Magicant - N4A Chat Thread - May 2022

On a different note, I finally defeated Kid Icarus. 

... Is it wrong to say I like I like it more than any of the Super Mario Bros. games on the NES? And World? Then again, I have a certain gravitation to Greek and Roman mythology. 

I might give Hades a try one day, but I like to try the scary and mysterious games around Halloween. Not the right time for it yet. 

10 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Is it wrong to say I like I like it more than any of the Super Mario Bros. games on the NES?

one of my fav NES games is milon's secret castle so :v

Although I currently started out playing Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, I currently and finally beat Kirby Super Star Ultra’s True Arena, and it got me thinking: 

Which Kirby game has the hardest Arena and True Arena? 

I’ve only defeated Ultra and Triple Deluxes so far because they’re mostly gimmick free. By that, no vehicle sections. (Even if Super Star Ultra has the two, but they’re not too long.) I’ve kind of dreaded completing those two modes because of the random nature of those boss fights. 

To say which of those two is harder… Out of memory: Super Star Ultra. You can both cheese them with Stone, but Ultra demands more patience and room. Defeating the last four bosses of SSU’s True Arena with Stone was some of the most tense moments I’ve ever had. Because two of those bosses return in Triple Deluxe, I thought I’d know how to read them. Then again, it was nearly seven years ago when I completed Triple Deluxe.

Forgotten Land's True Arena (even if it's not actually called that) is the best because of the way it handled dying.

Instead of having to spend half an hour re-fighting everything just to get back to the boss you died at, you lose a certain amount of money, and the penalty increases each time you die. On top of that, it starts you back at the boss you were on, at the start of their first phase, which wastes any power-ups you bought from the store beforehand.

This way, there's still a penalty for dying, but it's also respectful of your time.

We got a timer for our hot water cylinder yesterday and I’m far more excited about it than I have any right to be. 

It’s liberating. I can take a shower at any time and the water won’t heat back up until it’s cheap or free haha. 

Finally beat Robobot’s True Arena.  

I think Super Star Ultra is the hardest because there’s no way to cheat the arena system… well, except for maybe action replay, but I don’t have that on me.  

Planet Robobot’s final three to four bosses are really difficult. The final boss there does a BS final attack that one can just avoid, not dodge. 

… Oh, yeah, I never did defeat Return To Dream Land. That’s what started the modern Kirby craze of the last decade or so. I’ve been meaning to play that for forever.