Video Games Finished in 2017

Gold

Adding these:

26. [May 22] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) [Twitter Post].
27. [Jun. 15] EarthBound (3DS VC/SNES) [Miiverse Post].
28. [Jun. 22] Super Metroid (3DS VC/SNES) [Miiverse Post].
29. [Jul. 8] Ever Oasis (3DS) [Twitter Post].
30. [Jul. 15] Splatoon (Wii U) [TwitterPost].
31. [Jul. 16] Star Fox Zero (Wii U) [Miiverse Post].
32. [Jul. 30] Splatoon 2 (Switch) [Twitter Post].
33. [Jul. 31] Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (3DS) [Twitter Post].
34. [Aug. 19] Super Mario Maker (3DS) [Twitter Post].

Console – 14
Handheld – 19
PC – 1
Mobile – 0
Bonus – Dunno
Overall – 34

Original Post:
https://ninfora.com/forums/index.php?/topic/928-video-games-finished-in-2017/&do=findComment&comment=76392

Chrom's Games Finished 2017
Fire Emblem Heroes (February 7)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (April 23)
Fire Emblem Awakening (July 15)

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (August 20)

Finally finished Fire Emblem Echoes on Hard Classic. Great game.

Have beaten Chrono Trigger 6x now and I am still working through trying to 100% the game.  Probably going to take a minute with the extra content (battle arena, item percentage, bestiary, etc).  Putting it down as completed but that is the one that I am going for 100% on.  Started on Chrono Cross but that one will probably be awhile.  Figuring this is going to be mostly an RPG year for me.

1. Pokemon Moon (3DS) 1/3/2017

2. Persona 4 Golden (PSTV) 1/16/2017

3. Kirby's Planet Robobot (3DS) 1/23/2017

4. Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) 2/4/2017

5. Fire Emblem Heroes (Mobile) 2/5/2017

6. NSMB (DS) 2/23/2017

7. Final Fantasy XV (PS4) 3/5/2017

8. Final Fantasy XV: A King's Tale (PS4) 3/5/2017

9. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) 4/10/2017

10. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (3DS VC) 4/22/2017

11. Persona 5 (PS4) 5/10/2017

12. Legend of Zelda: BotW (Switch) 6/12/2017

13. Alleyway (3DS VC) 6/16/2017

14. Legacy Collection: Mega Man (3DS) 6/17/2017

15. Legacy Collection: Mega Man 2 (3DS) 6/17/2017

16. Legacy Collection: Mega Man 3 (3DS) 6/19/2017

17. Legacy Collection: Mega Man 4 (3DS) 6/22/2017

18. Legacy Collection: Mega Man 5 (3DS) 6/23/2017

19. Legacy Collection: Mega Man 6

(3DS) 6/25/2016

20. River City Ransom (3DS VC) 6/26/2017

21. NHL 94 (Sega CD) 6/27/2017

22. NHLPA 93 (Sega Genesis) 6/27/2017

23. NHL 96 (Super NES) 6/28/2017

24. NHL 99 (N64) 6/28/2017

25. The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ (Switch) 7/11/2017

26. Super Mario RPG (Wii VC) 7/17/2017

27.  Chrono Trigger DS (Nintendo DS) 8/20/2017

C: 10

H: 15

PC: 0

M: 1

O: 26-14

Challenges: 14 points  

Bronze (Worth 1 point each)
2) Not the Current Year - Beat a game with a year that isn't 2017 in the name (Mega Man 6)

Silver (Worth 3 points)
7) Fanboy - Beat five games in the same series (Mega Man 1-5)

Gold (Worth 5 points)

3) For The Glory Of Lucifer - Beat a Shin Megami Tensei game (Persona titles count) (Person 4 Golden)
5) No Brand Loyalty - Beat games on five different systems (Persona 5, NSMB, Zelda Botw, Fire Emblem Heroes, Twilight Princess)

Beat: Dies Irae (PC) [August 19]

Beat: Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! A-1 (PC) [August 24]

Finally finished up these VNs. Dies Irae was great (and somehow took almost as long as Persona 5 did for me...).

Handheld – 0
PC – 2
Mobile – 0
Overall – 5

Completed Games:

January 21 - Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)
February 3 - Banjo-Kazooie (Nintendo 64)
June 13 - Persona 5 (Playstation 4)
August 19 - Dies Irae (PC)
August 24 - Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! A-1 (PC)

Completed Challenges:

Perfectionist - 100% a game (ex: all achievements/trophies obtained, all stars in a Mario game, ect) [Silver]

Edited by Fire

- Until Dawn (PS4)

Good horror game but the most impressive part might be looking up how different everything can be depending on your decisions. It's much more complex than other "decision-driven" games. Although some of the last decisions near the end feel kind of abrupt. [image]

