Video Games Finished in 2017

Gold

Chrom's Games Finished 2017
Fire Emblem Heroes (February 7)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (April 23)
Fire Emblem Awakening (July 15)
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (August 20)
Super Mario Run (October 8)

Recently got into Super Mario Run thanks to the new update and just played all the way to the end of World Tour. It's a pretty solid game and thoroughly enjoyable.

On 8/18/2017 at 11:10 AM, XLW said:

3/16- Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS.

Great, even if combat feels weird. 

3/16- The Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild for the Switch.

By no means flawless, but it deserves the 9s and 10s it does get. Easily one of the best games of this year. Only I know where it will be on my best games of all time 2017 edition.  

3/16- Fire Emblem Awapotheosis for 3DS. 

I know what I said. After at least four years of struggling to get it right, I finally did it. I'm taking a break from that game because I FINALLY conquered that monster of a mission. And I defeated the regular game too. I had to make a new game to get the right combos, and it FINALLY paid off.  

3/17- Superhot for PC. Forgot about this. It's so meta of what it wants to be.

3/28-  WWE 2K17. Finished the Hall of Fame showcase, if you were thinking it didn't have a conventional story mode.

4/30- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Mostly for 200 cc.   

5/13- Project X Zone 2. 

The story drags on, the gameplay gets boring after a while, and I don't care for much of the characters, except for those I do like.  

5/22- Fire Emblem Echoes 

It's flawed, but not entirely bad.  

6/11- Pilotwings Resort. 

I beat all the missions with one medal, no way am I going to take my time getting the diamond cup, and I got evening and night. It's mediocre, but there's a lot of fun to be had here. 

6/19- Final Fantasy (GBA remake on Dawn of Souls) 

I final... the game. It's really high on my favorite games I have completed, now that I...

7/9- Crash Bandicoot for the PS4 N. Sanity Remake

Everything is fine... except for the hit point detection and depth at times. 

8/2- Final Fantasy Tactics. 

Besides cheap enemy fairness and some really out of place localization flaws... and the story being a little bit confusing to follow at times, the job system, visuals and music are incredible. Grinding sucks admittedly, when enemies get stronger as your party does. But, the extra characters make this game a lot better. Some battles were annoying or very easy. Don''t know where this would fall in my best games I've beaten, but it was a rollercoaster of emotions. 

8/2- Kirby's Dream Land for the Dream Land Collection 

There was a delay in my controls sometimes, but it kept me interested for an hour. I finally played this after II. Strange, isn't it? 

8/16- Punchout! For the Wii! 

Ow, my arms... 

8/18- Diddy Kong Racing for DS. 

Ow, my hands...  

10/9- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch (that also has the story from the first game, which I beat too). (Can this count if I beat the first game's story mode too? Cause it's in there. I beat both story missions.)

Handheld – 6
PC – 1
Mobile – 1
Overall – 17

10/9: Tekken 7 

Beat the story mode tonight, both the "main story" and the Character Episodes. The game overall is pretty fun but the story mode was kind of meh. it worked for what it was but never really impressed. The narrator was dry and monotone like a lot of people have complained about and the main plot didn't ever get as deep as it could have. Granted people don't play fighting games for the plot a few others lately have managed to still have pretty decent ones. The character episodes actually felt more fun but were too scarce. I would have rather really seen each character get a little bit more story in a more classic arcade fashion myself. It also suffered from some cheesy fights, which is something a lot of single player portions of fighting games suffer from. The core gameplay is pretty great though and I've always loved 3D fighters. I can see myself spending a lot of time on it since the real meat of fighting games tends to be more about competitive modes and getting into the mechanics. 

Igneous42 2017 Games Beaten
2/9: Fire Emblem Heroes (Mobile) 
2/20: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (PS4)
3/16: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
9/18: Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)
10/9: Tekken 7 (PS4)

Handheld – 1
PC – 0
Mobile – 1
Overall – 5

Edited by Igneous42
- Heroes of Mana (DS)

Ended up playing this because GameFly skipped about eight games on my queue. Anyway this an RTS but the format doesn't work super well on the DS, at least not for this game. [image]

- Hue (PSN - PS4)
Really nice little puzzle-platformer. At first it kind of looks like a lot of other puzzle-platformers like Limbo, but the color switching aspect adds a unique twist. [image]

- Monster Hunter Stories (3DS)
The combat system kind of irked me at first but the longer I played the less I was concerned about it. At the end of the day this is a pretty solid monster-collector RPG. [image]

- Crypt of the Necrodancer (PSN - PS4)
I'm really enjoying playing this, it's such an original/unusual game. Rogue-likes though, man they are pretty discouraging at times. At least this has some permanent upgrades so you can try to prepare yourself a little more for the next run. [image]

- Sky Force Anniversary (PSN - PS4)
A so-so shoot 'em up but I don't like how you have to replay levels repeatedly to earn enough medals to progress. Especially since, even when you play on hard or insane difficulty, nothing changes. It's always the exact same enemy patterns. [image]

C: 77

H: 23

P: 0

M: 0

O: 100

On 10/9/2017 at 5:27 PM, XLW said:

3/16- Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS.

