Splatoon 3 release date - September 9th!

Nope, food and drinks don't stack unfortunately. The concessions worker will warn you that you're replacing one with the other if you try to eat/drink while you already have an effect active. I've always thought they should stack but I guess drinks are more for late-game ability chunk grinding and food is more for early-game to build up money and EXP.

Splatoon 3 version 1.1.2 is coming out today (1am UTC/9pm ET)...

🔗https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/59461/kw/splatoon 3#v112

axDBaE3.png

Nice to see fixes for the connection issues (I got quite a few Comm. Errors when play Salmon Run a few days ago. Mainly when returning to the lobby after a job shift) and other bugs/exploits. I saw a video going around where someone was spamming the Tenta Missiles the entire match. Luckily there's a replay feature and the ability to report people from the Battle Logs menu via the Terminal in the Lobby.

Edited by alienboyva

Finally got Splatoon 3 yesterday.

Some observations I haven't noticed brought up here outside the few in Eliwood8's review but it more detail.

The anarchy battles; series and open are great addtions to Splatoon as Eli mentions in his review and mentions the cost of rank points in series. It's great as he say that tho you give up points and even if you lose majority of the series you don't lose that much. That's great but those who want to be punished may not think like that, I'm not one of them.

That said, unless you want to take your sweet time ranking up in Anarchy battles with open, I don't see the point going there unless your gonna do a one and done match sure. For me when I won matches I would get 8p per match and lose 2p match compared to the series you get 100p+ for winning or losing a series of 5 match. See the discrepancy there? I was playing a lot more open matched till I finally wanted to try series but toy commit to 5 matches in row was intimidating but the points you get from it is worth the slog of battles. So despite the discrepancy there those negatives cancel each other out over all for anarchy battles to me.

ADDENDUM: Yes, there's the option to pause the series but does that pause this particular rank mode for example Splat Zone? And when the modes rotate for series can you play next mode in rotation if you have another series rank mode on pause or you can play the next mode in rotation and when you get back to that rank mode pause, you carry on where you left off? So many questions, not that it off put me to test but didn't want to have different teams and wanted to finish the series I started no matter how it ends.

Still on the subject of anarchy battles, why is it you can't change your weapons in either series or open in-between matches, huh? That's a strange thing to omit when in Splatoon 2 it was all the rage in turf wars and ranked mode. You can only change your weapon in turf wars in Splatoon 3. Not sure because it is called anarchy battle it is suppose to be a tough luck or that in series it is hard to swap weapons so they decided to not swap weapons in open, I'm not sure but I definitely don't like that. I would like the option to change weapons no matter the mode in anarchy battles, please. Fix that.

Also on UI, it is great to have access to the menu about almost everytime in the lobby, I think because of that convenience, it is easy to overlook one aspect....your status, like your level rank and money. Yes you don't see ppl levels in this game at all in any online play. I think that is great, it sort of makes ppl feel we're all equal and have our amazing Splatags and all but with all that tho the menu is available to you at all time in the lobby, when matchmaking one aspect of the menu goes away your, level, rank and money. Also, since the result screen is streamlined at the end, everything whoosh by so fast with how exp, rank and money you don't all of that when you start matchmaking for some reason outside of matchmaking in the lobby and bringing up the menu you can see all that status but not while matchmaking for some reason. There's a way around that tho, while matchmaking the test range is where the top left is looking for players, if you move away from there and go upstairs you can see all your stats. Not sure if that was intentional or what but whether anyone would find this is a bit obtuse. Regardless they should find a way to show your stats while matchmaking.

EDIT: All the amiibo unlocks work with you getting all your gear in one go not how they did it in Splatoon 2 by battles with the exception of the Callie & Marie amiibo, they are the only ones you got to do battles to get the whole set. Back in Splatoon the amiibo gave you gear based on special mission you had to complete for them. amiibo unlocks for Splatoon have come a long way but overall this is the best way to get them and are quick.

Well with the good and some bad out of the way, the game is a lot of fun as I suspected. I have yet to play tableturf yet but plan to soon and made it to the 3rd island on in story mode. Splatoon 3 will be more amazing in time the kinks I mention I hope will be iron out in future updates but not holding my breath.

This is my locker, I would say it is still a work in progress. I got to step up my locker game!

Too Many Games - Time for a Purge! | Decisions, Decisions: Thoughts from an  indecisive gamer | BoardGameGeek

1082006292_DLslocker.thumb.jpg.6107a70e9b66187798f1b69e6aa6563f.jpg

EDIT 2: The Catalogue Lvs in the NSO Splatnet 3 app, if you are not aware you can see what kind level up reward you get each level all the way up to Lv.100. I forget what level I am currently at but after rise after rise I was getting tired of getting reward that doesn't seem worth while to me and the app is the answer to see what is coming next so you can look forward when you hit the certain catalogue level. What I am curious that with every season, (currently in the drizzle season) will the level rewards remain the same each season or differ for levels going up to 100?

It will be interesting to find out will happen with the catalogue rewards in the coming months.

Edited by DLurkster

So in order to see the replays of your matches and others besides yourself, as alienboyva mentioned before it is uploaded the NSO app Splatnet 3 replays.

