Indie World Showcase 5/11/22 - 7am PT/10am ET

Posted (edited)

Pretty good Indie Showcase, with some interesting looking games. In particular...

I could help but think of Art Style: DIDIDRIVE (a.k.a. INTERSECT) on DSiWare (originally a part of the bit Generations series on GBA - JPN only) when they were showing this off. I know they're both different games, but they both involve managing the flow of traffic, have a minimalistic art style, and chill music. This looks like it could be just as fun as DIGIDRIVE, which I loved! Hopefully there's a demo of this, because I'd really love to try before I decide if I want to buy.

Come to find out this was originally on Apple Arcade and this is from the same dev. as Mini Metro, witch is also available on Switch.

Edited by alienboyva

Not quite anything that blew me away in this Indie World Showcase, but there were still several games that caught my attention.

• ElecHead looks really cool, kind of gave me BoxBoy vibes from its simple but inventive puzzle design.
  • Gunbrella is interesting, and I did like Gato Roboto, so this'll be one to keep an eye on.
  • Soundfall sounds fun, in a Crypt of the Necrodancer/Cadence of Hyrule kind of way. Not sure how the rhythm mechanics flow without a grid-based map but I'm intrigued.
  • "Roguelike deckbuilder" gives me pause, but Wildfrost looks cool, I'll have to keep an eye on it.
  • I didn't realize Ooblets still hadn't come out, I remember hearing about this game for years. It still looks ridiculously cute.
  • Totally Accurate Battle Simulator isn't the kind of game I'm all that interested in playing, but videos of the game are always hilarious.

This Indie direct didn't have much that I wanted play but I like the that crab game, (and I'm not into soul like games or rouge regenerated dungeon crawlers), a demo for Card sharks is out now and Soundfall seems interesting to me. (I'm usually not into rhythm games but the cutscenes and overhead view of gameplay battle mechanics is something I may want to try)

Other than that like some of these indie directs to me, the last one was fire to me and this one wasn't for me. The one before the the last fire one, that one too wasn't for me. It is off and on when one does it for me and then doesn't.

I wonder if its gonna be like this as pattern so going by that the next one will be fire for me?

• Chrom featured this topic