- Sundered (PSN - PS4)
I really liked their previous game Jotun so I backed Sundered during its Kickstarter. The game itself is good: satisfying combat and exploration, and even though you're expected to die a lot it's not too frustrating since you keep your exp crystals so you can upgrade your stats and try again. The game isn't very stable though. The load times are pretty annoying and the game crashed on me a few times. [image]

- forma.8 (Switch)
Very slow paced Metroidvania adventure game. It's certainly charming though your slow movement and attacks can be annoying sometimes when you start to lose patience with the pace of the game. [image]

- Minecraft: Story Mode - The Complete Adventure (Switch)
Kind of bland Telltale game. The episodes are just too short to develop the characters beyond cartoon level, and the quick-time events are getting excessive in these games. [image]

- Resident Evil 7 (PS4)
Really great horror game. That first time playing it when you're not sure what's gonna happen at any moment so you jump at every little noise–good stuff. Great to see serious resource management and creepy horror back in Resident Evil. [image]

C: 64

H: 16

P: 0

M: 0

O: 80

Challenges: 35 points

I beat Forza Horizon. It was a fun game. I'd like to get the newest one eventually. 

Totals:

C- 5
H- 0

PC- 0

M- 2

O- 7

• (1/7) Sunset Overdrive [Xbox One]
  • (1/10) Burnout Paradise [Xbox One]
  • (1/27) The Room [iOS]
  • (1/29) The Room 2 [iOS]
  • (1/30) Resident Evil HD [PS4]
  • (6/16) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild [WiiU] 
  • (8/31) Forza Horizon [Xbox One]

Icey (PS4) - This was  a fun action title.

Kamiko  (Switch)

The Bunker (PS4) I really enjoyed this. It brought me back to the whole Sega CD era where the majority of the games I played where pretty much FMV story driven. I feel that genre really needs to come back somehow.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked  (3DS) - I actually beat this a while ago but I didn't count it before since I was playing on and off. I finish a 2nd run of it now and I got to say its very enjoyable. I got to give credit to Atlus when they want to experiment since I was thinking before this game how would them taking it SRPG work out. It works good very good.

Handheld – 5
PC – 0
Mobile – 1
Overall – 25

9/18: Metroid: Samus Returns

So I didn't forget to keep updating this, I just legitimately haven't had anything to add in forever. This has not been a strong year for single player games or cleaning up my backlog. However, I finally have something to add and if I'm gonna finally add something at least it is something good. It was far too long a wait for a new Metroid, especially when the last one we got was the catastrophe that was Other M (FF doesn't count). It's been even longer since we got a classic 2D Metroid. There was a lot of pressure on Samus Returns to return the series to form. For my part, I think it did so phenomenally. Just over 11 hours for my first playthrough and I had a blast the entire time. It is everything a Metroid is supposed to be. Awesome atmosphere, fun exploration and the combat embodies the old school feels but with enough new bells and whistles to feel fresh. I almost have to begrudgingly say some of the ideas from Other M seemed to lay the groundwork for some of the mechanics. The Melee counter feels like a much-improved take on the dodge shot from Other M and the animations they trigger on some of the boss fights are awesome.

I also loved how much Prime influence there seemed to be. It finally feels like they aren't just pretending Prime didn't exist outside its own series and is actually a part of the Metroid lore. If I have one complaint it's that some of the "boss fights" are very repetitive. Granted it's a remake of the game where Samus exterminates the Metroids so it's understandable, but the few unique bosses that exist are awesome.  Diggernaught, in particular, may just be my favorite 2D Metroid boss ever. I loved how much of Samus' toolkit he required. In many ways, it felt like a Metroid Prime boss in 2D. I'm psyched to have both Metroid and Samus return in such great ways. Get's me excited for Prime 4!

Spoiler

Igneous42 2017 Games Beaten
2/9: Fire Emblem Heroes (Mobile) 
2/20: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (PS4)
3/16: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)

9/18: Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)

Handheld – 1
PC – 0
Mobile – 1
Overall – 4

- Chicken Wiggle (3DS eShop)

Solid 2D platformer, not quite as difficult as the Mutant Mudds games but there are some tricky parts. There's a good amount of freedom in creating your own levels; I hope people keep putting out new creations regularly. [image]

- Miitopia (3DS)
Cute for a while but not enough to sustain the entire length of the game. Battles are so automated that I literally fell asleep while playing several times. [image]

- Graceful Explosion Machine (Switch)
Really fun shooter. It's just a score chaser kind of game but the gameplay is simple and addictive. [image]

- Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)
At first I was a little wary of this coming from MercurySteam but it's a really great Metroid game. It also just reminded me of how much I love the series; I want to replay all of the games now. [image]

- Thimbleweed Park (Switch)
If you like point-and-click adventure games this is a must-get. It's funny, the puzzles have just the right level of challenge (and there's an in-game hint system if you need it) and the retro pixel graphics are awesome. Really the only thing that might be against it is that point-and-clicks are still best played on PC for the controls, but you can use the Switch's touch screen which works out pretty well too. [image]

C: 66

H: 19

O: 85

Just beat Rayman Legends Definitive Edition.  Still trying to get everything in that game which could take awhile.  Starting up on Metroid Samus Returns and Resident Evil Code Veronica on the Dreamcast on the side.

