Splatoon 3 release date - September 9th!

Put in some good work for Team Fun tonight, even won a 10x battle! Had a really good team of random players, we got to a 6-win streak before we finally lost to some gear-heads. I kind of hope Fun is in the lead at halftime so I can try a Tri-Battle from the perspective of the "defending" team, though I also heard it was super difficult for the defenders in the last Splatfest, so maybe not.

4 hours ago, TKrazyO said:

If there's anyone on Team Gear that would like to team up, I'll be playing from 8pm to 10pm Eastern. I'll also be on the OG Discord chat for voice. @alienboyva

An hour beforehand I will be playing the Dragon Ball: The Breakers beta on stream if anyone would like to watch some of that. @DLurkster

From looking at Splatnet 3, it seems we're the only ones on Team Gear (everyone else is on Team Fun). IDK, about @Ithrak Utopia, since I don't have him added.

I made it to the Ruler rank for this Splatfest!...

Since Ruler needs 999 XP to lvl up (same as the Champion rank) & that you also get a badge, I'd assume you'd just keep leveling up from here on (like an S+ rank). @DLurkster was mentioning something about this in the voice chat when I was doing some battles with @TKrazyO.  Good battles, Krayz! I'd say we did pretty damn good (minus the matches where I was trying to fix my weird mic issues. IDK why I was getting light OOP-OOP noises.) BTW, is it just me or does it seem you lvl up quicker in Splatfests now than in previous games? Maybe what I mentioned above has something to do with it? IDK...It's probably just me.

Edited by alienboyva

@alienboyva: Ah, I wasn't sure if I was mistakenly remember if Champion was the last rank or Ruler. For some reason in my head I was thinking Ruler had something to do with last teams especially who I was on with paper and rulers, get it?

But yeah after Champion is ruler and then there's Ruler+1, Ruler+2 and so on so. I got to Ruler+2 regardless where the rank ends, it is silly to attach a number and it keeps going and going to me. I liked it before with the previous splatfest it ended eventually with King or Queen. As I said on stream despite the QoL improvements of Splatoon 3, the few minor complaints this new end rank doesn't seem to be among them which is strange or is minority issue. It just doesn't make sense to have number associated with a word, feels unpolished and no finality to it too. Like yeah, it makes sense for rank letter like S, A, B, C, D, but not actually words than a number. What were they thinking?!? As mentioned no one seems to mind this and I am probably making this a bigger deal than it needs to but this is really strange and I don't like more for the finality of ranks in Splatfests.

Well I got my wish, played a few Tri-Color Battles as the defending team. I thought it was a lot of fun actually. Definitely hectic, but it's also a nice change of pace from Turf Battle after Turf Battle. Also won a couple of these Tri-Color battles, though we lost one even though we defended the ultra signals the whole time.

My matches were a lot rockier after that strong start Friday night. Also learned there are some maps I just can't seem to win on—probably should've switched up my weapon choice more often. Still, happy to end here at Fun Ruler +3 after fighting the good fight for Team Fun. I've seen some people with titles as high as Ruler +16 lwut; Even if they somehow won every single match, they must've been playing non-stop all weekend.

10 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

I've seen some people with titles as high as Ruler +16 lwut; Even if they somehow won every single match, they must've been playing non-stop all weekend.

See what I mean that is just ridiculous to see +16, huh?!?

But seriously, you'd have play all weekend for that and win all matches. Even if I attempt that, (I've played majority hrs on weekends when I can) I think the most I can get up to  with my skill level is maybe Ruler+5 max no matter how much I lose or win, playing majority of the weekend.

In the demo splatfest I got as far as Paper Ruler+2 and that was within 24hss so my estimate of Ruler+5 in 48hrs, I think is not misguided. Tho, now that I think about this + number makes a good metric of how far on improves on that rank each time there's no Splatfest so I guess there's that benefit of the + number.

Edited by DLurkster

Hmmm.... It still feels like there's something off/unbalanced seeing yet another team get 00p.

So let me get this straight, the points for winning are...

Sneak Peak (conch shells): 10p

Votes: 10p

Open: 15p

Pro: 10p

Why does winning the over clout in "Open" Splatfest give more points than winning in "Pro" Splatfest (I still to don't really get the difference between these modes)? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Also, I kind of feel like Pro should be replaced with Tricolor.

