Splatoon 3 release date - September 9th!

I've been listening to the Deep Cut songs that were featured in this past Saturday's pre-launch Splatfest (during battles) and they're damn good! ...Especially, the first one (I wish I knew the names of these). One of the best parts of Splatoon has always been the music and I can't wait to hear more when Splatoon 3 launches. Hopefully they have a place where you can just listen to all music, like with the rhythm minigame in Splatoon 2.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95212285d75246f043a1ea534a5567412790a2e17bb&rid=giphy.gif&ct=s

Also, I'm just gonna leave this here....

Spoiler

...'Cuz Ebb and Flow! ❤

*If this doesn't return in Splatoon 3... 😭💔*

----------------------------------------------------------------

A tiny bit of new info on the card game in Splatoon 3...

This looks like it will be pretty fun, though I feel like would play it a bit more if I could also play it on my phone via SplatNet 3 (even if only against the CPU). This just seems like the type of game you'd want quickly pick up and play, instead of having to boot up Splatoon 3, wait to get in to Splatsville, then go to the card battle table in the back alley. 

Edited by alienboyva

Launch 🎁 from 🦑👨‍🔬👩‍🔬🐙...

Spoiler

------------------------------------------------------

I finally got to play some matches tonight, so here are some quick comments/thoughts on the game...

- When transferring your Splatoon 2 save data, I thought it would transfer your lvl as well. I guess it's just your rank in the ranked modes?

- Speaking of transferring things, I'm kinda of bummed you can't transfer gear you saved to an amiibo in Splatoon 2 to Splatoon 3.

- As I mentioned in this thread after the pre-launch Splatfest, I love all the QoL features. They really listened to all the complaints/feedback from the Splatoon 2 community.

- I keep seeing that when matchmaking you can press - to cancel (below the matchmaking timer). I press it, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I'm I missing something here?

- I really wish while matchmaking you could exit out of it and change your load-out. This would make things a whole lot easier, especially if you accidently choose wrong option after a battle.

- I really like how you can see all your stats from previous battles in-game, without the need to go to SplaNet 3 via the NSO mobile app.

- Looking at the catalogue via SplatNet 3, it seems catalogues are Splatoon 3's "Battle Pass".

- I love the new remix of the main Splatoon theme "Splatattack". It hits HRAD! 🤘

Spoiler

- The lockers are pretty cool, but I don't have much to put in mine yet. BTW, how do I display a pic I took in photo mode? Do I need to buy a picture frame from the shop?

- I notice you get medals after each match. Do these do anything or are they just accolades? I thought it was how you earn badges, but I guess not...?

- The card game is pretty fun, but I don't really get inking over your enemy's turf or  how you earn energy to use special attacks (Knowing the his would help with figuring out the meta of the game). Also, is the catalogue the only to get more card packs? BWT, as I mentioned in a previous post, I really wish you could play the card game using SplatNet 3 via the NSO app. I feel I'd play it way more this way and that it's something you'd want to quickly pick up and play, instead of having to boot up Splatoon 3, wait to get in to Splatsville, then go to the card battle table in the back alley. NINTENDO PLZ!!!!

- Speaking of SplatNet 3, I noticed when looking at the list of your recent battles it shows you get 1000p extra for winning. If you tap on a battle it will show the regular points you earned, like it does in-game after a battle. I though Splatoon 3 got rid of the extra 1000p for winning a battle...?

- I noticed there's a gashapon machine by the locker room. Not sure what exactly you get from it as I didn't try it, since it was a bit pricy.

- I've yet to play Story Mode or Salmon Run in Splatoon 3.

- The only cool moment I had tonight....

*BTW, I manage to escape getting splatted by the bomb at the end.

Edited by alienboyva

If Splatoon handled its offline experience with the same attention as its online experience, I think Splatoon 3, which I guess would be considered the series' definitive experience, would be among my favorite games. I've always wanted all the multiplayer modes and maps offline with bots since getting into the series with Splatoon 2. 

