Xenoblade Chronicles 3 now releases July 29th; Special Edition Announced

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 got the reverse delay; it will now release July 29th instead of its original release month of September! Also announced was a Special Edition that is a My Nintendo Store exclusive.

Edited by Isotope
  • Isotope changed the title to Xenoblade Chronicles 3 now releases July 29th; Special Edition Announced

Hmm, a moved up exact release date...interesting....

Will get to the date in a minute but that SE.... I never got the SE for XC 2 is the one similar to XC 3 content wise? Doesn't looks like much. Now that I think about...I got the SE for Xenoblade Chronice DE on Switch, is it more similar to that? As for only on My Nintendo only, I guess that curvestomp it selling out quick to a degree. I would of been weirder if was NSO members only, this game has nothing to do with online so it would be weird to lock it behind there, like the NSO controllers, I get that. It's just some things with My Nintendo is involved with NSO to a degree. Regardless of why its My Nintendo to me does not change the fact this game is coming out earlier than previously announced. No matter when this game releases this SE will sellout. To me Nintendo doesn't care to stock up on more on initial launch, as I said putting it only on My Nintendo sort of helps to a degree. To me since the FE 30th anniversary special, they have been good restocking those game 6 months after the game initial release (they followed up with Metroid Dread) My Nintendo Store has horrible track record of restocking but at least again it's only one spot so if you want it, get as soon as its available to. I still don't know if I want this, I'll see in the coming weeks if I want this edition.

Now, this move up in date. I cannot recall any month where Nintendo have release 3 1st party games in on month, 2 at most like this June with Mario Strikers: Battle league and Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes. We still don't have a release date for Splatoon 3 and they say summer, some ppl guess it could come out this August but looking at previous Splatoon release dates; the first game came out May 2015 and the sequel July 2017. I am leaning that it could come out the same month as XC 3 as a possiblity, June is too crowed and tho a lot ppl call May Summer it is not and don't see it releasing there. So August is looking possible too. Pretty much from this July and forward we don't know much of Nintendo's line-up this year. I feel there's a big opening for titles this August to October for the like of Mario + Rabbits: Sparks of Hope and Bayonetta 3. I'm starting to see the line-up take shape sort of.

I expect to see in-depth look of XC 3 at Nintendo Digital Event this June in a treehouse livestream going over the beginning of the game and random parts in the story, along with the more in-depth part of the battle mechanics of this game. To not show anything more and by that point the game is less than month away seem criminal not to. But I won't put heavy hope on it but it would be nice.

I just need to know when preorders open, I am ready to put. that. money. DOWN!

That said, very surprised to see the release date moved up, gonna have to clear some time for this one!  The trailer is fantastic though with a lot more revelations being made than I was expecting.

Hm

Well that’s interesting and unexpected  that it’s releasing sooner than in September - wonder if they’ll have some other big release planned in September?

Not that I’ll be buying it right away but will at some point 

Still haven’t bought/played the first two… I’ve heard they’re pretty lengthy though 

Now if only we could get X on Switch at some point…

3 hours ago, Kezay said:

I just need to know when preorders open, I am ready to put. that. money. DOWN!

That said, very surprised to see the release date moved up, gonna have to clear some time for this one!  The trailer is fantastic though with a lot more revelations being made than I was expecting.

As much as I want to know the additional story details of this trailer, I have watched enough analysis vids of the first trailer to get and idea what happening this time around. (also helps I played all the XC games, 1 and 2 as they seem important to really know what's going on)

What I really want to know is going on with the battle system of this game, unless I am clueless it just went by so fast I have no idea what's happening and it excites me, lol. Just observation of this world,; with the world of 1 and 2 being one, it seems fitting to me to add fusions into the battle. Not obvious they went there but what is seen but deeper than that I want to know how arts going play, we see familiar names debuffs. Is auto attacks still a thing? It appears to be so. Chain attacks are back but of course there's something different to it, like all XC games.

Also, the most important question; if there's Brave Assault, where's the Default Assault? (Bravely Default reference of course, I don't care if it is different developer and publisher, it's time to cross the RPG stream and I am ready for this!)

Also, the Ouroborous battle system is vaguely similar to how E.S. combat worked in Xenosaga Episode III, where two specified characters could pilot the same mech, allowing all six party members to participate in battle by piloting three mechs (poor Jin had to ride alone).

Not to mention that the two nations, Keves and Agnis, both translate to "lamb" in Hebrew and Latin, respectively. The word "lamb" should immediately raise some red flags for anyone who's played Xenogears.

Monolith is coming full-circle with this game. theydonothing;

I haven't played either the Xenosaga or Xenogears games but some the vids I watched yesterday as small analyses of yesterday trailer kept talking about Xenogears and the Ouroborous. But Ty mentions that the battle system with the Interlock fusion is from Xenosaga?

Hmm, I don't think i have to play those game to understand these points but in order to understand the world of XC 3 playing XC and XC 2 is required. To me and my limited knowledge of Xenogears and Xenosaga, all is required is reference to certain terms. That is the full circle Monolith Soft with all their Xeno games, the world of Xenoblades and small references to Xenogears and Xenosaga. Interesting to see how these elements come together in XC 3.

I'll entertain myself in finding more referential info on Xenosaga and Xenogears. I believe there's no way to play these titles on current platforms so accessing these titles is not something easy to come by.

My biggest concern is that since the game is being localized in Europe, who only ever got Xenosaga Episode II, there might be references to 'gears and 'saga Episodes I and III in the Japanese script that will fly over the localizers' heads.

We've already had the Zohar in Xenoblade 2 changed to the Conduit.

3 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

My biggest concern is that since the game is being localized in Europe, who only ever got Xenosaga Episode II, there might be references to 'gears and 'saga Episodes I and III in the Japanese script that will fly over the localizers' heads.

We've already had the Zohar in Xenoblade 2 changed to the Conduit.

Honestly asking here as I never saw anything out of the japanese script, but do they refer to it as the Zohar?  I always assumed that there were loose connections to Gears/Saga and this being one of them.

22 minutes ago, Kezay said:

Honestly asking here as I never saw anything out of the japanese script, but do they refer to it as the Zohar?  I always assumed that there were loose connections to Gears/Saga and this being one of them.

Not in script, but there's two things suggestingit is the Zohar. The assets for the Conduit are named Zohar internally and, also, the conduit was found in Africa in the 21st century is a very specific nod to Xenosaga 1's opening.

Edited by Stephen 776
3 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Um. that's hot?

It is, and that's the problem.

Sharla is notorious among fans of the first game for being a tier-induced scrappy due to her talent art being actively detrimental. As she uses her Arts, her rifle gradually gets hotter until it overheats, forcing her to stand still for several seconds until it cools down. Coupled with being a dedicated healer when most other party members can eventually get passive healing abilities that render her redundant, Sharla is considered the worst character in the game.

Thus, the fact that Ouroborous also has an overheating mechanic has led to jokes comparing it to Sharla.

Gotcha, hot in lot of ways outside my initial thinking.

I don't even use Sharla that much for me to think oh, she really sucks as a character in battle. My go to healers are Melia and Ricky.

Well, we're discovering more and that anything Monolith Soft made in the past is making its way to XC 3 so is it any surprise that overheat mechanic is coming back? Terrible rhetorical question but let's hope they have tweaked it for the better.

• Chrom featured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...