The My Nintendo Thread - Club Nintendo's Successor

Isotope

Reminder: Rewards are expiring this Saturday, October 1st. They are the following:

Metroid II: Return of Samus (3DS Virtual Console) - 30 Gold Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until October 1st at 2 A.M.)

Wario Land 3 (3DS Virtual Console) - 40 Gold Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until October 1st at 2 A.M.)

Donkey Kong 3 (3DS Virtual Console) - 40 Gold Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until October 1st at 2 A.M.)

Super Mario Bros 3 (Wii U Virtual Console) - 40 Gold Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until October 1st at 2 A.M.)

Super Mario Kart (Wii U Virtual Console) - 60 Gold Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until October 1st at 2 A.M.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1 (Wii U) - 60 Gold Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until October 1st at 2 A.M.)

Edited by Isotope
On 9/22/2016 at 2:15 PM, SuperNintendoPower said:

Except it blatantly isn't. You've clearly never used either.

Sure it is! Club Nintendo might've required you to buy stuff, but at least it actually had prizes worth talking about occasionally.

My Nintendo is pretty much free, but there are no worthwhile prizes so it doesn't matter. The only thing close is Picross, and since that's no longer expiring in most of the world it's unlikely we'll get anything else like it soon. I guess if you really want 15% off Yoshi's New Island then be my guest.

Edited by Iridium

"New" rewards are up:

My Nintendo Theme 1: Mario (3DS Theme) - 200 Platinum/Miitomo Points (Redeemable 1 time; doesn't expire)

My Nintendo Theme 2: Donkey Kong (3DS Theme) - 200 Platinum/Miitomo Points (Redeemable 1 time; doesn't expire)

30% Discount on Ultimate NES Remix (3DS) - 900 Platinum/Miitomo Points (Redeemable 1 time; expires February 1st at 2 A.M.)

:lol:

Edited by Isotope

I'll just tell you now, if you're not aware but those are the worst possible theme you can get and it is know wonder they're free. You probably didn't have to do much to earn those platinum coin so it is free nonetheless.

All those themes have the same music playing and other than the 3D model swap and color, those themes are the same inside and out in looks (not so great compared to one that are worth to some to pay for) and sound. (just horrible music, really Nintendo)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming the answer to this is no; but has Nintendo given any sort of schedule to when new rewards are put up on My Nintendo and any hints as to what they are? Six months isn't very long for the Platinum coins and at this rate they're gonna start disappearing soon. The only thing I've gotten so far is the Zelda Picross, which was fun; but now I'm sitting on over 1200 points, which is probably very low compared to people who do the Miitomo stuff. I'm may do the 15% off Yoshi's Story since first party stuff almost never goes on sale on the eshop; but after that, I'm kinda boned.

32 minutes ago, JanusDS said:

I'm assuming the answer to this is no; but has Nintendo given any sort of schedule to when new rewards are put up on My Nintendo and any hints as to what they are? Six months isn't very long for the Platinum coins and at this rate they're gonna start disappearing soon. The only thing I've gotten so far is the Zelda Picross, which was fun; but now I'm sitting on over 1200 points, which is probably very low compared to people who do the Miitomo stuff. I'm may do the 15% off Yoshi's Story since first party stuff almost never goes on sale on the eshop; but after that, I'm kinda boned.

Word. That's me too. I'm pretty much wasting these coins since there's nothing good to spend them on.

I just wish that there were better themes to choose from, maybe some other games to get Platinum wise, both full or for a percentage off. The only ones I generally like usually end up being for Gold coins which I usually don't have.

Edited by Lance's Dragonite
2 hours ago, Lance's Dragonite said:

Word. That's me too. I'm pretty much wasting these coins since there's nothing good to spend them on.

I just wish that there were better themes to choose from, maybe some other games to get Platinum wise, both full or for a percentage off. The only ones I generally like usually end up being for Gold coins which I usually don't have.

I've gotten a few gold coins primarily from the fact that since I didn't own a Wii U until this year, I've bought a few VC games that I wanted that weren't on the Wii VC; but the only thing I see that I might would spend them on is that MK8 dlc set 1. Unfortunately I don't have enough gold coins too get that yet; but maybe since they last longer, I'll end up getting enough to get them. The sad thing though is that I haven't even played MK8 yet and am not in a huge rush to since I couldn't play online with anybody anyway. :(