I spent a few hours playing last night, and mostly enjoyed my time. The game needed an update before I could get into Turf War, so I put more time into the single player than I was expecting. I can see myself beating the single player this time around. Putting in over 90 minutes into an experience that still in parts feels like the mode's tutorial phase is a promising start. 

The Splattershot Jr. is my favorite weapon set right now in spite of having a bad experience with the Big Bubbler. I thought it was a sensor bomb at first until I read the description, so I then used it as a shield in my next Turf War. I dropped the Big Bubbler in an engagement, and then that player used the Killer Wail on me. I'm thinking I'm protected enough to splat the other player before my shield gives, but nope...I pretty much get splatted immediately. I'm reading more information on the Big Bubbler as I make this post. Apparently it shrinks as it takes damage. Not the best indication of a break down since the shield's size is going to look different as the player moves or swims, and I definitely didn't notice any shrinking when in that battle. I was expecting something like the Shield Generator in Metroid Prime: Federation Force or Winston's Barrier Projector in Overwatch in that there would a visual sign on the Big Bubbler itself indicating it's being weakened or going down. 

I did try out the Tri-Stringer in single player and then in multiplayer, and my experience was night and day. I had fun with the weapon in single player, one of the highlights so far, but then felt like shit using the weapon during a Turf War. Went right back to the basics of the Splattershot Jr. afterwards. 

Overall, last night was a mix of fun and rage. I'm trying to not spike my controllers anymore, but I sure was thinking about it at times playing Turf War. 

@Ithrak Utopia: I didn't see you comment here when the demo splatfest happened. So from it sounds like this was your run thru Splatoon 3 with how you talk about the big bubbler. Unless I misremembered, I didn't know the shield shrunk when it. I knew that the opposing team can go thru it and it can take damage from on top and at the center contraption making the shield.

I tried the Tri-Stringer in the Splatfest and at least for turf wars it isn't for me. As I focus more on inking as much turf, if another player is in the way they get splatted. So like to use rapid fire guns with decent range, if I can in turf wars. So I may concur that the Tri-Stringer for me might do well in single player and Anarchy mode. That is what single player helps newbies and veterans with how weapons may work for you or not or what mode. I hope that what I'll get out of single player.

24 minutes ago, Ithrak Utopia said:

@DLurkster I wasn't sure if I was getting Splatoon 3 until I saw @TKrazyO's stream of the Splatfest/demo. Splatoon 2 wasn't a game I put much time into for what kind of game it is...under 20 hours, but I liked what I saw of the new weapons in 3 and from there also heard good things regarding the single player's direction. 

Ah, I see that makes along with the few hrs in Splatoon 2. That's understandable where one might stand on new iteration, whether you play a demo of it, seen live gameplay.

It's good to know what you might like with new iteration of a game series and they come to fruition.

@alienboyva @Eliwood8 and @TKrazyO

Great games tonight! Glad we got some Salmon Run in after Clam Blitz. If the pro controller was $20 instead of $70, I wouldn't have one after that. :P At least we did have a few rounds that weren't knockouts. That was my first time playing Salmon Run as well, and that's a lot of fun. Will definitely do rounds of that mixed with Turf War whenever I'm online. 

3 hours ago, Ithrak Utopia said:

@alienboyva @Eliwood8 and @TKrazyO

Great games tonight! Glad we got some Salmon Run in after Clam Blitz. If the pro controller was $20 instead of $70, I wouldn't have one after that. :P At least we did have a few rounds that weren't knockouts. That was my first time playing Salmon Run as well, and that's a lot of fun. Will definitely do rounds of that mixed with Turf War whenever I'm online. 

Yeah good games everybody! We'll get the hang of Clam Blitz someday, it's definitely the most complex game mode in Splatoon. Glad you liked Salmon Run, I ended up putting a lot of time into it in Splatoon 2 so it's good to be collecting power eggs again.