What games do you hope make it onto the Switch?

2 hours ago, Kezay said:

Monster Hunter.  Would also be nice to see games from the Tales series too despite Namco having gone all in with Sony on that one. A Baten Kaitos series remaster would be cool too and on that note a brand new Baten Kaitos game would be swell too!

Oh yeah, Monster Hunter would be nice. It's been a while since the last console one. I was kind of expecting Capcom to port XX to the Switch.

6 minutes ago, Erdrick said:

Oh yeah, Monster Hunter would be nice. It's been a while since the last console one. I was kind of expecting Capcom to port XX to the Switch.

Would be a nice surprise anyway to see that come the January Direct for the system.  It was definitely an awesome moment seeing Tri Ultimate announced for Wii U pre-launch.

- new 2D Metroid game (Samus as the protagonist, can be a side-story as I don't need Metroid 5)

- new Metroid Prime game (Samus as the protagonist, Prime 4 continuing off of Hunters->Federation Force arc, more Prime 1 in structure though)

- HD Metroid Prime Trilogy (as hold over for either of the two new Metroid games above)

- new 3D Mario game (traditional like 64, Sunshine or even Galaxy)

- new Super Mario 3D game (if traditional 3D Mario game has been done, follows structure of 3D Land/World)

- new Mario & Luigi RPG

- new, traditional Paper Mario RPG

- new Paper Mario action adventure that further improves upon Color Splash's direction

- new side-scrolling Super Mario game (bye to the New series)

- Mario Kart 9

- Pokémon __________ & ______________ (Generation VIII)

- Pokémon D/P remakes

- Splatoon 2

- new Xenoblade Chronicles title

- new Legend of Zelda (like usual console entries)

- new Legend of Zelda (top-down, classic)

- new Legend of Zelda (top-down, classic or console entry structure)

- new Kirby platformer

- new Kirby platformer

- new Kirby spin-off (like Mass Attack, Canvas Curse or Epic Yarn)

- new Kirby Air Ride

- Super Smash Brothers 5

- Fire Emblem Warriors

- Luigi's Mansion 3

- Animal Crossing: _______ _______ (expands on whatever New Leaf did right)

- Pikmin 4

I would be shocked if this list isn't much bigger by the end of the Switch's life...They're combining their handheld and console into one system. I might make a third party list later, but I do expect more than that list out of the Switch from Nintendo that I would actually be interested in buying.

Hmph. What games do I hope show up?

A 3D Mario platformer. An actual, 3D Mario platformer. Not another "3D" Land/World. An entry with expansive levels to explore like 64 and Sunshine. That Mario tease back in October is not substantial enough for proof of what we're getting. I want to see it be publicly announced and described as such. The standard Nintendo Direct history retrospective with misplaced pride will only have to mull over 2 entries, 4 if they count the Galaxy games for whatever reason. It won't take too long.

Pikmin 4 (Or the Pikmin reboot as it's now being peddled as by the rumor mill). Hopefully that one will not take 9 years to be made? And have actual content? I would like to believe Miyamoto wants to be serious with that IP as of late, but his past efforts have been lackluster, so I'm not holding my breath. I don't mind if it's a reboot, I just hope that it can surpass Pikmin and Pikmin 2. In fact, I definitely can see it being a reboot, as Miyamoto, once again, searches for vain new ways to make the series finally relevant.

A Pushmo sequel with something new to play around with. Or heck, a trilogy retail release (like BoxBoy!) of Pushmo, Crashmo and Stretchmo packed together, all revamped in HD like Pushmo World on Wii U. Imagine toting around that sucker, aww yeah... If it's a sequel though, I hope that it builds upon what was introduced in Stretchmo and not something completely asinine and unnecessarily complicated like Crashmo. Surely Unintelligent Systems isn't that busy to not do something like this?

And lastly, I would very much love a new entry in the wonderful Steel Diver franchise.

Edited by Blitzmo