Video Games Finished in 2017

Gold

Sure, this looks like it would be fun to participate in. :3 I didn't post in the one for last year since I just couldn't remember all the games I'd played, but starting in the beginning of the years makes it much easier. Especially because I've only beaten one game so far. :v

Pokémon Moon (3DS) - Very great game and a fun entry to the Pokémon series. Looking forward to replaying it again with restrictions once Bank comes out so I can save my Pokémon from deletion.

1) Console – 0
2) Handheld – 1
3) PC – 0
4) Mobile – 0
5) Overall – 1

Challenges have been added. A mix of unbeaten challenges from last year and suggestions from this year. More will be added occasionally. Any challenge added after you have beaten something that fulfills it does retroactively count, as long as you have proof for it.

Bronze (Worth 1 point each)

1) It’s The End Of The World - Beat a Fallout game

2) Not the Current Year - Beat a game with a year that isn't 2017 in the name
3) What Year Is It? - Beat a game that involves time travel
4) It's Dangerous To Go Alone - Beat a co-op game
5) That's Just Like, Your Opinion, Man - Beat a game with a Metacritic score of 50 or lower
6) Ghost Q - Beat a video game that has a Q somewhere in the title
7) Who’s A Good Boy? - Beat a game where you can play as a dog
8) Young Grasshopper - Beat a game directed by Suda51
9) Life Or Hometown? - Beat a Senran Kagura game
10) Wave of the Future - Beat a VR game

Silver (Worth 3 points)

1) Bad Touch - Beat a game using the Power Glove
2) Narcissistic Tendencies - Beat 5 games with a customizable protagonist
3) Gaming The System - Beat at least one video game rated E, E10+, T, and M each

4) Fan Of The Classics - Beat 5 games released before 1990
5) I Can’t See My Character - Beat a bullet hell game
6) Perfectionist - 100% a game (ex: all achievements/trophies obtained, all stars in a Mario game, ect)
7) Fanboy - Beat five games in the same series
8) Always On The Go - Beat 10 mobile games
9) The Start Of A Conspiracy - Beat a Zero Escape game
10) But Thou Must! - Beat a Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior game (main series only)

Gold (Worth 5 points)

1) Seeing Red - Beat a Virtual Boy title
2) Let Me Tell You A Tale - Beat a Tales of game (ex: Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Abyss, ect)
3) For The Glory Of Lucifer - Beat a Shin Megami Tensei game (Persona titles count)
4) Keyblade Master - Beat a Kingdom Hearts game
5) No Brand Loyalty - Beat games on five different systems
6) Exterminator - Beat an Earth Defense Force game (does not include the unrelated Earth Defense Force game for the NES)

7) You Cannot Grasp the True Form of Giygas’ Attack! - Beat any Earthbound/Mother game

8) Smashing! - Beat a Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Pokémon, Star Fox, Metroid, Earthbound, F-Zero, and Kirby game

9) Top Of The Food Chain - Beat a Monster Hunter game

10) Pokémon Professor - Complete the Pokédex in X/Y/OR/AS/S/M (excludes unreleased Pokémon. Must have been done this year, however you may transfer your collection to a new game and have that count.)

Platinum (Worth 10 points)

1) You Died - Beat a Souls game (ex: Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, ect)

2) Bloody Fingers - Get 100% on 'Through the Fire and the Flames' on Expert in Guitar Hero III
3) No Life - Beat 70 games

4) Masochist - Beat Hoshi wo Miru Hito [Stargazers] (Emulator is allowed)

5) Smashing Board - Beat ‘The Legend of Zelda’ doing the No Sword Challenge

Edited by Gold
33 minutes ago, K said:

I'm assuming we can apply these to gamess we've already beat since they weren't up to begin with or nah?

Yes, all challenges are retroactive.

EDIT: That was already stated in rule 6, but I'm editing the challenge post up above with it as well.

Edited by Gold
On 1/6/2017 at 2:02 PM, K said:

PC

Crimzon Clover World Ignition [Steam] - 1/4

Combat Cats [Steam] - 1/5

Shoot 1Up [Steam] - 1/5

Croixleur Sigma [Steam] - 1/6

Call of Juarez Gunslinger [Steam] - 1/8

GundeadliGne [Steam] - 1/8

Vanguard Princess [Steam] - 1/9

Challenges

Bronze

Silver

I Can’t See My Character - Beat a bullet hell game GundeadliGne [Steam] - 1/8

Added the "I Can't See My Character" challenge for the game GundeadliGne.

Fuck it I am gonna count this even if I haven't gotten the "True Ending" I still fucking got the "Normal Ending."  Just beat Persona 4 Golden, which by the way was FUCKING AMAZING! Its one of the best JRPGs I have ever played, just fucking blown away by it.  Anyways I am going back in trying to get the "True Ending" but fuck it.  I don't think there is any Challenge for this?  Oh well.  Here we go

1. Pokemon Moon (3DS) 1/3/2017

2. Persona 4 Golden (PSTV) 1/16/2017

2 hours ago, mikecamper said:

To clarify on the LOZ no-sword challenge--  does that include the Ganon fight.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to have the sword to  beat him.   I know you can get through the rest of it without one.  

Correct, you have to have the sword for Ganon. Basically you need proof of being in Ganon's room without a sword as well as credit proof. Easiest way is to die to Ganon, grab the sword, and then run back and kill him.

Hi,

I'm not gonna bother with the achievement system like previous years. I just like keeping a list to track my progress and see how I've trimmed the backlog. Here's what I've finished so far.

lilty's Games Finished 2017

Pokémon Moon (January 9)

Crazy Taxi (January 11)

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune (January 16)

1 hour ago, blcdude1 said:

Beat: BoxBoxBoy! 3DS

Qbby's adventures are great puzzling fun. I've found them both quite enjoyable.

Unrelated question: How does something like PS VR Worlds work? Is it similar to Nintendo Land?

Reveal hidden contents

zD0u1Ya.jpg

I would assume so based on what I've read about it.

Total Games Beaten = 4

01/02 -- Castlevania -- Wii VC

01/02 --  C II:  Simon's Quest -- NES

01/08 -- C III:  Dracula's Curse -- NES

01/18 --  Super Castlevania IV --  SNES

Kicked off 2017 the same way as 2016.    Now how I envisioned this to go down is that I would play through all these on New Years Day.    But that's because I'm a dumbass.   I'm not that good.  yet! 

The plan, furthermore, was to get the best ending in Simon's Quest;  something I've yet to accomplish.    It is acquired by completing the game in seven or fewer day/night cycles.  

I   missed it by one day.  

Despite a one-day affair turning into a three-week one,   I'm remaining on board the Belmont train for now.    Have downloaded Rondo of Blood off VC and trying it out for size.     Might go ahead and play chronologically through the series through SOTN.   To this day I've only played the numbered games.