Splatoon 3 release date - September 9th!

WkAXyWd.png

Credits to the banner goes to alienboyva

Nintendo is on a roll for the last 2 weeks, with short trailer reveals.

Splatoon 3 releases September 9th. Here's a look at the some Turf War gamepaly!

Also, below is news on some Splatoon DLC is on NSO EP.

Possible good news, Splatoon 3 supports cloud saves.

This makes me wonder if Pokemon Scarlet and Violet will support cloud saves. These games never had it before because cheating and Nintendo is still new to the internet. See how voice chat works in Splatoon 2 for reference.

Edited by DLurkster
21 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

Saw this earlier this morning 

Nice to see we finally have a release date for it

Thought it would’ve been good for a Summer release, but Fall is fine too I suppose 

Going to have to try and remember to preorder it at some point when that becomes available…..

Technically it is still summer as fall doesn't start till the 23rd of September. Nintendo is usually spot on with seasonal releases. Winter is screwy because that could be this year or next following year but yeah, Nintendo nails seasonal dates and Splatoon 3 is still summer.

So this gives you and idea of when the spring 2023 of BotW 2 will come out anytime between March 20nd June 21 of 2023.

6 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Technically it is still summer as fall doesn't start till the 23rd of September. Nintendo is usually spot on with seasonal releases. Winter is screwy because that could be this year or next following year but yeah, Nintendo nails seasonal dates and Splatoon 3 is still summer.

So this gives you and idea of when the spring 2023 of BotW 2 will come out anytime between March 20nd June 21 of 2023.

I think most companies go:

DEC, JAN, FEB - Winter release
MAR, APR, MAY - Spring release
JUNE, JULY, AUG - Summer release

SEPT, OCT, NOV - Fall release

My guess is BotW2 being released the same week BotW was

Edited by EH_STEVE
40 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

I think most companies go:

DEC, JAN, FEB - Winter release
MAR, APR, MAY - Spring release
JUNE, JULY, AUG - Summer release

SEPT, OCT, NOV - Fall release

My guess is BotW2 being released the same week BotW was

Sorry, sorry. I cannot turn off my weather brain when someone mention a month and season when my other hobby other than video games is the weather in every aspect.

You're right most companies go by what you listed but to take your BotW 2 guess with a title that actually released in Spring this year as Nintendo advertised was Kirby and the Forgotten land on March 25th and now again with the summer release window for Splatoon 3 for September 2023. I would say on top of Nintendo mostly releasing titles in the season, this year they are actually releasing in the season by day.

So, I too like most would like to for BotW 2 to come out symbolically for March 3, 2023. It's really Nintendo's call if they will actually release in the season of spring to my mind or week after BotW 2 anniversary date or whatever. (still winter)

Ppl have to keep a open mind like Splatoon 3 summer could be later and the same could apply for BotW 2 is all I am saying for a spring season.

16 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Odd that Splatoon 3 XBC3 basically traded release months. I’ve always felt that Splatoon was more of a Summer game. 

Yeah, this is how I felt regarding the two releases. I get the feeling Nintendo wanted more time with Splatoon 3 and so brought Xenoblade Chronicles 3 forward. They basically did an internal delay by doing a release shuffle. For that to even be on the table, it's even more proof of how invaluable Monolith Soft has been this generation. 

18 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Odd that Splatoon 3 XBC3 basically traded release months. I’ve always felt that Splatoon was more of a Summer game. 

Still I don’t mind waiting until Sept. for Splatoon 3. 

It does have a summer vibe doesn't it, with the ink guns looking like water guns and all the bright outdoor locations.

But yeah I can wait until Spaltember, I'm just happy to have a solid release date. Though given that it's several months away I'm surprised they didn't wait until a Nintendo Direct to announce it.

With this game releasing later in the summer than usual, we're definitely gonna get a in-depth look at Splatoon 3 at Treehouse live in June.  It may also be possibility to get a Splaoon 3 direct in May or July. This depends what they have planned to show for Splatoon 3 in June for the livestream. At either of those direct a Splatfire test will be announced, now that I think about it it makes sense to have Splatfire test closer the release date and 2 months before in July for its September release sounds about right.

It's what Nintendo did to test Nintendo Switch Sports online that was within 2 months of its release.

Either way, looking forward to play fresh version of Splatoon in the coming months.

Every since the reveal of Splatoon 3, I have had a hard time distinguishing visual prowess of this game to Splatoon 2.

Here are some screenshots is there improvement, even moderately?

Splatoon 2

screenshot05?_a=AJADJWI0

screenshot02?_a=AJADJWI0

screenshot03?_a=AJADJWI0

Splatoon 3

screenshot01?_a=AJADJWI0

screenshot02?_a=AJADJWI0

screenshot04?_a=AJADJWI0

I think I see improvements but when in motion in video, it looks the same to me from Splatoon 2. These pics look better when it comes to ground shots and the bokeh effect for the background.

The inklings is hard to tell, probably better lighting but other wise same geometry and textures?

Splatoon was never really graphics showcase same can be said that it could be more. It found perfect way to present this world. It's one thing from Splatoon to Splatoon 2 that some pply say there were modest improvement gameplay wise when that game first launch. Visuals wise to Splatoon 2 to Splatoon 3 appears to be following that same notion like Splatoon to Splatoon 2 gameplay wise.

Just a observation and of course the game will be fun and what I am bring up is probably nothing and there is some visual improvements, it's just very very modest if played all the titles in the series.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/04/splatoon-3-will-supposedly-be-one-version-could-regional-issues-be-a-thing-of-the-past

I mentioned this in the OP, that Splatoon 3 will have cloud saves, unlike Splatoon 2. This kinda conveniently relates that Splatoon 2 when it comes to match making and Splatfests worldwide were regional based.

I wonder with the release of Spaltoon 3 being just one version for all regions is how this game now have cloud save or neither have nothing to do with each? I suspect the former with these changes to me, if that was the real reason cloud saves weren't a thing in Splatoon 3 not because of cheating per se but regional things to figure out. With the game the same all over the world it probably easier to make cloud saves work, maybe?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like we’re getting a Splatoon 3 direct on the 10th

That’s pretty cool - will have to tube into that

Curious on what new info will be dropped

Wonder if we’ll hear about when preorders will be available at some point?

Still doesn’t seem like preorders are available, going by Best Buys page 

Not sure when/if they’ll become available or if I’m just going to have to get lucky in getting one….. hopefully there’s plenty of units to not have worry about it going out of stock quickly or unavailable in general 

Hopefully they reveal some new features/modes that make this feel like a TURE sequel and not just more of the same.  Splatoon 2 was great, but It was basically just Splatoon on Switch, if you know what I mean. If Splatoon 3 is going to be just more of the same, IDK if I'll stick with it that long.

Speaking of Splatoon 2, I wonder what's going to happen to its community once 3 comes out? I know most of the diehard fans are going to move to 3, but will there still be enough people still playing 2 to justify keeping the servers up?

I love Splatoon and haven't play it in forever, so I'm looking forward to getting back into it with Splatoon 3. :) 

Edited by alienboyva

Hmm, on my b-day no less and another early time.

I am gonna watch this the next day after, incase whatever expectations I have for Splatoon 3 like AB mentioned. There's a lot we want that we want change and fresh for this game series. This series has always been what's fresh, it's not that it is stale it just appears for some avid and more not so much avid fans there isn't much change.

So I want to avoid that for b-day. I like and play Splatoon when the mood strikes me so I think I have unrealistic expectations for Splatoon 3 so I rather not hear this on my b-day and especially that early in the morning as well too.