Xenoblade Chronicles 3 now releases July 29th; Special Edition Announced

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

So at what point in the story are you "supposed" to get Ino?

So according to the expansion pass in the game, you must be part way thru ch.3 to get her. Makes sense as most sidequests in the game start in that chapter.

She is in the desert area of Fornis region, lv.19 to do the quest. Also, all the challenges like XC 2 and XC DE, that is also located in the Fornis region, the campsite by that small pond.

Hmm, guess if I have to find out if Ino shows up in the final battle at random like any of the heroes you found on your journey.

3 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Oh, wow. theydonothing;

Adam Howden voices the Nopon Archsage.

Huh, was that always the case and if not why the change now?

I really love that in the challenge arena world, you can trade your red noponstones to get your characters that are awaiting to use the class levelled up. Currently all characters have access to all the classes I have obtain in the game so far. It would of taken a while on my own to get all the classes available. 

I have all the 6 original classes up lv.10, (tho I did all their side quest to raise their class level to 20) I none them are at lvl 20. I've been slowly levelling up any other classed that I fancy to go out and making them 10 if they aren't at lv.20 point access. Yeah, it can be daunting what to go after with the classes but they are fun to me. Just glad there is a faster way to make all party member classes available you have gotten so far.

Great feature.

Gonna jump into spoiler territory a bit here, so only check out if you've beaten this game and Future Connected

So, a while ago after Xenoblade Chronicles: DE came it was mentioned that Future Connected would hint at/link towards the future of Xenoblade.  With Xenoblade 3 there are definitely some elements that are similar to events seen in Future Connected but in making the connection there isn't anything that is super specific.  It seems like it was more introducing Melia as the Empress of the High Entia which then carries over as her being Queen in XC3, otherwise the only other link is her being in possession of the Monado Replica EX.  Was there anything else I overlooked or am missing?  Even everything with the fog beasts/king in Future Connected don't seem to have the connection I initially suspected regarding the black fog and how the Ouroboros candidates look to those hunting them.

36 minutes ago, Kezay said:

Gonna jump into spoiler territory a bit here, so only check out if you've beaten this game and Future Connected

So, a while ago after Xenoblade Chronicles: DE came it was mentioned that Future Connected would hint at/link towards the future of Xenoblade.  With Xenoblade 3 there are definitely some elements that are similar to events seen in Future Connected but in making the connection there isn't anything that is super specific.  It seems like it was more introducing Melia as the Empress of the High Entia which then carries over as her being Queen in XC3, otherwise the only other link is her being in possession of the Monado Replica EX.  Was there anything else I overlooked or am missing?  Even everything with the fog beasts/king in Future Connected don't seem to have the connection I initially suspected regarding the black fog and how the Ouroboros candidates look to those hunting them.

Yeah, everything about the fog was a strange one indeed. Either, they didn't recall to connect it or it didn't matter as the black fog in this game was tied not only the Ouroboros and Mobius, both of those being when they use too much energy release black fog matter (so to speak) before they create/make annihilation event. Which was discussed very little in this game as well. (Outside the annihilators at each nations castles)

23 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Yeah, everything about the fog was a strange one indeed. Either, they didn't recall to connect it or it didn't matter as the black fog in this game was tied not only the Ouroboros and Mobius, both of those being when they use too much energy release black fog matter (so to speak) before they create/make annihilation event. Which was discussed very little in this game as well. (Outside the annihilators at each nations castles)

The annihilation events I somewhat understand.  They're basically a byproduct of the "endless now" when "Z"intervened to prevent the worlds from merging.  Had the worlds merged they would have basically cancelled each other out which is the reason why Melia/Nia created the plan around Origin.  Annihilation events are a residual factor in anticipation of the worlds merging despite "Z" suspending everything.  That creates the other problem, if annihilation events continue to occur then over time even the world of the endless now would eventually be destroyed.  The black fog being a warning for those events is one thing, but to your point there's no explanation of where the black fog comes from, what it is or why it gathering in one spot cascades into an annihilation event.  In N's grief after M died and after losing to Noah and his team he starts to generate a ton of black fog from his heart to which "X" mentions something about there being damage to his core (I figured it was some sort of symbolism for heart break - but that doesn't explain why black fog generates when Consuls increase their power and go beyond their interlinking limit which also result in annihilation events).