Great, even if combat feels weird. 

3/16- The Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild for the Switch.

By no means flawless, but it deserves the 9s and 10s it does get. Easily one of the best games of this year. Only I know where it will be on my best games of all time 2017 edition.  

3/16- Fire Emblem Awapotheosis for 3DS. 

I know what I said. After at least four years of struggling to get it right, I finally did it. I'm taking a break from that game because I FINALLY conquered that monster of a mission. And I defeated the regular game too. I had to make a new game to get the right combos, and it FINALLY paid off.  

3/17- Superhot for PC. Forgot about this. It's so meta of what it wants to be.

3/28-  WWE 2K17. Finished the Hall of Fame showcase, if you were thinking it didn't have a conventional story mode.

4/30- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Mostly for 200 cc.   

5/13- Project X Zone 2. 

The story drags on, the gameplay gets boring after a while, and I don't care for much of the characters, except for those I do like.  

5/22- Fire Emblem Echoes 

It's flawed, but not entirely bad.  

6/11- Pilotwings Resort. 

I beat all the missions with one medal, no way am I going to take my time getting the diamond cup, and I got evening and night. It's mediocre, but there's a lot of fun to be had here. 

6/19- Final Fantasy (GBA remake on Dawn of Souls) 

I final... the game. It's really high on my favorite games I have completed, now that I...

7/9- Crash Bandicoot for the PS4 N. Sanity Remake

Everything is fine... except for the hit point detection and depth at times. 

8/2- Final Fantasy Tactics. 

Besides cheap enemy fairness and some really out of place localization flaws... and the story being a little bit confusing to follow at times, the job system, visuals and music are incredible. Grinding sucks admittedly, when enemies get stronger as your party does. But, the extra characters make this game a lot better. Some battles were annoying or very easy. Don''t know where this would fall in my best games I've beaten, but it was a rollercoaster of emotions. 

8/2- Kirby's Dream Land for the Dream Land Collection 

There was a delay in my controls sometimes, but it kept me interested for an hour. I finally played this after II. Strange, isn't it? 

8/16- Punchout! For the Wii! 

Ow, my arms... 

8/18- Diddy Kong Racing for DS. 

Ow, my hands...  

10/9- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch (that also has the story from the first game, which I beat too). (Can this count if I beat the first game's story mode too? Cause it's in there. I beat both story missions.)

Handheld – 7
PC – 1
Mobile – 1
Overall – 18

10/19- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga for 3DS. 

I'll ignore the Bowser's Minion part, as I think that's a different game itself.  

But... I finally conquered the 13 year old beast that I always hated. Reflecting on this game... It's really solid. I think the developers taking care of some of my problems that were in the original really helped sway my opinion for this remake. 

That being said, it'll be interesting to know if this is in my top 100 now. My mood towards this game changed when I finally beat the final boss, who I hated in the original. 

F U CACKLETTA'S SOUL! All these feelings dormant inside of me finally brought you down, ^%$@%#$^#@^#@!@%%^#$@%#@%#%$#@%$@%#@#@%$@!$@@ !

Another Pokemon title down.  Pokemon Red and I am now going onto Silver.  Working on Persona 3, about 38 hours into that.  Just playing what I feel like playing.

