Super Mario Bros. Movie delayed to April 7th, 2023

I was really looking forward to this, but... Taking a bit more time to make a product good, is always a good thing. Though, after the voice cast reveal, I don't have much hope. Miyamoto promises it will be worth the wait, so I got to trust him. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long of some sort of trailer.

BTW, I love how this tweet starts with "This is Miyamoto." I literally had to do a double take to make sure it was legit. :D 

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Super Mario Bros. Movie delayed to April 7th, 2023

MyNinfora said it best:

Even tho that is a weird coincidence, I think as much as we love Miyamoto, he's not one to make stories of anything interesting. So it can be a number of things why this is delayed, more time on voice work, animation, or script.

Man, how many more times is Nintendo gonna upend the tea table this year? First with BotW 2, the unconfirmed swap of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Splatoon 3 and now this Super Mario movie. Nintendo's year this year must be really packing heat to be making all these shuffling with 2 highly anticipated project moved to next year with Mario and Zelda now.

54 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

I didn't even realize it was originally scheduled for release this year.

You probably forgot but the release date was shown at Nintendo Direct last September. What everybody remembered over it, is the VA for the movie. It was revealed at the same time there.

Edited by DLurkster
6 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Should try for March 10 release

Yes, that is a Friday but to anyone who just know Super Mario by his name won't know unless advertised that MAR10 is Mario day.

Kid friendly movie always release near a holiday for more eyes on the movie. This Christmas was one them now delayed a week before Easter. Sonic 2 came out a week before Easter.

Not against March 10th but I we'll see as we get closer to launch if April 7th sticks or they go for MAR10 Day.

• Chrom featured this topic