The My Nintendo Thread - Club Nintendo's Successor

Isotope

Ekzf3cx.png

Welcome to The My Nintendo Thread! As the title suggests, this thread will be used for the discussion of everything My Nintendo related and anythign inbetween that will be of importance! From points you can earn, to the rewards you can redeem said points for, this thread will hopefully be able to solve any and all questions you may have!

First things first though, you're probably asking yourself this question:

What is My Nintendo?

My Nintendo is the successor to the long running rewards program Club Nintendo. Like its predecessor, My Nintendo is a program that allows users to accumulate coins to acquire special rewards, such as discounts to be used on the eShop, as well as exclusive games!

Nintendo Account

Now before you go about taking advantage of My Nintendo, you will need a Nintendo Account, which you can create by clicking 'Nintendo Account' above. Creating a Nintendo Account is paramount and necessary before you can use these services for your benefit. Thankfully, creating a Nintendo Account is very easy and takes mere minutes to finalize! Once a Nintendo Account is created, you can link three different forms of Social Media accounts to your account: Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. The fourth and final account you are able to link is your Nintendo Network ID (NNID). Once you have created your Nintendo Account, then the fun begins.

Join My Nintendo here!

With your Nintendo Account created, you are now officially ready to get started with My Nintendo!

Earning Points

Using My Nintendo, you are able to earn "points", which can then be used to obtain discounts, exclusive games, and many more! Earning points is very simple!

XSzgShe.png

My Nintendo points can be obtained by completing Missions. Missions range anywhere from linking Social Media accounts to your Nintendo Account, purchasing games off of the eShop when your NNID is linked to your Nintendo Account, using smartphone apps, and more! By completing these missions, you are able to earn two main different types of points:

etro30I.pngNh87OD9.png

• Platinum points are earned by completing various "Missions" on Nintendo's websites, as well as Smartphone Applications (Miitomo, Super Mario Run). Objectives such as linking you Social Media accounts and logging into Nintendo websites weekly (Miiverse, eShop), as well as completing in-game Missions for Smartphone Applications, will earn your Platinum points. These points can be redeemed for exclusive digital software from My Nintendo, such as special 3DS Themes only available on My Nintendo, exclusive games, as well as a myriad of discounts, and more!

• Gold points are earned by purchasing digital software off of the eShop as well as from the official Nintendo Website. Gold points can also be earned by purchasing retail copies of Nintendo Switch titles. These coins are earned only by game purchases, and are not earned by purchasing Themes, DLC, or physical retail games. Gold points earned can be used for discounts towards purchases on the eShop.

There is also the chance that you will have a code that can be redeemed for points. If that is the case, go to My Nintendo, and click 'Menu' on the top-left of the screen. While in the dropdown menu, you will see a 'Redeem a point code' option; click/press that. Once there, enter your 16-digit code, and you'll then be on your way! If that doesn't work for you: on the Main Page, there should be a "Redeem a Point Code" button that is able to be pressed/clicked on, which will take you to the Point Code redemption screen.

Note: the My Nintendo "Week" begins on Mondays, so you are able to earn the Platinum point log-in bonuses each week starting on Monday. There are four weekly log-in bonuses, which net your 30 Platinum points each; they are as follows:

- Sign in to Miiverse

- Sign in to Nintendo eShop

- Collect the My Nintendo sign-in bonus

- Sign in to your Nintendo Account on the Official Nintendo website

In addition to these log-in bonuses, there is also a Monthly Mission worth 10 Points if you stay opted-in for promotional e-mails from Nintendo.

You can find the complete list of Missions by clicking this link.

PLATINUM POINTS EXPIRE AFTER SIX MONTHS OF BEING EARNED BUT NOT EXACTLY SIX MONTHS TO THE DAY. EXAMPLE: POINTS EARNED ON MARCH 3RD WILL EXPIRE ON SEPTEMBER 30TH AT 11:59:59 P.M. GOLD POINTS EXPIRE IN TWELVE MONTHS, AS OPPOSED TO SIX MONTHS WITH PLATINUM POINTS. THE SAME EXPIRE METHOD APPLIES FOR GOLD POINTS.

