Striker's Stadium - N4A Chat Thread - June 2022

EH_STEVE

16 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Hold the liiiiiiiine!
Love isn’t always on time!   

Sorry, Toto’s in my head. 

Anyways, finally defeated Donkey Kong Country 2. 102% too. Honestly, maybe it is the series’ best game. 

I think after playing this, I might go back to playing Super Mario World. Or Super Mario Bros. 3 too. 

DKC2 is the best pre-Wii DK game. 

I think I'm with the consensus that that game isn't as good as the other ones but I do think it has the most creative boss fights out of the three games. The final boss in particular is super tricky and fun

On 6/8/2022 at 3:06 PM, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Hold the liiiiiiiine!
Love isn’t always on time!   

Sorry, Toto’s in my head. 

Anyways, finally defeated Donkey Kong Country 2. 102% too. Honestly, maybe it is the series’ best game. 

I think after playing this, I might go back to playing Super Mario World. Or Super Mario Bros. 3 too. 

Nice! That's an awesome group, song wise to get stuck in your head. Love their music. They deserve to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame dammit. theydonothing;

Started playing Minecraft again on Laptop a day or so ago

Completely new world because at some point I deleted Minecraft and didn’t back up the worlds - I can’t remember what the reason was though

Was having issues with Java version and mods at some point so might’ve mixed up the two by accident- didn’t back up the worlds though so have none of my original worlds unfortunately- might have seeds copied down somewhere though

Surprisingly i can log in to my account - not sure how it’ll handle online multiplayer- need to try that out 

Custom character stuff won’t load so I’m pretty much stuck as a default characters

Been somewhat rough - but these expanded caves are still pretty crazy and huge

Haven’t found any of the new stuff though 

Been holed up in a Village i found by chance - been doing most other things aside from building a house

Found one of those broken Portal things nearby so that’s convenient 

Took awhile but finished up building a stone wall around the village 

Haven’t played it or on Switch in awhile so… there’s that

Maybe I’ll actually get around to beating the game this time

On a partially unrelated note, Mojang has a new Minecraft Legends game coming out next year that’s looking pretty interesting  and might be something I’ll get

Been meaning to buy Minecraft Dungeons, but still haven’t gotten around to that yet

Just got done with watching a reaction video to Microsoft/Bethesdas conference/showcase

A lot of Game Pass stuff though - wonder if I should consider getting a Game Pass…?

looking at it, first 3 months for a dollar and $14 per month for Ultimate Pass isn’t too bad

A lot of interesting stuff - I’m going to need a full list because I don’t remember most of them aside from Minecraft Legends, Persona, Starfield and Overwatch 2 atm

On that note, Starfield is looking pretty amazing- I’ll be getting that at some point

Also Xbox is getting Persona 5 Royale in a collection…..

and still not on Switch yet 

Also looks like Overwatch 2 is going Free to play? Might consider jumping into that and try that out - meant to buy and try out the first one, but never got around to that

Granted, team based shooters aren’t my forte

On 6/7/2022 at 2:56 PM, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Simple q: how well is that emulation?

Runs like a champ.  Almost no differences with Paper Mario running on the Switch.  The only real hitches I've had are limited with Dolphin emulation, which has some weird pop-in texture glitches when I test-ran TTYD, but otherwise Emu Deck's steam integration makes things braindead easy to run.

Edited by Edie Napier

Haven't fished up a Infinity Bow or Enchanted Book, but got lucky with Fishing up a Fortune II Book

Have a pretty good Unbreaking III/Luck of the Sea III/Mending I/Lure III Rod so getting some pretty fast Fish Loot now

Would be pretty good if i fished up a Mending I Book to put on my mostly damaged Diamond Pickaxe so that can be repaired

Also in other news, earlier i spent 5 or 6 times leading an Iron Golem back to the village earlier in the day... i honestly have no idea how they kept getting over the stone wall i put up

The next time i saw one outside the Wall, i pretty much gave up doing that - found the drop loot from one, so either one or both died because i can't find the other one that was around

I have no idea what the obsession is of wandering about far from the village honestly

Might have to make a better wall or something