Video Games Finished in 2017

Gold

Added WWE 2K17 a few days ago, because the Hall of Fame showcase is somewhat of the story mode... right? 

I'm not sure if this has been asked about, but how does one finish Overwatch? Since you have to be level 25 to play competitively or whatever, can that be a goal? It takes several hours to become level 25, like a normal game can. About 25-40 hours, if experienced enough. 

On 3/31/2017 at 10:47 AM, XLW said:

I'm not sure if this has been asked about, but how does one finish Overwatch? Since you have to be level 25 to play competitively or whatever, can that be a goal? It takes several hours to become level 25, like a normal game can. About 25-40 hours, if experienced enough. 

Personally I wouldn't really consider Overwatch to be "beatable," the same way you don't "beat" a game like 1-2-Switch, since it's strictly a multiplayer experience. If we had to quantify it though I guess level would suffice (although 25-40 hours to reach level 25 seems like an overestimation to me, especially considering how few points you need to level up in the first few levels).

Yeah, but team chemistry makes or breaks a match, and I've played with random online players that were varied in terms of skill. And, learning different characters take time and patience because of their flaws and advantages, like an RPG. I got the game like last August, and a few days ago, I did get to level 25 when the new centaur chick arrived before she was good for seasonal play. That level 25 cornerstone proves that you know how some characters work, before you do ranked stuff. Reaching a milestone in a game should count for something, even if there is no conventional story mode, because you spent a good amount of time playing it like a regular game.

True, although that might be all the more reason not to consider it beaten just for reaching a level within the game. You could technically be carried to that level with minimal effort on your part if you just happen to get lucky with random teams or even coordinate specifically with friends. And we don't consider other games beaten just for spending a lot of time in them; with games like Super Smash Bros. we've usually defined "finishing" it as unlocking a certain amount or all of the extra content within the game. Which really just loops back to my original thought, that Overwatch shouldn't really be considered a game that can be finished.

- 7th Dragon III Code: VFD (3DS)
Pretty serviceable dungeon crawler. Probably could've used a more distinct protagonist character though, rather than completely interchangeable party members. [image]

- Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3)
Insanely repetitive, and although there are occasionally some interesting missions most of them feel like mindless droning combat. I wish the game ran smoother too, the constant frame rate dips are pretty annoying. [image]

- 10 Second Ninja X (PSN - PS4)
When I saw that this was a precision paltformer I was worried it might be one of those obnoxiously difficult ones, but this isn't that bad, especially if you don't bother with 3-starring every level. Not a bad sense of humor either. [image]

- Curses 'n' Chaos (PSN - PS4)
I don't dislike the concept but this kind of game can get repetitive very quickly, and there's not much in the way of combat variety to prevent that here. And there are way too many flying enemies. [image]

- Animal Gods (Wii U eShop)

Beautiful little game, but pretty lacking in content. It's a shame since the Kickstarter proposal looked more promising. [image]

Earth Defense Force 2025 covers the G5 trophy, obviously, but it should count for B2) Not the Current Year as well, right?

C: 22

H: 8

P: 0

M: 0

O: 30

Challenges: 23 points

I don't even know, I've been playing so much random crap the past few months, and almost all of it old. Let's see...

Dark Souls 3's Ringed City, pretty sure I've found everything there is to find and beat every boss there is to beat. (I made a new character for it and played through the entirety of the main game/the other DLC, too.)

Tales of the Abyss

Pokemon Moon

Pokemon Colosseum

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Super Mario 64

Ninja Gaiden

Sonic Adventure 2

The whole Rogue Squadron series

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

There's probably more but that's all that's coming to mind right now.

oh, i emulated tota, but only because i couldn't find my 3DS copy and i wanted to see if the virtual state would make the PS2's load times more bearable

i also broke rule 4 a few days ago when i randomly decided to play Dark Souls 2 and loaded a character who was right in front of nashandra lol

Edited by Иecro

Just completed Twilight Princess HD for Wii U.  Will be posting a review in the next week or two along with a video I am doing for it.  It is only the second time I ever played through the game and I still have many of the same issues with the game that I did then (world feels too empty, horseback combat sucks, etc.) but i still enjoyed it for another go around.  Starting on Persona 5 today and hopefully I can knock that out by the time Mario Kart 8 is released.  

