Select My Nintendo members getting special Nintendo Switch event invites

Chrom

4 hours ago, Deku Claus said:

How do they know who lives in NYC? I don't recall seeing an address form on My Nintendo.

Just guessing here, but perhaps for the users they're choosing, maybe they're looking at their stored Club Nintendo info (which had State and such) for it. Other than that, I have no clue.

Hm, San Francisco you say? Shame it's the last on the tour but still I hope I get an invite.

3 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Hopefully this is like what they did with the WIi U Experience events they had in a few places across the U.S., which they invited plat. Club Nintendo members to. I got to go to the one in D.C. and is was so much fun!

w225513185.jpg

Yeah that was a lot of fun! One of the few times I actually got to play a solid round of the ZombiU multiplayer.

They don't even mention what game(s) you'll be playing on the Switch at the events. I mean, I personally wouldn't go to just fumble around with the darn thing on the HOME Menu screen. Remember what Hiroshi Yamauchi once said: "The hardware is just a box you buy only because you want to play Mario games.".

Speaking of, I hope they let that teased 3D Mario be the game to demo, and announce it officially simultaneously, but I just know the most likely (and boring) scenario is that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild will be what's on display instead.

Edited by Blitzmo
1 hour ago, Blitzmo said:

They don't even mention what game(s) you'll be playing on the Switch at the events. I mean, I personally wouldn't go to just fumble around with the darn thing on the HOME Menu screen. Remember what Hiroshi Yamauchi once said: "The hardware is just a box you buy only because you want to play Mario games.".

Speaking of, I hope they let that teased 3D Mario be the game to demo, and announce it officially simultaneously, but I just know the most likely (and boring) scenario is that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild will be what's on display instead.

Well to be fair we only have like, four games confirmed for Switch at the moment. And these special previews are all after January 12th so we'll know what kinds of games to expect after that Switch unveiling.

To bring it back to the Wii U preview again, that event had about a dozen different games, including launch titles and some that were more like brief demos for later games. So they had a pretty decent amount of stuff on display back then.