1. Pokemon Moon (3DS) 1/3/2017

2. Persona 4 Golden (PSTV) 1/16/2017

3. Kirby's Planet Robobot (3DS) 1/23/2017

4. Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) 2/4/2017

5. Fire Emblem Heroes (Mobile) 2/5/2017

6. NSMB (DS) 2/23/2017

7. Final Fantasy XV (PS4) 3/5/2017

8. Final Fantasy XV: A King's Tale (PS4) 3/5/2017

9. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) 4/10/2017

10. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (3DS VC) 4/22/2017

11. Persona 5 (PS4) 5/10/2017

12. Legend of Zelda: BotW (Switch) 6/12/2017

13. Alleyway (3DS VC) 6/16/2017

14. Legacy Collection: Mega Man (3DS) 6/17/2017

15. Legacy Collection: Mega Man 2 (3DS) 6/17/2017

16. Legacy Collection: Mega Man 3 (3DS) 6/19/2017

17. Legacy Collection: Mega Man 4 (3DS) 6/22/2017

18. Legacy Collection: Mega Man 5 (3DS) 6/23/2017

19. Legacy Collection: Mega Man 6

(3DS) 6/25/2016

20. River City Ransom (3DS VC) 6/26/2017

21. NHL 94 (Sega CD) 6/27/2017

22. NHLPA 93 (Sega Genesis) 6/27/2017

23. NHL 96 (Super NES) 6/28/2017

24. NHL 99 (N64) 6/28/2017

25. The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ (Switch) 7/11/2017

26. Super Mario RPG (Wii VC) 7/17/2017

27.  Chrono Trigger DS (Nintendo DS) 8/20/2017

28. Rayman Legends Definitive Edition (Switch) 9/23/2017

29. Pokemon Red (3DS Virtual Console) 10/22/2017

C: 11

H: 17

PC: 0

M: 1

O: 29-14

22712538_10155817223441660_8299770630697563372_o.thumb.jpg.5dabf7a2368d6ce661380a9971a4e0dd.jpg

Challenges: 13 points  

Silver (Worth 3 points)
7) Fanboy - Beat five games in the same series (Mega Man 1-5)

Gold (Worth 5 points)

3) For The Glory Of Lucifer - Beat a Shin Megami Tensei game (Persona titles count) (Person 4 Golden)
5) No Brand Loyalty - Beat games on five different systems (Persona 5, NSMB, Zelda Botw, Fire Emblem Heroes, Twilight Princess)

Edited by Irondog666

Beat a few games lately; Persona 4 Golden, Hotline Miami, and 999. As much as I love and adore Persona 3 Portable for getting me into the series, P4G has taken a seat among my Favorite Games Of All Time (TM) and it was honestly just the most lovely 100 hours I've spent in a JRPG ever. I love those characters to death and it's one of those games I really could just immerse myself into and forget everything except for cozy little Inaba.

Hotline Miami was a white knuckle adrenaline rush from start to finish. I'm not one for gore, and I don't really play any twitch reflex action games (Well, I guess there's Melee but that's about the only one I play regularly) so this was quite the deviation from my wheelhouse. I had a blast. From the 80s aesthetic, the music, to the fact that it just got my heart racing every time I got really into a level, this game was a treat.

999 is a game I've wanted to play for a long time. I don't play many visual novel style games, but I'd heard nothing but good things about Zero Escape, so after lending it to a friend I finally managed to sit down and give this game a shot.

Holy shit.

I haven't been gripped by a game like this in a long time. The puzzles were good, not overly frustrating like some games of this sort can be, and upon going back through and completing the multiple endings it honestly rocked me. For those that have played, the endings I got in order were: Submarine, Safe, Axe, and then the true ending.

It's still taking me some time to work through exactly what was going on in the end, but I think I understand it for the most part now and all I can say is wow. Once it all comes together in the true ending, it was just a treat to play through, and I'm glad I got to experience it on the DS vs the PC due to the part in the incinerator where you flip your DS upside down to complete the sudoku. Shoutout to that old DS game Brain Age for helping me in that one lmao. I'm super stoked to play through VLR and ZTD.

Up next is Fire Emblem Awakening because I've been having a hankering for some FE lately, and along with that is Breath of The Wild. (Finally!)

Fire Emblem Warriors (October 24)

I completed the story of FE Warriors on Nintendo Switch yesterday. The game's pretty fun and I appreciate that there's a lot of content to enjoy, especially if you're a fan of the Fire Emblem series. Will be playing this a lot for a long while, and I'm looking forward to the DLC too.

I don't do anything outside of speedrunning very often nowadays, but I've tried to get back into it more.
Recently, I've been trying to revisit games I enjoyed as a kid but never beaten, or sequels to them, etc.
So far this year, I've beaten:

Frogger (PS1, painfully difficult)
Pac-Man World (PS1)
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (PS1)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Metroid
Mega Man X

Fire Emblem 7 (I only no-life'd 8 and 9 back in the day lol)
Pokémon Card GB2: Here Comes Team GR! (Game Boy Color—Japanese-only sequel to Pokémon Trading Card Game)
Final Fantasy IX (PS1)
A Hat in Time (PC) (100%)

I can't tell if this is supposed to count games we've beaten before, but in case it does, then here are some more:

Donkey Kong Country (in every conceivable way lmao)
Donkey Kong Country 2 
Donkey Kong Country 3 (103%)
Super Mario World (100% aka 96★)
Yoshi's Island (100%)
Earthbound
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (100%)
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (100%)
VVVVVV
Worms Armageddon (All Missions)

Edited by Pichi

Fire Emblem Warriors (October 24)

Super Mario 3D World (October 26)

Another beaten game! Earlier this month I finally got around to playing Super Mario 3D World on Wii U and finished it this afternoon. Very pleased with it.

