Splatoon 3 release date - September 9th!

Interesting vid on the philosophy of Turf Wars. (Almost a week old vid)

Started the vid half way through about Turf Wars tips and misconceptions.

Tho, I have always been of the idea that inking the most turf is the most important thing to do in Turf Wars, splatting anyone from the match for a few secs is secondary as yeah, it helps to make sure the other side don't splat you or ink more Turf. Like I use the Aerospray so it is ideal to ink turf pretty well so I stick primarily to that and if anyone happens to be in the way of that all the better. I was wrong but also right to sticking to inking every turf, at every minute. Instead (and I have though of this in turf wars) while inking or if I decide to go after other players and I get splatted, ink a little more turf on your way back to the action everytime you respawn. Yeah, it's great to cover as much and somewhat inaccessible area by the other team but doing this little spread by spread ink everytime you respawn, boosts your special and slowly as the match progress to the end. (it is mentioned earlier in the vid, that the last minute is what really matter in a turf war when it comes how many players other team have present)

Imma try to multitask then just inking and if someone is nearby oh well, your out for a while and try this get players out and splatted, ink more of the map each time I respawn back to the map. I am curious to see how this will change my game and how more turf wars I will win like this. I'm good but I wouldn't say I am great at Splatoon so this will be interesting to try out if this will net more wins in the end.

Edited by DLurkster

That's been a debate since the first one. Splatting vs Inking in Turf War. Both have some merit, you can't win if you don't ink, but it's easier to cover more ground with less enemies.

If you have a cohesive team, you can basically do nothing until the final minute, then do a team wipe and push and hit the 50% mark no problem.

Key emphasis on cohesive team in a regular turf war or Splatfest turf war. I could care less to an extent having a cohesive team in a regular turf war but it would be nice to have that in Splatfest a bit more often. At least I know my potential at this game that I don't want to ride the coat tails of others for a win, that is different in working in conjunction with competent teammates.

48 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Key emphasis on cohesive team in a regular turf war or Splatfest turf war. 

I meant that more in that the team can do literally nothing for the bulk of the match and then turnaround and win it. I think it was in Splatoon 2 (or 1?) I saw it. We had like 85% turf inked because they just stayed in the no-reach area the whole time, then with like 45 seconds left, they unleashed their specials, wiped our team, and took the map with a massive win.

So really, ink or splat doesn't overly matter. Only the final minute does.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh, they Smashified title music intro at start of a match in Smash in Splatoon 3 with the latest 2.0.0 update.

I like that touch, it's great seeing the music title as the match starts. Now, just let us have place where we can play the games music in the game please? It was in Splatoon 2 via d-pad direction dance mini-game so c'mon.

Yes, I've seen it some time before the game awards that Big Run Starts tomorrow! They also shared that at the game awards.

I'm shocked and and proud not that Splatoon 3 won best multiplayer but who it beat out, yeah, Call Duty is one but just man. Congrats Nintendo an Splatoon 3.

I feel Nintendo did pretty well tonight in my eyes, good night for them!

I know it's just Salmon Run on a different map, but Big Run is a lot of fun! Maybe this just highlights how much SR needs more maps after three months of the same three maps, hah. Also, it's cool how Big Run uses different parts of the map for high/low tide and normal tide. And the Grizzco Blaster is always a blast, especially on normal tide with those nice high ground perches on both sides of the main funnel. I don't know if I just got lucky but the only special rounds I encountered with mothership and fog. Glowflies would be insane here I'd imagine, unless you're just really lucky and the whole crew has high power weapons.

On 12/10/2022 at 2:59 AM, Eliwood8 said:

I know it's just Salmon Run on a different map, but Big Run is a lot of fun! Maybe this just highlights how much SR needs more maps after three months of the same three maps, hah. Also, it's cool how Big Run uses different parts of the map for high/low tide and normal tide. And the Grizzco Blaster is always a blast, especially on normal tide with those nice high ground perches on both sides of the main funnel. I don't know if I just got lucky but the only special rounds I encountered with mothership and fog. Glowflies would be insane here I'd imagine, unless you're just really lucky and the whole crew has high power weapons.

We had Glowflies with myself and another player both with Grizzco Blasters. That was my highest scoring round at 72 eggs, and we crew wiped in the third wave without hitting quota.

10 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

I was six eggs away from making the top 5%. I don't care too much about the statue, but I would like to see more scale drops during a Big Run. Just making King Salmonids appear more frequently would be a nice simple solution, and it'd give you slightly more valuable rewards.

Yeah I was hoping for a scale reward similar to the shells from Splatfest, not just a decoration... 

Like the occasional sweets (don't have a particular sweet tooth) so the closest thing to savory is spicy. Little more so than sweet but not much I like spicy stuff but I don't go out of my way to make anything spicy.

So I team spicy with Shiver, I guess? 

To be frank, even if I partake or not it's no big to me as these choices are not like before for me, I must be this or that. So we'll see who wins.