1. Pokemon Moon (3DS) 1/3/2017

2. Persona 4 Golden (PSTV) 1/16/2017

3. Kirby's Planet Robobot (3DS) 1/23/2017

4. Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) 2/4/2017

5. Fire Emblem Heroes (Mobile) 2/5/2017

6. NSMB (DS) 2/23/2017

7. Final Fantasy XV (PS4) 3/5/2017

8. Final Fantasy XV: A King's Tale (PS4) 3/5/2017

9. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) 4/10/2017

C: 3

H: 5

PC: 0

M: 1

O: 9

- Mr. Shifty (Switch)

Silly name aside this is a really fun action game: easy to grasp concept with a lot of depth and challenging design behind it. The game does get laggy at times though which is a problem for a fast-paced action game. [image]

- Picross e6 (3DS eShop)
Picross was perfect for the long plane rides I had a week ago. I do wish there were more normal puzzles and fewer mega puzzles though. I just don't enjoy the megas as much. [image]

- Stella Glow (3DS)
Pretty much exactly like the Luminous Arc games, both the good and bad qualities. Overall the gameplay felt more polished but there are still a couple of dumb difficulty spikes, especially the final boss. [image]

- Alien Rage - Extended Edition (PSN - PS3)
Cookie cutter FPS with pretty much nothing unique about it. Also maybe it's just me but I can't aim for shit in this game; there's a ton of recoil, ADS is super slow, and the aliens literally sprint from cover to cover. [image]

- Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom (PS3)
PS Plus in April really wasn't trying with the PS3; this is straight up shovelware. Though I'll cut them a little slack since Sony has been offering free PS3 games for years now and it's definitely the lowest priority compared to PS4 and Vita. [image]

C: 25

H: 10

P: 0

M: 0

O: 35

Challenges: 24 points

On 1/27/2017 at 11:54 PM, purple_beard said:

PB's master post

4/20/17 Bye Bye Box Box Boy / 3DS

Loved the game and the new abilities the incorporated.  OF the new stuff, the bombs, warps, and remotes were worth it and felt inspired.  I have not beaten the challenge levels.  I was kind of sad they dropped the the dual structure technique from the last game though. 

Added By Bye Box Box Boy to the list.

I forgot to do this for the past 4 and a half months

--------
C- 18
H- 2
PC- 0
M- 1
O- 21

Jan 11- Sonic CD (PS3)
Jan 13- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PS3)
Jan 28- Katamari Forever (PS3)
Jan 28- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4)
Feb 6- Pokemon Moon (3DS)
Feb 8- Catherine (PS3)
Feb 12- Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast)
Feb 15- Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3)
Feb 20- Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (PS4)
Feb 22- Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii)
Feb 25- Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (PS3)
Mar 5- Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (PS4)
Mar 9- Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
Mar 12- Sonic & Knuckles (PS3)
Mar 13- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (PS3)
Mar 31- Resident Evil 4 (PS4)
Apr 1- Super Mario Run (Android)
Apr 2- Snipperclips (Switch)
Apr 6- Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (3DS)
Apr 7- Stardew Valley (PS4)
Apr 17- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES)

Finished BotW a week or so ago and just forgot to put it on here.  Fantastic game, I loved almost everything about it.

EDIT: Since I just beat it today, I'll go ahead and add Super Bomberman R to this post.  The game is great for multiplayer and the story mode is ok, but it had me wanting to punch my tv at points.

Edited by SuperShadowX2
On 1/27/2017 at 11:54 PM, purple_beard said:

4/21/17 Super Bomberman R / Switch

Well, I had the credits roll from single player mode.  I really like the new arenas and some of the new Bombermen.  Not a bad game.  I just have to wonder why this game didn't run as smooth as Bomberman Blast did on Wii.  The game is a nice return to form of the series. I would have loved to have seen the body slams from Bman 64 return, the huts and Kangaroos from Bman '94, and some of Bman Blast's open area arenas...

Got the credit roll form single player mode.

Finished Link's Awakening DX for 3DS VC.  About 15 years or so late for the party. Never played past Mabe Village in the past due to several used copies being fucked up badly. Easily one of my favorite 2D Zelda games and is right up there with A Link To The Past for me. Working on Persona 5. That will probably take several more weeks at least to beat. Starting on Shantae for 3DS VC. Strategy this year deals with my backlog. I am focusing on 1 Console/PC title and one Handheld title.  My only real focus is on the games that I have yet to clear within my backlog. Unfortunately a lot of those titles tend to be RPGs which is why Link's Awakening is game #10 4 months in. Not enough time (school eats a lot of it up) and been playing games that take a lot of time to beat. On the plus side, the games I have beaten I have thoroughly enjoyed. 

1. Pokemon Moon (3DS) 1/3/2017

2. Persona 4 Golden (PSTV) 1/16/2017

3. Kirby's Planet Robobot (3DS) 1/23/2017

4. Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) 2/4/2017

5. Fire Emblem Heroes (Mobile) 2/5/2017

6. NSMB (DS) 2/23/2017

7. Final Fantasy XV (PS4) 3/5/2017

8. Final Fantasy XV: A King's Tale (PS4) 3/5/2017

9. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) 4/10/2017

10. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (3DS VC) 4/22/2017

C: 3

H: 6