Magicant - N4A Chat Thread - May 2022

a taste of my shitty-ass week:

In-law: "Your boyfriend comes from a very close family. That is why you came here. You can't run away so quickly."

Me: "And I don't come from a close family?"
In-law: "You don't have a grandpa like David."

sorry if my grandparents died, ma'am. y;

(and yes, I realize they're not technically my inlaws because we aren't married yet, but like... that's basically our relationship lmao)

And context, my inlaws are not taking David and I's decision to move to California well, like, at all.

7 minutes ago, Stephen 776 said:

a taste of my shitty-ass week:

In-law: "Your boyfriend comes from a very close family. That is why you came here. You can't run away so quickly."

Me: "And I don't come from a close family?"
In-law: "You don't have a grandpa like David."

sorry if my grandparents died, ma'am. y;

(and yes, I realize they're not technically my inlaws because we aren't married yet, but like... that's basically our relationship lmao)

And context, my inlaws are not taking David and I's decision to move to California well, like, at all.

E6W1mGiWEAI3an-.jpg

Perhaps explain to your in-laws the specific reason why you're moving to California (i.e. because it's one of the few states that will recognize your marriage given recent events), and that maybe if Texas wasn't such a shithole for LGBT people, you might've been more reluctant to leave it behind?

2 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Perhaps explain to your in-laws the specific reason why you're moving to California (i.e. because it's one of the few states that will recognize your marriage given recent events), and that maybe if Texas wasn't such a shithole for LGBT people, you might've been more reluctant to leave it behind?

It's not just Obergefell/Lawrence is on thin ice because lmao, guess who learned last week Roe, Lawrence, and Obergefell all use the same basic legal argument. There's also how much anti-queer rhetoric (although more anti-trans than anti-lgbt broadly) is not only accelerating this year but includes a special focus on schools when, oops, my career plan changed to being a teacher during the pandemic. The fact David and I need to talk about fucking *Lawrence* is just spooky as hell. Lastly, and most critically, my parents may only be able to hold us over this year while we take a month to get settled, so we need to hedge our bets now.

We've tried to explain our concerns as openly as possible to David's mother, but she's doing the whole "nothing will happen" thing. Which hmm. Mostly, David and I aren't going to talk with her about the politics too long. We've explained our concerns and mostly saying "we're entitled to our choices and we'll do what we feel most comfortable doing." We're aware we might be overreacting, but if the worst case scenario is that we end up in Cali instead of Texas for no urgent reason, there's worse outcomes.

Edited by Stephen 776
4 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

yea unfortunately this tactic works the way you'd expect it to almost never :v unless the people in question are already supportive

anyway, davy and I's itinerary is planned out. We have a looooooooong drive to just inside New Mexico; followed by a short drive to middle of Arizona the next day; and then a drive so short to SoCal, that we'll probably check out the Kaibab National Forest first. We'll arrive at my parents on his birthday, lmfao. That's just how timing worked out.

Anyway, T-minus 42 days until departure y;

With June coming up and E3 cancelled this year, wonder if Nintendo will still be doing their own Presentation/Direct/Stream this year regardless?

Pretty much the main thing i watched and payed attention to throughout the years of E3

Looks like Microsoft/Bethesdas has a thing on June 12th so that’s something at least 

Haven’t seen anything beyond that for other compthough

I mainly only cared about E3 because I got to watch the big three's press conferences on G4 back in the day, but since they just have their own online events these days, as long as they're still doing them I don't care about missing E3 much.

3 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

The Simpsons has been renewed for a 34th season this year.

However, Disney and Fox have implemented a new rule for the show for it's next season and onwards.

Google “Simpsons Rule 34” for more information.

Nice try smartypants

Also that trailer for Multiversus dropped a couple days ago, was a good trailer too

Appreciate them bringing back the original voice actors or sound alikes

That games looking pretty good so far - pretty amusing seeing WB embrace the Ultra Instinct Shaggy Meme and making it somewhat canon in some form too

Looking forward to this coming out - think I’ll take a look at it since it’s free to play

Though i donknow if it’s on the table, but still holding out hope it comes to Switch eventually - having that game on a portable system would be ideal 

Especially since I can’t play some games with keyboard controls that well - Sonic Generations comes to mind as an example 

Really found that one difficult to play with keyboard controls - was planning on getting a controller, but since the Steam Deck came out, was thinking of getting one of those instead 

Unless it’s coming to Steam and playable on the Steam Deck as well? Should take a look to see if there’s a page for that

Pretty cool and nostalgic seeing the Iron Giant in this and interacting with Superman too, though

Curious on on who else will brought to this game though - WB has a lot of properties so there’s a lot of possibilities 

Kind of hoping for the Animaniacs myself

Granted any version of Ben 10 that isn’t from that horrible looking reboot myself… god i hate that artstyle

Not sure beyond that though- if Learning with Pibby gets a series of sone kind, seeing her would be cool

Edit: looks like Multiversus has a Steam page, so looks like it’s coming to that too which is cool

I don’t see anywhere about it being playable on the Steam Deck though - might be something down the line though 

Also singed up for the closed alpha, but probably unlikely i'll get in

Edited by Shadow118