Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Trailer - 6.1.2022 - 6AMPDT

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

Can't wait for the new female gym leaders to be revealed so the artists can make rule34 of them!

Expect rule 34 within one minute of the trailer dropping. The Pokemon Company could’ve sent the Pixiv artists and such a sneak preview so they can market the game for free.

I know we mostly all have our thirsts or attraction for certain character designs of certain series, but the pokegirl fans I find pretty annoying just with how big Pokémon is, and at times it feels like it’s more about people talking about the new girls than it is whatever cool new Pokemon designs themselves… Said girls usually have little to no personality too, if they have any lines in the game at all.

Spoiler

Would also like a little more info/footage on that "team up" mechanic. They made it seem like you could co-op the world, but then immediately split the group up. Soooo can it be co-op or do you play as multiple characters for different areas of the game?

Really good trailer - these games are looking quite nice and ones I’m looking forward to

Really love the look of the boxart of the games too - probably two of my favorites throughout the series

The new Pokémon look pretty cool too - really like Lechonk - might have that on my team

Still going to choose Sprigatito as my starter though

Really like the two legends - really leaning towards Violet because that Cyber looking dragon looks pretty sweet

Considering both legends look different and the two different looking professors, I’m not sure if both will have the same story or different altered stories foreach game

might be one of those times where i might end up buying both versions, even though Violet will be my main version like White was when i bought Black at some point later on

Going off the website it’s multiplayer with up to 4 players - that’s definitely new and unexpected - interested in trying that out at some point 

Though I don’t know about catching mechanics, looks pretty similar to how Pokémon appeared in the overworld in Arceus, which i really like having again, since it makes the world feel more alive… even though that’s been known and shown since the first trailer we got

Nice to see the Mareep line back in a game - really like that line

Will be pre purchasing these when that’s available- or a bundle if they do that again

Edited by Shadow118
5 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:
  Hide contents

Would also like a little more info/footage on that "team up" mechanic. They made it seem like you could co-op the world, but then immediately split the group up. Soooo can it be co-op or do you play as multiple characters for different areas of the game?

Going by the website it’s multiplayer with up to 4 players

Definitely a new way to play for the series

Curious how that will work - will have to try that out at some point because im intrigued on that

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/explore/

Edited by Shadow118

Looks like we’ll be able to freely explore, do whatever and most likely I’m assuming be able to do Gyms in any order?

The whole open world aspect is something I’m really excited about and looking forward to

Really looking forward to exploring the region at my pace and wherever i want 

Wonder if we’ll have a ride-esque Pokémon like in Arceus or like Sun/Moon era for more travel options again?

Edited by Shadow118

What the hell?!?

Why is everybody put up spoilers?!? 80% what ppl can know is in the vid and the other 20% thru the official website and official twitter. What's there to hide in comments on that?!?

You just see one person do and the rest follows??!

....Anyways, few ppl like the last trailer are commenting on the graphics. Like last time, they seem alright to me not better than last time but there is some lagging FPS in this trailer like the last one.

Yeah, what Shadow118 said there's 4 player online multiplayer, I don't think it is online co-op, meaning that even tho you go anywhere at anytime makes it easy to drop in co-op but I feel this is smaller but more in-depth experience of S&S passive online player experience. Sounds promising but as much as I want to online co-op, I am fine with 4 player online multiplayer.

Ppl seem to like first route Pokemon LeChonk, I'm in a agreement with them in 2nd that Smoliv and last Pawmi. I didn't like the starter Pokemon that much but seeing them in motion, I already know what Pokemon I am going for, it's grass starter for me.

This is a funny and conflicting choice, I decided when first announced that I will go Scarlet and the lady Professor is cool looking and nothing against the legendary for Scarlet but the legendary for Violet looks so much cooler. Rare that a legendary cover is influencing what version I want to get.

Yeah, the release date and legendaries were expected, glad we got to see that. It was like this last year with the 2nd trailer for BDSP at this time we got the release date. Anything to ill now and release could be share. Just have to sit back and enjoy the reveals of this game slowly.

Last comment here, saw this on comment for the trailer for LeChonk: LeChonk, will evovle to LeThicc and finally into LeBadonk. Lol, that's a good one to me.

I can Kit maybe but Krysta no. The artwork on the official Pokémon website I would say no to either. Turo  looks older in the artwork compared to the trailer. 

Edited by Zero
Misspelled words

So, it's been theorized that Scarlet and Violet represent the past and the future respectively.

Part of the professor name in Spanish means past and future, along with part of the legendaries names is Japanese mean past and future. Also, read somewhere the legendaries names Japanese mean ride on too.

What if the 2 first professor for the series every are these 2 legendaries name closely tied with past and future? A wild take to be for sure but what if? Also, the first professors not named off a tree to me lend more to the similar past and future naming scheme here.

Edited by DLurkster
2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

So, it's been theorized that Scarlet and Violent represent the past and the future respectively.

Part of the professor name in Spanish means past and future, along with part of the legendaries names is Japanese mean past and future. Also, read somewhere the legendaries names Japanese mean ride on too.

What if the 2 first professor for the series every are these 2 legendaries name closely tied with past and future? A wild take to be for sure but what if? Also, the first professors not named off a tree to me lend more to the similar past and future naming scheme here.

image.png.f22ff8d874feabb06efb067fb75e5295.png

Seriously though, after talking with TKrazyO earlier that part does make sense especially looking at the differences in the two legendaries.  I wonder if we might see some actual world affecting shenanigans with this rather than it simply just being an interesting theme or something.

16 minutes ago, Kezay said:

image.png.f22ff8d874feabb06efb067fb75e5295.png

Seriously though, after talking with TKrazyO earlier that part does make sense especially looking at the differences in the two legendaries.  I wonder if we might see some actual world affecting shenanigans with this rather than it simply just being an interesting theme or something.

I add an accidental 'n' and the whole worlds notices it.:P