Let it be known from the valleys to the hills (and maybe the dells) that on October 26th, 2017, I beat some video games for the first time in my miserable life... since March. They were:

Metroid: Samus Returns

Pretty much everything I wanted out of a new(ish) 2D Metroid, but still ended up feeling like it should've been released two or three years ago. Still a lot of fun. The boss fights were some of my favorites in the last few years, but I couldn't help but feeling like there needed to be about half as many mini-bosses and twice as many actual bosses.

Hyper Light Drifter

This is one I will be playing more to 100%. The combat is exquisite and the way the unlockable techniques complement each other makes you feel awesome. Graphics and sound are perfect, and it was really impressive to experience what is basically an action/adventure/lite-RPG with no dialogue whatsoever. Highly recommended.

Sonic Mania

Another game that I've scarcely scratched the surface of despite having seen the credits. I am really really REALLY terrible at Sonic (apparently), so the final act took probably as much time as the first 4 put together... Combined with the weird, nauseating, fever dream nature of that act, I beat the game feeling mostly queasy. Still, I enjoyed every other part of the game, so I look forward to beating it with more characters and finishing all the bonus stages.

Edited by subrosian

Beat: Doki Doki Literature Club (PC) [October 28]

this one was an experience i don't think i'll be able to forget anytime soon

Handheld – 0
PC – 3
Mobile – 0
Overall – 6

Completed Games:

Spoiler

January 21 - Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)
February 3 - Banjo-Kazooie (Nintendo 64)
June 13 - Persona 5 (Playstation 4)

August 19 - Dies Irae (PC)
August 24 - Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! A-1 (PC)

October 28 - Doki Doki Literature Club (PC)

Completed Challenges:

Spoiler

Perfectionist - 100% a game (ex: all achievements/trophies obtained, all stars in a Mario game, ect) [Silver]

Edited by Fire

10/30: Cuphead

Probably going to my surprise hit of the year - which isn't saying much with how few games I've beaten. Even so, I enjoyed this way more than I thought I would. When I first heard of Cuphead I didn't think it was for me. As amazing as the aesthetic is, I've never been a fan of  the "old-timey" cartoon look. It grew on me really quick when playing the game and I found that the challenge was the best part. While there are some exceptions the game does an incredible job of making things challenging but not cheap, something a lot of of games fail to grasp. Overall highly recommend it for people who like challenging but rewarding games. 

Igneous42 2017 Games Beaten

2/9: Fire Emblem Heroes (Mobile) 
2/20: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (PS4)
3/16: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
9/18: Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)
10/9: Tekken 7 (PS4)
10/30: Cuphead

Handheld – 1
PC – 1
Mobile – 1
Overall – 6

Just in time for Super Mario Odyssey! My Mario Odyssey bundle is awaiting me at my parent's house (I ship things there because they have a keyed mailbox and it's a better area). The year is getting close to finished, hopefully, at least Odyssey gets finished and Fire Emblem Echoes is sitting sad that I haven't beat it yet.  

Edited by Igneous42
On 1/27/2017 at 11:54 PM, purple_beard said:

11/1 Super Mario Odyssey / Switch

*"Main Game"

*Haven't done "post game" ...yet....

Around 260 on moon count...

Actually, in the vein of SM64, SMS, and this one... .this one is by far my favorite.  The 8bit extra stages, the other extras in the game are nice touches.  That said, some kingdoms felt underdeveloped yet others just right.  I think the moon for anything sometimes cheapened the value of the moons... but hey....  graphics were pretty good and what I liked most is not being tossed out of a stage after grabbing a moon but the ability to keep on going.  That really helped speed of the process of collecting.

- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (3DS)

Great game, remake doesn't really add much of significant value but the core game is still well worth playing. [image]

- Amnesia: The Dark Descent (PS4)
Pretty spooky, but I feel like the ending could have had more substance to it. The final confrontation/resolution was kind of bland after everything that came before it. [image]

- Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (PS4)
Not quite as spooky as the previous game, since it's easier to avoid monsters and you don't need to manage your inventory/oil supply. The setting is a lot prettier though (for the first half of the game at least). [image]

- Earth Atlantis (Switch)
Finished this after they released the new patch to make the game a little less tedious. It's still a fairly repetitive game just because of the style/genre it's in but it's entertaining enough if you're looking for a shoot 'em up on the Switch. [image]

- Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Like everyone else has said this is a fantastic game. I'm almost worried that, after Breath of the Wild and Odyssey this year, Nintendo won't be able to keep up the hits for the Switch next year, but we'll see. [image]

C: 81

H: 24

P: 0

M: 0

O: 105