week, if not then sometime this summer. A lot of insiders have confirmed June 28th or 29th for this general direct.

Look at this direct this way, the time they are taking to focus on Xenoblade Chronicles 3, more time will be put into other games to focus on the next general direct. I don't know ppl don't think about this. Some are so starved for direct that they jump to weird conclusions that to me makes no sense.

Just got done watch the direct. Awesome, just fucking awesome information shared. Anything, new most have not heard, I will put in spoilers.

Loved everything about the direct but as most ppl know about the Ouroboros and the characters being enemies of the their respective nations, how is it the party can walk freely in Colonies if they are wanted? I thought we would be strictly going to campsites like Torna DLC but I guess when the game is this big to make camping the only settlement doesn't make that sense but is there something I missing with the wanted status and the possible relation with the Colonies?

Cool, that the Ouroboros have an Agnus forms. Also, like the callback reference to Torna, in that scene where Lora, Haze and Jin were talking around a campsite. Haze was complaining that she never takes the lead and Jin is. This is done with Sena and Mio talking about taking the lead, then shows how they can lead the Ourboros Interlink cool.

Spoiler

1793673692_Screenshot2022-06-22104912.png.b583476ef44f235bbb1cba4750387730.png

Most probably spotted this but there's a reason why they blurred out a hero here. Is there gonna be hero we recognize from past Xeno games or just the blade ones?

Spoiler

1590612650_Screenshot2022-06-22105015(2).png.67b0a202efbc26670730611d627966b3.png

Hmm, what's going one here?

Why are all the the blades from the respective Xenoblade games represented in the expansion pass for XC 3?

That's all I will say for now, so much more about class swapping and Master Arts with bringing arts from another class to another. So cool.

What they just revealed about the nature of the world makes me really suspicious of two characters they've shown in trailers.

Spoiler

XB3MeliaNia.png?resize=1170,659&ssl=1

After everything Melia and Nia have been through, there's no way in hell that either of them would ever be complicit in perpetuating a war where both sides have to literally feed off each other's life spans. Especially not Melia, as viewing living, sentient people as little more than a part of one being's natural life source is exactly the same as how Zanza viewed her people, the Hi-Entia/Telethia. 

My current guess is that "Melia" and "Nia" are either being impersonated by someone in cahoots with the "true enemy" that Vandham mentioned, or they're somehow being controlled by those masks they're wearing.

I guess I concur with that theory. The mask ppl are following orders from that gray long hair dude with the purple glowing part on his face. He's possibly the true enemy and pulling all the strings with Melia and Nia and the mask ppl who are making enemies of the ppl who see the heroes as enemies. (those black black blobs and red eyes)

I know Pyra/Mythra aren;t out but I don't know why I didn't think their amiibo would be used in XC 3.

Yeah, definitely more reprints of Shulk.

Whenever this next direct comes, if the announcement of Pyra/Mythra amiibo release date, I wonder if it would coincide with the release of XC 3 or will it be after?

5 hours ago, DLurkster said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1793673692_Screenshot2022-06-22104912.png.b583476ef44f235bbb1cba4750387730.png

Most probably spotted this but there's a reason why they blurred out a hero here. Is there gonna be hero we recognize from past Xeno games or just the blade ones?

Reveal hidden contents

1590612650_Screenshot2022-06-22105015(2).png.67b0a202efbc26670730611d627966b3.png

Hmm, what's going one here?

Why are all the the blades from the respective Xenoblade games represented in the expansion pass for XC 3?

Spoiler

Continued on from my last spoiler post. This video covered the 2 things I mentioned and more of interest. Thought to share it.

• Chrom featured this topic

Just got done watching the Direct earlier today

Looked pretty nice from what i can tell

Won't get around to it right away, especially since i still haven't bought or played the other two games/DLCs yet....

Probably will need to get a bigger Micro SD Card first, though

• 2 weeks later...

Disturbing thought:

Remember how Xenogears had it's second disc castrated because Square needed to rush the game out the door so they could spend money on Final Fantasy VIII, which lead to all those scenes of Fei sitting in a chair explaining plot details instead of letting us play through them?

Well, what if bumping up the release of Xenoblade 3 from Autumn to July results in a similar rush job, and the paid DLC storyline expansion is just whatever events they had to cut to make the changed release date in time?

12 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Disturbing thought:

Remember how Xenogears had it's second disc castrated because Square needed to rush the game out the door so they could spend money on Final Fantasy VIII, which lead to all those scenes of Fei sitting in a chair explaining plot details instead of letting us play through them?

Well, what if bumping up the release of Xenoblade 3 from Autumn to July results in a similar rush job, and the paid DLC storyline expansion is just whatever events they had to cut to make the changed release date in time?

Probably not.

First, Xenogears was cut because Square Enix had a stringent production schedule; not anything do with Final Fantasy VIII per se. Takahashi has been on the record about this; e.g. here. By contrast, Xenoblade was delayed *specifically* to avoid this scenario.

History seemed set to repeat with the Nintendo Wii's Xenoblade Chronicles. Midway through the project the team encountered a raft of difficulties and, realising they would miss the launch deadline, a deflated Takahashi met with Hitoshi Yamagami, the Nintendo producer who oversees RPG development, to suggest a list of deadline-aiding compromises. Yamagami rejected the plan and told the designer: "You've come this far. You should see it through to the end. I'll convince the others at the company."

-------------------------

My own guess is that Xenoblade 3 has already gone gold and could have always targeted a July release, but was strategically held off until September assuming Splatoon would target July instead. Splatoon 3 needed the September deadline, so Xenoblade 3 was moved up. Generally speaking, I'd go further and say Nintendo strongly prefers to have games go gold before they begin marketing; without fail, because it's clear games that are announced before that are delayed without fails. Especially Prime 4 and BotW 2.

It's why during the first year of the pandemic, they announced and released Origami King and Age of Calamity 2 months before release. Lately and more so now Nintendo sits on titles to just release when they can or feel like.

It's right to worry about XC 3 but I've been thinking it was all meant to happen and there's nothing to worry about all.