19 minutes ago, Kezay said:

The annihilation events I somewhat understand.  They're basically a byproduct of the "endless now" when "Z"intervened to prevent the worlds from merging.  Had the worlds merged they would have basically cancelled each other out which is the reason why Melia/Nia created the plan around Origin.  Annihilation events are a residual factor in anticipation of the worlds merging despite "Z" suspending everything.  That creates the other problem, if annihilation events continue to occur then over time even the world of the endless now would eventually be destroyed.  The black fog being a warning for those events is one thing, but to your point there's no explanation of where the black fog comes from, what it is or why it gathering in one spot cascades into an annihilation event.  In N's grief after M died and after losing to Noah and his team he starts to generate a ton of black fog from his heart to which "X" mentions something about there being damage to his core (I figured it was some sort of symbolism for heart break - but that doesn't explain why black fog generates when Consuls increase their power and go beyond their interlinking limit which also result in annihilation events).

Ah, honestly when put it all out there like that with all the instances of black fog in this game. It is merely very minor sub-plot there went nowhere, macguffin. I am not gonna hang myself up on that detail of the overall story of this game was pretty on point as much as it could with the plot, the characters, heroes and tho the villains may not standout as much as previous Xenoblade Chronicle games, to me. They all served to tell a tale, that we must continue to move on no matter unsure and afraid we are of the future.

Also, what's with all these Xenoblade games and emphasis on the future so much? It's not all the same in how it gets going but in the end its they are all fighting for a future where all can have choice to move to their own fruition.

So let me see if I've got the ending straight:

Spoiler

Origin was like an external hard-drive to backup the save data of the two universes so they could be restored after their collision destroyed each other (basically a rehash of the Lifehold Core from X). However, Zed was a computer virus formed from humanity's collective fear and uncertainty of whether or not the backup plan would work, and so he created the "endless now" in order to freeze time at the exact moment the two universes collided.

The "homecoming ritual" for people who survive all the way to their tenth term not only removes them from the cycle of reincarnation, but it "saves their data" to Origin so that when Zed is defeated, they can be reborn with an amalgamation of all their memories from past lives.

The post-credits scene where Noah hears Mio's flute does not mean that there was a complete reset button ending; rather, it takes place after the ending where the two universes go their separate ways. That's why Joran was still there despite the fact that he should have been permanently killed off after dying as Moebius J; Origin simply re-loaded him from a save point from before he became Moebius.

The two universes may be separated, but through the combined efforts of both worlds' scientific minds like Shulk, Tora, Adenine, etc., they will eventually invent a way to freely travel between the two universes and visit each other.

24 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

So let me see if I've got the ending straight:

Reveal hidden contents

Origin was like an external hard-drive to backup the save data of the two universes so they could be restored after their collision destroyed each other (basically a rehash of the Lifehold Core from X). However, Zed was a computer virus formed from humanity's collective fear and uncertainty of whether or not the backup plan would work, and so he created the "endless now" in order to freeze time at the exact moment the two universes collided.

The "homecoming ritual" for people who survive all the way to their tenth term not only removes them from the cycle of reincarnation, but it "saves their data" to Origin so that when Zed is defeated, they can be reborn with an amalgamation of all their memories from past lives.

The post-credits scene where Noah hears Mio's flute does not mean that there was a complete reset button ending; rather, it takes place after the ending where the two universes go their separate ways. That's why Joran was still there despite the fact that he should have been permanently killed off after dying as Moebius J; Origin simply re-loaded him from a save point from before he became Moebius.

The two universes may be separated, but through the combined efforts of both worlds' scientific minds like Shulk, Tora, Adenine, etc., they will eventually invent a way to freely travel between the two universes and visit each other.

Yeah, that covers what ending of XC 3 was.

@Kezay: My fave music in XC3

I tried to show you this in the Ninfora Discord on MK8 thread. I especially like the 7 seconds leading up the 30 second mark always hypes me up, that part reminds of that part in XC 2 counterattack where there's a build up in the song, slowly release and back to the blow motif of the song.

The rest in spoilers.

Spoiler

Best mobius theme hands down with the flute representing Mio, all phases of the song included here.

Spoiler

Don't mind the title of the song, it was changed to protect user as 2 weeks ago the official composer uploaded the song. But this is the song I mentioned to you has a place in MK8. Literally the best song in this game hands down! Thank you Melia and Bionis Shoulder!

