The My Nintendo Thread - Club Nintendo's Successor

Isotope

5 hours ago, The Ultimate Mario Fan said:

Is Twilight Princess Picross worth the points?  I love Picross but Zelda is kinda meh for me.  How is it as a picross game?  Is there enough content to make it worth the buy?

Yeah I'd say it's worth it, especially since Platinum coins are sort of "free" anyway. It's probably the best use of Platinum coins on My Nintendo. There are 45 regular puzzles and 45 Mega puzzles, plus one Micross puzzle—definitely shorter than the Picross-e games but still a decent amount of content.

2 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

Yeah I'd say it's worth it, especially since Platinum coins are sort of "free" anyway. It's probably the best use of Platinum coins on My Nintendo. There are 45 regular puzzles and 45 Mega puzzles, plus one Micross puzzle—definitely shorter than the Picross-e games but still a decent amount of content.

Thanks!  I didn't know those many puzzles were included.  I'd say that makes it worth it then.  I hope we get more prizes later.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

What's going on region wise there?

I'm not sure if you see in the US points conversion you get 400 gold points for a full retail game right?

Well as you know our dollar up in Canada is shit so 400 gold coins for $79.99 full retail game, that equates to just $4.00 off the game. I know there's no comparison because of exchange rates but $4.00 of $60.00 is better than $4.00 off of $79.99 am I right?

It would seem Nintendo apply this 400 coin crap not matter what region you live in and depending on your dollar, you'll be shit out of luck. It may be too much trouble but it really heurt Nintendo to cater these points by region instead making them all the same?

6 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I'm not sure if you see in the US points conversion you get 400 gold points for a full retail game right?

Well as you know our dollar up in Canada is shit so 400 gold coins for $79.99 full retail game, that equates to just $4.00 off the game. I know there's no comparison because of exchange rates but $4.00 of $60.00 is better than $4.00 off of $79.99 am I right?

It would seem Nintendo apply this 400 coin crap not matter what region you live in and depending on your dollar, you'll be shit out of luck. It may be too much trouble but it really heurt Nintendo to cater these points by region instead making them all the same?

Ah I see. Got that mixed up. It's $3 state side, 300 coins. It's still shit.

What Nintendo said:

If you pay $59.99 for a game on Nintendo eShop, you’ll earn 300 Gold Points.
Those points can be redeemed for $3.00 toward your next eligible purchase.

Frankly I miss the old Club Nintendo. This new set up is a scam.

And what is up with this?

Gold Points for physical Nintendo Switch software can only be claimed within one year of the game's original release date for countries in the North American and Australian regions, and within two years for the European region.

How did the European region get two years to spend Gold points, while we're stuck with only one? How is that even remotely fair?

Edited by Doc Brown
Just now, Doc Brown said:

Ah I see. Got that mixed up. It's $3 state side, 300 coins. It's still shit.

Frankly I miss the old Club Nintendo. This new set up is a scam.

Hmm, interesting 300 coins to the south. I guess that makes sense because our dollar value up here. Regardless where you live they do cater and pretty much equates to anywhere.

But yeah, I don't see anyone taking real advantage not say that is the point because there's so much examples around the world for bought to points ratio for shopping. And this is the worse I seen in retail history. I'm probably exaggerating but I'm probably not far from the truth.

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

Hmm, interesting 300 coins to the south. I guess that makes sense because our dollar value up here. Regardless where you live they do cater and pretty much equates to anywhere.

But yeah, I don't see anyone taking real advantage not say that is the point because there's so much examples around the world for bought to points ratio for shopping. And this is the worse I seen in retail history. I'm probably exaggerating but I'm probably not far from the truth.

Good point. It's still a scam either way though. 

Agreed.  Especially when it comes to the more expensive stuff. It's hardly worth even going for.

I wouldn't mind how shitty this is if your gold points didn't expire in 1 year. If only they didn't expire so you could save up (BTW, can you add credit to your account with gold points via the My Nintendo site and save up that way or is it only via checkout on the eShop?). 

I don't see hardly any people getting full $60 games for free...Maybe some cheaper eShop games, but most likely people are only going to get a few $s off games and that's it. 

Digitally: $1,200 = 1 $60 game

Physically: $6,000 = 1 $60 game

Keep in mind that you have to spend this much in 1 year, since as I previously mentioned gold points expire in 1 year. Well, on the bright side, people who buy physical games aren't getting ripped-off anymore. You now get 1 gold point for every $ spent, like with Club Nintendo. 

Speakig of Club Nintendo, can we please have it back? >_< I'm sorry for ever complaining about it in its later years. 

Edited by alienboyva
Just now, alienboyva said:

I wouldn't mind how shitty this is if your gold points didn't expire in 1 year. If only they didn't expire so you could save up (BTW, can you add credit to your account with gold points via the My Nintendo site and save up that way or is it only via checkout on the eShop?). 

I don't see hardly any people getting full $60 games for free...Maybe some cheaper eShop games, but most likely people are only going to get a few $s off games and that's it. 

Keep in mind that you have to spend this much in 1 year, since as I previously mentioned gold points expected in 1 year. Well, on the bright side, people who by physical games aren't getting ripped-off anymore. You now get 1 gold point for every $ spent, like with Club Nintendo. 

Speakig of Club Nintendo, can we please have it back? >_< I'm sorry for ever complaining about it in its later years. 

Exactly. They just want people to spend, spend, spend.

Me neither. But maybe balancing the system out might help a bit.

Same. It wasn't perfect, but at least there were some decent rewards and not just discounts.

17 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Keep in mind that you have to this much in 1 year, since as I previously mentioned gold points expire in 1 year. Well, on the bright side, people who buy physical games aren't getting ripped-off anymore. You now get 1 gold point for every $ spent, like with Club Nintendo. 

image.png.18c45731f239e6c76a02b1c2b7ef46d4.png

To the bold part.

4 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I don't follow, I mean. Are saying "adding credit" mean like prepaid cards or credit card to buy gold points?

If so what is the point point of that?

I mean using gold points to add funds to your account. I was wondering if you could do it via the My Nintendo site so you could possibly save up for a free game or if it could only be done via checkout on the eShop. 

Edited by alienboyva
8 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

I mean using gold points to add funds to your account. I was wondering if you could do it via the My Nintendo site so you could possibly save up for a free game or if it could only be done via checkout on the eShop. 

Oh I follow. I was thinking about yesterday but lets say I buy 10 physical games that comes out to be $40 in gold points where as in the real fucking world I'd spend $900 after all taxes up where I live in Canada. That is not worth it to spend that much to get that little and the expiry thing is a shame but in the short run it is pointless but either they up the points value or extend expiry points. Maybe all of this is trial and error and they find the balance they need with value and expiry.

Edited by DLurkster

Few things:

1: The OP has been updated with the news that Gold Points can be used on the eShop (I use "used' here sparingly).

2: If you find the Four Hidden Friend Hearts on the Kirby Star Allies page, you will receive 100 Platinum Points.

3: The second post has been updated with the most recent Rewards. More importantly (to me at least), I've fully updated it to include an image of what the Reward is; a visual aid is more helpful than just lines of text of the Reward itself. Each image has a link embedded in them as well, taking you to that Reward's corresponding page, where you can then redeem your Points for.

As always, if anything can be improved upon, or something needs to be changed, do not hesitate to let me know.