Nintendo Q4 (Jan-Mar) 2022 Earnings Results (Sales Data)

image.png.4251799d3a8a9957c36892aae5d80b96.png

Running late with this but we still in the game!  Without further ado: (Link to data here)

The data for the final quarter and full fiscal year information is in and it makes for a nice snapshot as to just how healthy the Switch ecosystem of things is as it surpasses 107M in sales globally. (and that's without any meaningful price drop whatsoever!)

Software wise there are some interesting chart movers.  Kirby & The Forgotten Land managed well over 2M after less than a week on sale up to when tracking for Q4 ended.  It's likely well on its way to becoming the best selling Kirby at this rate.  Speaking of best selling, Metroid Dread officially surpassed Metroid Prime to become the best selling Metroid title in the series.  It has been a crawl (heh) but it's a nice return to form for Samus to hopefully put the franchise back on the map as a prime (heh-heh) pillar in Nintendo's stable.  Here's to hoping we get some info on Metroid Prime 4 soon!

Continuing the train, Skyward Sword HD has surpassed the sales of the original release on Wii; additionally, Pokemon Legends Arceus managed to nearly double it's total sales count since the previous quarter.  It's already tracking to potentially surpass every other Pokemon title released on Switch thus far, not name Sword/Shield, by the time the next quarter rolls around.  With Scarlet and Violet pegged as the big holiday releases it still has time to continue racking up numbers before everyone starts moving towards the next in line.

Nintendo Switch - 107.65M

Switch Top Ten Million Sellers

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 45.33M

Animal Crossing New Horizons - 38.64M

Super Smash Bros Ultimate - 28.17M

TLoZ: Breath of the Wild - 26.55M

Pokemon Sword/Shield - 24.27M

Super Mario Odyssey - 23.50M

Super Mario Party - 17.78M

Pokemon B.Diamond/S.Pearl - 14.65M

Pokemon LG Pikachu/Eevee - 14.53M

Ring Fit Adventure - 14.09M

Additional Million Sellers Outside Top Ten

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 13.31M

Splatoon 2 - 13.30M

Pokemon Legends Arceus -12.64M

Luigi's Mansion 3 - 11.43M

Super Mario 3D World+Bowser's Fury - 9.43M

Mario Party Superstarts - 6.88M

Clubhouse Games: 51 WW Classics - 4.22M

TLoZ: Skyward Sword HD - 3.91M

Metroid Dread - 2.90M

Kirby & The Forgotten Land - 2.65M

New Pokemon Snap - 2.40M

Mario Golf: Super Rush - 2.35M

Miitopia - 1.68M

Big Brain Academy - 1.59M

WarioWare: Get It Together! - 1.27M

Game Builder Garage - 1.06M

Really impressed with Pokemon Legends: Arceus and Kirby and the Forgotten Land. I bring those up because this is the first pretty much mainline Pokemon game with a single SKU to sell that much. If there was 2 it would of sold as well as Pokemon S&S in LTD sales. That's crazy! Kirby, besides this was gonna sell in how reinvigorated this outing to sell that much in 6 days before the fiscal year end is almost on the same sales trajectory PLA sold in that timeframe.

Congrats to Metroid Dread to being the best selling Metroid game ever. I want to be 3+ million plus. really thought it would at hat point. It probably is now. I can't say if the free update before the fiscal cut off began but it should of done more to me. Just glad we broke that Metroid ceiling.

I honestly had no expectations of how much over 100 miliion Switch are out there. We sure are gonna pass PS4 and GB LTD sales sometime this year. We are so close, I can taste it! As for the legendary DS and PS2 LTD sales, I say in the next 2 full fiscal years will beat if Nintendo keeps the estimates of sales of hardware and have software to play. Despite chip shortage it is affecting Nintendo the least than Sony and Microsoft and we Nintendo is mostly outselling PS5 and Xbox series in NPD sales each month. Just keep pumping those software and we can surpass DS and PS2. I wasn't sure it was possible like a year ago we could imagine we could pass PS2 and DS overall hardware but this is starting to look like a reality now!

• Chrom featured this topic