1. Pokemon Moon (3DS) 1/3/2017

2. Persona 4 Golden (PSTV) 1/16/2017

3. Kirby's Planet Robobot (3DS) 1/23/2017

4. Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) 2/4/2017

5. Fire Emblem Heroes (Mobile) 2/5/2017

6. NSMB (DS) 2/23/2017

7. Final Fantasy XV (PS4) 3/5/2017

8. Final Fantasy XV: A King's Tale (PS4) 3/5/2017

9. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) 4/10/2017

10. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (3DS VC) 4/22/2017

11. Persona 5 (PS4) 5/10/2017

12. Legend of Zelda: BotW (Switch) 6/12/2017

13. Alleyway (3DS VC) 6/16/2017

14. Legacy Collection: Mega Man (3DS) 6/17/2017

15. Legacy Collection: Mega Man 2 (3DS) 6/17/2017

16. Legacy Collection: Mega Man 3 (3DS) 6/19/2017

17. Legacy Collection: Mega Man 4 (3DS) 6/22/2017

18. Legacy Collection: Mega Man 5 (3DS) 6/23/2017

19. Legacy Collection: Mega Man 6

(3DS) 6/25/2016

20. River City Ransom (3DS VC) 6/26/2017

21. NHL 94 (Sega CD) 6/27/2017

22. NHLPA 93 (Sega Genesis) 6/27/2017

23. NHL 96 (Super NES) 6/28/2017

24. NHL 99 (N64) 6/28/2017

25. The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ (Switch) 7/11/2017

26. Super Mario RPG (Wii VC) 7/17/2017

27.  Chrono Trigger DS (Nintendo DS) 8/20/2017

28. Rayman Legends Definitive Edition (Switch) 9/23/2017

C: 11

H: 16

PC: 0

M: 1

O: 28-14

Challenges: 13 points  

Silver (Worth 3 points)
7) Fanboy - Beat five games in the same series (Mega Man 1-5)

Gold (Worth 5 points)

3) For The Glory Of Lucifer - Beat a Shin Megami Tensei game (Persona titles count) (Person 4 Golden)
5) No Brand Loyalty - Beat games on five different systems (Persona 5, NSMB, Zelda Botw, Fire Emblem Heroes, Twilight Princess)

Edited by Irondog666
- Unravel (PSN - PS4)
Cute side-scrolling platformer, and it has some decent platforming gameplay, but at times I was just getting bored with the slow pace of your movement and annoyed at some finnicky lasso/swinging sections. [image]

- SteamWorld Dig 2 (Switch)

If you liked the first one you'll love this one too. It's everything the first game was but bigger. I especially liked that it had a more Metroidvania sense of exploration and that you can kind of customize your play-style with upgrade gears. [image]

- Nier: Automata (PS4)
I didn't realize this had open world RPG elements, I had just assumed it was a straight action game like Platinum's other games. I can see why people liked it so much though, it's a fun game, and I guess there's still a lot more I can do in the game after finishing it once. [image]

- Just Cause 3 (PS4)
Blowing shit up is a lot of fun but I couldn't find myself caring about the story, plus story missions always felt too long. They always ended up feeling tedious. [image]

- SteamWorld Dig (3DS)
I started replaying this while writing my review of the new game to remind myself of what's different, but then I got sucked into the game and ended up finishing the whole thing. [image]

C: 70

H: 20

O: 90

- Strike Vector Ex (PSN - PS4)
I don't think this is a game so much as it is some kind of optometry test. If you want to play a game where you mostly try to shoot moving targets a few pixels wide this is your game. [image]

- Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (3DS eShop)
Got this on MyNintendo just because I had gold coins expiring, and yet I still feel like I wasted my money. Definitely wasted my time playing through this little platformer. [image]

- Hatoful Boyfriend (PSN - PS4)

Not really as funny as I was expecting it to be. [image]

- Troll and I (Switch)
Wow, I really should have skipped playing this one. [image]

- Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power (PSN - PS4)
I had heard that this one got lower ratings than the first two, but I didn't really understand why when I started playing it. It's different but not necessarily bad. Then I got to the end and realized—wait, where's the rest of the game? A short game is fine but they don't even finish the story they started in this game, it's actually really jarring. [image]

C: 74

H: 21

O: 95

Tokyo Xanadu (Vita) - I was anticipating this game from Falcom for so long and I got to say it was pretty fun. It felt pretty much like Ys meets Trails of Cold Steel. Fast pace action but free time events which you can bond with your teammates.

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (PS4) - Finally the latest game has arrived and I got to say I enjoyed it. I got more to say but I'll keep it inside for now.

Handheld – 6
PC – 0
Mobile – 1
Overall – 27