Magicant - N4A Chat Thread - May 2022

• Spring pinned this topic

I don’t know why i have this odd/weird habit of adding random things to playlists or to watch but haven’t gotten to yet

I’ve had added a bunch of videos on various YouTube lists but haven’t watched 80% of them and keep adding things…

And i have over 3,000 entries on my Myanimelist I haven’t watched yet 😵💫

And still been adding new ones in the past couple days - hard to keep up with adding new Anime that get added

Some i have on hold I should get around to watching…though some are a bit difficult to find in English…

Not sure about Netflix or Hulu though I’m pretty sure I have a decent amount I haven’t watched yet…

I dunno if it’s procrastination and not sure where to start/continue, or if it’s some weird Autism/ADHD thing

I dunno, honestly 🤷🏻‍♂️

Additional thought, but could be general laziness and boredom 

Can’t say there’s a huge amount of things to do that really interest me - kind of lacking in energy most of the time on top of that…

There’s a lot of things i should do, but….don’t 

A couple weeks ago I finally got around to starting Bayonetta and been playing it here and there

Took me long enough to get around to playing it

Next chapter I’m up to is Paradiso - Sky of Stars so pretty far into it

Though I’m not sure how I’ll be able to get the Platinum Medals/Trophies since I don’t know the criteria for getting them

Also love the Nintendo Costumes for several reasons and views - still have no idea how I’m supposed to use the Link one

Can’t remember if there were any in 2, but would be cool if we get some costumes again on 3, though might not be likely…

Bought a nice handful of new abilities, but I’ve forgotten most of the button combos already

___

______

Also been working on Splatoon 2 DLC here and there

Bloody hell these are difficult 

Beat two of the Bosses almost first try by some luck

Granted I’m stumped on a few of these missions on how I’m supposed to even start them since the weapon is unavailable and unable to use

I feel like I’m being stupid and missing something extremely obvious but can’t find any information on that… so kind of stuck on progressing through some paths right now….

---

REAL TALK:

Since there are so many different versions of the original Star Wars trilogy with their own quirks and differences, what if there was a way to pick-and-choose which versions of each scene you preferred, to create your own cut of the film? For example:

*Do you want Han to shoot first, or Greedo?

*Do you want Yoda to be CG, or a muppet?

*Do you want Anakin's force ghost to be played by Hayden Christensen, or Sebastian Shaw?

*Do you want the Max Rebo Band to play Lapti Nek, or Jedi Rocks?

Things like that.

Would it be fair to say that Star Wars has become like Pokemon in that the "main series"* has gone to shit due to developer infighting and executive meddling, but the spinoffs and side-material are still pretty good?

*by which I mean the mainline theatrical films for Star Wars, and the paired video game releases for Pokemon

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

Would it be fair to say that Star Wars has become like Pokemon in that the "main series"* has gone to shit due to developer infighting and executive meddling, but the spinoffs and side-material are still pretty good?

Nothing in Pokemon comes close to The Last Jedi to make that comparison feel right, but from what clips I've seen it seems right to compare Sword/Shield to TROS. The former for its "quality animations," and the latter for its poor lightsaber choreography. That said, I can still enjoy Pokemon Sword as a Pokemon game, but likely wouldn't be able to genuinely watch TROS as a Star Wars film. 

Edited by Ithrak Utopia

I wouldn't say so. The fact that PLA not only does so much right but appears to be the proof-of-concept for many things to come in SV tells me GameFreak *wants* to move the franchise forward and I'm honestly excited to see where Pokemon is headed to next.

Star Wars, on the other hand, is hmm. Look, I enjoy Star Wars well enough and watched the original trilogy many times over growing up, but I also just don't have the nostalgia-glasses many folks do for that trilogy. So when *all* of the spin-off content for Star Wars revolves around the original trilogy, it's just not an exciting franchise in the slightest. Like, I'm sure it's all fine, but that's about it, really.

Edited by Stephen 776
1 hour ago, Ithrak Utopia said:

Nothing in Pokemon comes close to The Last Jedi to make that comparison feel right, but from what clips I've seen it seems right to compare Sword/Shield to TROS. The former for its "quality animations," and the latter for its poor lightsaber choreography. That said, I can still enjoy Pokemon Sword as a Pokemon game, but likely wouldn't be able to genuinely watch TROS as a Star Wars film. 

The Last Jedi still had the worst choreography by far.

Even seeing the the film like a 2nd time some years ago, I was more annoyed at how bad the choreography and editing was with the fight scene against Snoke's guards than I was there not being an actual lightsaber duel itself. Outside of cinematography in some other scenes, TLJ just had no redeeming qualities.

TROS's choreography, while not the best, still felt like a step up for me in comparison. Honestly though, Ray Park as Darth Maul gave probably the best lightsaber choreography by far out of any live action Star Wars fight scene. Suppose it's not saying much given how infamous he is for his fight work compared to the other Star Wars actors, but still.

As far as the Pokemon and Star Wars comparison, I guess I have similar distaste towards Junichi Masuda and Kathleen Kennedy as the heads of modern Pokemon and Star Wars respectively. I feel the latter's improvement on Disney+ after the sequel trilogy wasn't really because of her, but in spite of her. We still got a mess of a trilogy because of her at the end of the day which won’t be so easily forgotten/forgiven even with current great shows… But it’s a start.

Oh, I didn't have that much left to say from our current PM conversation, but after looking it up when you asked about it, found that the thing about Darth Vader killing Watto was clickbait that I had been tricked by with a youtube video thumbnail implying it. Watto's fate from what I looked up and could tell, was more ambiguous, although I don't doubt Vader would kill him if they had crossed paths again.

Edited by Ridley Prime