Splatoon 3 release date - September 9th!

I like this and I think most would agree this is a awesome change!

So I believe in entering a friends room, you should able to get Tricolor turfwar and we get to choose our side of attacking or defending. This is great, this is really great!

Also, seen this with Gamexplain vid a few minutes ago.

I concur!

I don't know anybody who didn't like the shifty station stages in Splatoon 2 Splatfests.

It is sort of sad they are no more but Nintendo no matter how good something is similar but different in how GF giveth and taketh away each gen. That yeah, that was good but let's take that away and attempt to put in something better, how about 3-way turf war. Yeah, let's do that. 4 months later, anyone can attack or defend in tricolor turf war and you can always go to it.

Progress.

• 3 weeks later...

@TKrazyO: On another team with me going spicy. Also on top of that, the earache I mentioned in the MK8 thread, it still present but much better so under those circumstance stance won't be on discord but I'll be playing in the Splatfest. Another also, with me being all in hrs of the splatfest for the first in a while that I can remember this earache sure didn't put me in the mood to play yesterday night. I am just today gonna start, not good way for me to rep team spicy hard here.

Well here I go!

So, Team Sweet won.

I haven't seen any official tweets of it and I though there would be to supplement this:

But yeah the context is Team Sweet won the pre splatfest conch fest part and they were in the lead with whatever stats they used besides the above for half-way thru the 48hr splatfast.

But as I mention in the tweet, interesting that the point split the way they do. You can't say it is how the tricolor turfwar worked this time around but I think it is just the attendance of players at the time they were playing and the region for this distinct division in points this time around. I am sure they have been similar point division with past Splatfests (they were not often) but it's hard to remember with so much changing factor point divvy over these Splatfest.

This is the first Splatfest in a while, I didn't play as often as I could but what I did, I won like 60% of time. And I concur with Tricolor results for Spicy, won a lot of those no matter if I was attacking or defending. That and for the first time (I believe) those battles had 3 way battles with team spicy.

Also when it came to regular splatfest, I have not once played or run into Team Sour, it was all Team Sweet. So the only time I saw sour was in the Tricolor turfwars, lol.

Overall despite the only time in a while not playing as much as I usually do, I guess I had fun but still wished I played a little more this weekend but it just didn't workout this time around.

@DLurkster

From my experience on Saturday, every TriColor Battle was "sweets only." A lot of the Turf Wars were either Sweets or Spicy. I rarely went against Sour. I think one of the games I played before I started streaming was against Sour. Being on the defending side of TriColor was interesting but it needed a better map than the one it was on.

Here's the video for a majority of the matches played. Cut out about 3 of them because of stage repetition or just doing horribly.

Did get to play with @Pelord & @alienboyva for a few matches. GGs to you both.

If salty was a choice I probably would have chosen that. Otherwise, sweet was the only one I agree with. We got the win! 2 for 3 so far.

@TKrazyO: So I watched a vid that explained, that if you keep getting the ultra signal over and over in fail attempts, each duration in getting it goes down meaning you will finally obtain the Ultra signal. There's apparently 5 stages of less duration, also this doesn't only work for abut your attacking teammate as well, so that multiplier works if you get a few and they attempt to get the Ultra Signal afterwards.

So yeah you can generally plan to get the Ultra Signal but you are not penalized for going after it again and again as it it increases your duration odd of getting the Ultra Signal. I will remember to keep going after when I am attacking to get the Ultra Signal.

You can even see this proof in the first Tricolor turfwar, where your green sweet counterpart were going after the signal, then they eventually got it once and the 2nd time the got it, it was so easy to get cause they already widdle the duration to the Ultra signal.

As for the stage for Tricolor, I had no issue, I get some may be better than others or bring the shifty station from Splatoon 2 but at least it is something different.

I lurked on Discord and saw like in the vid above that Pelord and AB where there 20 minutes top. Curious if it matched up with the vid. That's what I do, I lurk guy.

EDIT: Also, no salty that salt wasn't a team (more of savoury guy then sweets, don't mind them but I gush more for hearty poutine then something sweetly delectable then tiramisu)  ...what rhythms with sour and some relate my dismay for no salt team....dour?

Edited by DLurkster
  • 3 weeks later...

The next Splatfest starts February 10th and goes until the 12th.

What's your favorite chocolate?

Dark, Milk or White?

For me it'll be between Milk and White Chocolate. It depends on the type of candy for white as I do like White Twix and Kit-Kats.

Edited by TKrazyO
America Info

Definitely going Team Dark Chocolate! 

1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

Dark you unsophisticated heathens!

EXACTLY!

People need to learn how to appreciate dark chocolate, because once you do, you'll realize how it's the superior chocolate.

uaEWUfP.gif

Edited by alienboyva

It's between dark and milk for me. I probably like milk chocolate a little better, but when you get really good dark chocolate it's…well it's really good.

I'm sure milk will have the majority of the popular vote though, and white will probably have the fewest votes.

Aw, I wanted to post the news of candy them splatfest oh well. I forgot to post when I first seen it, you snooze, you lose.

So yeah, as the black dude here and as Krazy mentions he like milk chocolate. Krazy knows this and AB too from out MK8 nights. I do not like chocolate bars never have, outside not even having a sweet tooth. I eat other candies just not chocolate bars. Tho the weird exception is I like hot chocolate and white chocolate. (the Hershey's Cookies & Cream) 

With that out of the way and said despite how anyone feels for their type of chocolate and popularity. I'm going white chocolate and I hope you guys will get a surprise that white chocolate is not as unpopular as you think. Also, this is the first time I'm choosing something from Big Man, yay?

Is he still the popular trio of the idols, will that matter that ppl will chose white chocolate more?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on Team Dark Chocolate and am off to a fairly middling start for this Splatfest. I think my win rate is almost exactly 50% so far. Milk, not surprisingly, seems like the most popular choice—I've probably only fought White 25% of the time at most.

I did kill a few Cohozunas in Salmon Run though and got a gold scale, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.