34 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

It REALLY bothered me that the teams were "Gear", "Grub", and "Games"

The alliteration was RIGHT there!!!

Never thought of it like that but I kept calling Grub food so maybe that is why.

Also when it comes to Big Man choices he doesn't care what it will be called. He's all about the meme status.

15 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Hmmm.... It still feels like there's something off/unbalanced seeing yet another team get 00p.

So let me get this straight, the points for winning are...

Sneak Peak (conch shells): 10p

Votes: 10p

Open: 15p

Pro: 10p

Why does winning the over clout in "Open" Splatfest give more points than winning in "Pro" Splatfest (I still to don't really get the difference between these modes)? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Also, I kind of feel like Pro should be replaced with Tricolor.

I see your point about the pro should be more of a priority over clout but the way I look at and maybe Nintendo does too, not a lot of ppl play pro. Pro was started in Splatoon 2 and maybe from there they realized not a lot of ppl play pro as they once did in Splatoon 2. That is my thinking why clout is worth more than pro.

Regardless of any changes they will make with the points, clout earning more or prop, I am game.

2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Never thought of it like that but I kept calling Grub food so maybe that is why.

Also when it comes to Big Man choices he doesn't care what it will be called. He's all about the meme status.

I see your point about the pro should be more of a priority over clout but the way I look at and maybe Nintendo does too, not a lot of ppl play pro. Pro was started in Splatoon 2 and maybe from there they realized not a lot of ppl play pro as they once did in Splatoon 2. That is my thinking why clout is worth more than pro.

Regardless of any changes they will make with the points, clout earning more or prop, I am game.

If not that many people are playing Pro, giving more points to Open doesn't really give people an incentive to play Pro. Most people are just going to grind Open to try to gain their team more points. That's one of the reasons Tricolor should be there instead of Pro. You can't just play Tricolor matches over and over. You get them at random. Why have Tricolor matches if their not going to count them in the overall results? Maybe they'll add them to the results after they figure out the issues with them. It seems lowering how frequently you get them was just a temp. fix, until they figure things out.

Edited by alienboyva
2 hours ago, alienboyva said:

If not that many people are playing Pro, giving more points to Open doesn't really give people an incentive to play Pro. Most people are just going to grind Open to try to gain their team more points. That's one of the reasons Tricolor should be there instead of Pro. You can't just play Tricolor matches over and over. You get them at random. Why have Tricolor matches if their not going to count them in the overall results? Maybe they'll add them to the results after they figure out the issues with them. It seems lowering how frequently you get them was just a temp. fix, until they figure things out.

I see what your getting at, I'll add more why I think pro is not priority.

Similar to anarchy battle ranks like past ranked modes in Splatoon, they go by letter grade. With each iteration of Splatoon they have better implement ranks not so much I feel with the pro in Splatfest. I haven't played the pro in the demo Splatfest of Splatoon 3 but I believe they go by power level. To me when first brought about in Splatoon 2, it seemed archaic in how at very moment of lost your power level dropped so dramatically and raising it didn't take a win to bring up but multiple wins. At least that's how it felt to me so I'm sure if anyone else felt that and after awhile ppl just stop doing pro in Splatfests.

As I said, not sure if the above is how it still is, if so Nintendo left the power level scaling alone and for Splatfest in Splatoon just rewarded more points for modes ppl actually play. So I don't think despite getting ppl to play Splatoon 3 and pro in Splatfest it is a priority for ppl to play pro. Tho it now seems to be bringing another issue of balance of points so maybe like the few things for change, how important points deployed will be a part of the changes to come in tandem in how import tricolor turf wars will be.

OMG! HOW?!!!!...

That was way too close!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1: Just a heads up...

Mark your calendars! educate;

*12pm ET 10/1 (Sat.) - 4am ET 10/3 (Mon.)

2: If you didn't receive your Super Sea Snails for participating in this past weekend's Splatfest....

🔗https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1574339528361316352?s=20&t=Hkin8NQnHrzNeatQ5nHB8Q

*NA Splatoon account has yet to comment on this (as of this post).

**Splatfest called Fes (short for Festival) in JPN.

***Super Sea Snails called Super Sazae (Super Turban Shell) in JPN.

En2AQA3.png

3. For anyone using SplatNet 3...

Android:

iOS:

Edited by alienboyva