Okay, here's a match I got decimated in with Splat Zones last night, here's the code to watch what happened: RUVQ-BKWR-3CM7-LYDL.

You put that DL code in the download battle replay box below under replay, view replay on the NSO app Splatnet 3.

I have watched this off and on from the other play perspective (camera controls are not intuitive) and all I know at the end of match and watching this, they splat anyone who was near the zone, once accomplished, they hunted us were we spawned and kept splatting us till they won. In all my years of playing Splatoon I never seen a Splat Zoned played like that and I had some bad games and good games but this is the most sound beating I every received every in Splatoon.

@TKrazyO: Sure, I hope on let's do some anarchy series matches, I am curious how coordinated team works in 5 consecutive matches in a row. At 8pm it will rainmaker mode, I'll make room if we have enough ppl. Should be interesting and fun.

41 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

So in order to see the replays of your matches and others besides yourself, as alienboyva mentioned before it is uploaded the NSO app Splatnet 3 replays.

Okay, here's a match I got decimated in with Splat Zones last night, here's the code to watch what happened: RUVQ-BKWR-3CM7-LYDL.

You put that DL code in the download battle replay box below under replay, view replay on the NSO app Splatnet 3.

I have watched this off and on from the other play perspective (camera controls are not intuitive) and all I know at the end of match and watching this, they splat anyone who was near the zone, once accomplished, they hunted us were we spawned and kept splatting us till they won. In all my years of playing Splatoon I never seen a Splat Zoned played like that and I had some bad games and good games but this is the most sound beating I every received every in Splatoon.

@TKrazyO: Sure, I hope on let's do some anarchy series matches, I am curious how coordinated team works in 5 consecutive matches in a row. At 8pm it will rainmaker mode, I'll make room if we have enough ppl. Should be interesting and fun.

When you upload a replay it doesn't actually go to SplatNet 3 on the NSO app. It just gets uploaded to Nintendo's servers and generates a code, so you can share it with others. The replays feature in SplatNet3 just keeps track of your uploaded replays, lets share you share the code with others right from your phone, and lets you download replays via the app when not on your Switch (You still have to go to the terminal in the Lobby to view them).

------------------------------------------------------

@TKrazyO I'll be there tonight for some ink battles! くコ:彡

Splatoon3 GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by alienboyva
7 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

When you upload a replay it doesn't actually go to SplatNet 3 on the NSO app. It just gets uploaded to Nintendo's servers and generates a code ,so you can share it with others. The replays feature in SplatNet3 just keeps track of your uploaded replays, lets share you share the code with others right from your phone, and lets you download replays via the app when not on your Switch (You still have to go to the terminal in the Lobby to view them).

@TKrazyO I'll be there tonight for some ink battles! くコ:彡

More or less and yes and no. Yes, you upload replay from the game Splatoon 3. For anyone else to watch is to DL from the app so it is on the app in that sense with the code. So as usual Nintendo convoluted way of online strikes again. Let me know if any of you guys watch that replay, quite the thrashing I got in that Splat Zone match.

Speaking of anarchy battles with the series, before the next rank mode ended an hour ago I was in the middle of series battle with Tower Control of 4-2 wins, when I started up another series for Splat Zones it asked if I wanted to continue playing my 4-2 series. Well, that answers an question I didn't think of, it just continues where it last left off of any series rank mode. That's cool.

I've gotta get some dinner before Smashdown so maybe another time for the Splatoon 3 team up.

In answer to some questions: Yeah as you just found out, Anarchy Series can continue across multiple game mode rotations. I have no idea how long you can pause a Series but I wouldn't be surprised if it was indefinitely (until the end of the season).

Essentially, I see Series as a means for leveling up your rank and Open for just playing Anarchy game modes with way less stress about earning or losing rank points. It kind of feels like Anarchy practice mode to me. And then there are times I just want to play an Anarchy game mode since they have such a different feel from Turf Wars, so it's nice to have two options—two Anarchy game modes that is—at any time, especially if there's one you don't particularly like *cough* Clam Blitz *cough*

The catalog is basically a Battle Pass so yes, it will presumably reset to level 0 for each season and offer new rewards each time, that's the whole point of a Battle Pass, to keep players invested in playing. If they were the same rewards in every season…well that just wouldn't make any sense.

1 hour ago, Eliwood8 said:

The catalog is basically a Battle Pass so yes, it will presumably reset to level 0 for each season and offer new rewards each time, that's the whole point of a Battle Pass, to keep players invested in playing. If they were the same rewards in every season…well that just wouldn't make any sense.

I see that point but to me bringing up new content each season, wouldn't they run out of content as opposed the same content but a reset of lv back to 0? Just my thinking on the other side of that.

I wonder if they will go off and on which seasons will get new content along with the level reset? That makes more sense as a balance between how much new content and how often the season changes before content well for 2 yrs dries up.

FYI Splatoon 3 players who participate in the "Games Beaten" thread. 

Because the very different ways to play, the following conditions will be accepted as "beaten" (but you'll only get 1 credit):

- Story Mode Completion

- Anarchy Battle S Rank

- Salmon Run Eggsecutive VP Rank

- Reach Level 30

I feel like achieving any of those means you've played "enough" to have considered completing the game.