Spoiler

Same deal with the title change too. Like this theme from Nia is good and almost a tie with Bionis Shoulder but as great as this is the sax slays this one. I really like this like most for sentimental reasons and hearing a upbeat version this really soothe the soul of what Nia had gone through to get here, well earned an deserved glow-up.

Pretty much all my fave songs that are chef kisses. Like there's other and yeah it will take time but honestly the best tracks in the game for battles anyways and that's what matter the most, right?

@DLurkster

Very good song choices and to be honest, listening to the first one you spoiled again I nearly forgot how good that song is.

As for mine:

I personally love this theme because it falls in line with Gaur Plains from XC1 and Gormott from XC2 as that theme of starting a grand adventure as wide open field opens before you.  It gets me so pumped and so anxious to explore everything without getting too distracted to continue the story, lol

This first one was such a gut punch and an unexpectedly emotional moment this point in the game.

Spoiler

This one... I just love how they weave in the motif from the off-seer melodies into some of these tracks but this one has to be my favorite.

Spoiler

I don't want to say too much in fear of spoiling but simply put this track is such a perfect theme for this character.  I'll put more details into the spoiler:

Spoiler

I truly felt for "N" at this point in the game. Yeah, he was deluded, needed to be stopped but that man suffered so much before getting to the point where he ultimately chose the wrong path.  That this track reflects several themes tied to Noah's character and what he has done in previous iterations... this is such a testament his struggle, if not his existence in general.  The way he struggled reminds me of the path Jin walked after Lora was killed, except ramped up to 11.  I almost wanted to write this character off at first because of how blatantly obvious who he was when he was first introduced but it was almost as if his being revealed was meant to be obvious on the surface because there were so many layers to him to peel back in the remainder 40+ hours of the game.

@Kezay: Oh that plains song. It's funny now that I hear it back, I cannot stop hearing it now. Which funny and I think the problem with this game world size and the songs in the region to me are forgettable once in a battle or or another region. Yes, when curiosity gets the better of us in a new big video game world and there's a nice song to the region. This is the biggest world XC every created and when it comes to the music only to me, it only impacts very little with so much lands to discover for any world music to truly stand out. That is why music Mor Ardain or Gormott stand out because it's reasonable mass of land that I will hear everything on there compared to the regions in XC 3, it's hard for me to remember memorable region tunes in XC 3. But yeah, I remember the one you posted, that's a hard to forget one,

Now to counterfeel 2 songs in the spoilers. (Counterfeel should be the title of XC next battle theme that hit in the guts, like how XC 2 counterattack gets you amped up)

Okay, melancholy man.

13 hours ago, Kezay said:

This first one was such a gut punch and an unexpectedly emotional moment this point in the game.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

So this didn't hit you in the end? Yes, that song at the peak fiction was a gut blow for sure but this one had me going like this:Best Black Man Cries GIFs | Gfycat

13 hours ago, Kezay said:

I don't want to say too much in fear of spoiling but simply put this track is such a perfect theme for this character.  I'll put more details into the spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

I truly felt for "N" at this point in the game. Yeah, he was deluded, needed to be stopped but that man suffered so much before getting to the point where he ultimately chose the wrong path.  That this track reflects several themes tied to Noah's character and what he has done in previous iterations... this is such a testament his struggle, if not his existence in general.  The way he struggled reminds me of the path Jin walked after Lora was killed, except ramped up to 11.  I almost wanted to write this character off at first because of how blatantly obvious who he was when he was first introduced but it was almost as if his being revealed was meant to be obvious on the surface because there were so many layers to him to peel back in the remainder 40+ hours of the game.

Spoiler

That's a good pick an your right, it's the path we've seen Noah taken to get this far, he could of went the way of N as well but as they said near the end of the game they are the patch of hope, while N and M were the path of despair in the realities they lived. So that song you pick definitely matches this.

I believe the song I picked is the 1st phase when you fight N and this one just stands out because the despair is just so strong, like damn it makes emo want cry. Also, if you played all the side stories this song shows for a boss in one them and it fits here so. I just hear this more often for this one to stick out than the phase.

I'm starting to notice I am picking songs that not only often more heard and are battle themes but have more oomph then melancholy songs....interesting,,,,

I didn't have trouble pronouncing that word as a kid, I think I heard it a lot and picked up how to say conscience.

The word for me I struggled to pronounced between the age of 6-9 was "magnificent" opposite to "conscience, I didn't hear a lot to pronounce, just knew it was a word to describe something awesome, lol.