To check if you have any points expiring, you can check out your Points History Page to get a specific number of points expiring.

Redeeming Points for Rewards

iXTyPE6.png

With those points finally earned, you're ready to start using them! As mentioned above, there are three different types of My Nintendo Points: Platinum, and Gold. With these different amount of points, a various amount of rewards can be obtained, such as exclusive My Nintendo rewards, discounts towards specific games, 3DS Themes, and more! As stated above, points expire after six months of being obtained, so be sure to sue them withing the allotted time frame!

The full list of Rewards can be found at this link, and these Rewards will be more thoroughly discussed in the post below.

Gold Points can be used for purchases on the eShop to give you discounts!

U39JdKV.jpg

The conversion rate is 1 Gold Point = 1 Cent

Physical purchases earn you 1% back, while Digital purchases earn you 5% back

EXAMPLE: If you buy a $59.99 game on the eShop, you will receive 300 Gold Points. If you purchase that same game at the same price, but physically, you'll earn 60 Gold Points.

See the About Page for more info.

And with that, the introductory post to the My Nintendo Thread has been complete! With this OP, I hope any and all information you were looking for has been found. If you have any questions, criticisms, tips on how to improve this thread, or anything else, please do not hesitate to make your voice heard!

Edited by Isotope

Rewards

EnngVUg.jpgUjWfp1j.png71bkilC.jpgGWIWY3v.jpg

Much like Club Nintendo before it, My Nintendo has rewards that are able to be redeemed for by use of coins earned from Miitomo, purchasing games from the eShop. These rewards will eventually change, so be sure to check by every now and then for rewards that may be added or taken away! Above you will see just a small selection of the rewards that are available for My Nintendo, ranging from Miitomo Drop Tickets, to exclusive 3DS Themes, Discounts, and many more! Below you will find each Reward currently available, as well as a picture of the Reward for a visual aid. Clicking the image will bring you directly to that Reward's page, where you can then redeem your Points for it.

The current rewards can be found below:

Smartphone Applications

Miitomo

Spoiler

1WnStAi.jpg      FnxcrZW.jpg      RnB36aU.jpg

85 Platinum Points (4/1 at 4 A.M.)    420 Platinum Platinum (4/1 at 4 A.M.)  250 Platinum Points (Doesn't Expire)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lvI8VcA.png      7P0cYz9.png

Both are 150 Platinum Points (3/31 at 4 A.M.)

Super Mario Run

Spoiler

mnI7BXM.jpg

Free! (Doesn't expire)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BkCvG8n.jpg      8BZdOR5.jpg      ETkCyHo.jpg

60 Platinum Points (Doesn't expire)  100 Platinum Points (Doesn't expire)   140 Platinum Points (Doesn't expire)

yGEVmkL.jpg      kUkDJmp.jpg

150 Platinum Points (Doesn't expire)   250 Platinum Points (Doesn't expire)

aQZhfFG.jpg      SKZSM0L.jpg

30 Platinum Points (Doesn't expire)    100 Platinum Points (Doesn't expire)

Bjty0yr.jpg      tPI1DKQ.jpg      QNBGj90.jpg

Each are 300 Platinum Points (Don't expire)

Fire Emblem Heroes

Spoiler

TjsWHAc.jpg

Free! (Doesn't expire)

1MSTB80.jpg      J0ygcqd.jpg

Both are 100 Platinum Points (Don't expire)

j44Rv6h.jpg      yafSwz0.jpg      WiCLYaa.jpg

Each are 100 Platinum Points (Don't expire)

ez2JfxI.png

200 Platinum Points (Doesn't expire)

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Spoiler

HpAh5iv.png      urTGdHp.png

Free! (Doesn't expire)                100 Platinum Points (Doesn't expire)

Hm92pIj.png      paETz7d.png

Both are 300 Platinum Points (Don't expire)

GgaUXmd.png      ekjBx4u.png

Yl0Ip6r.png      UWOiEyr.png      sabBDiV.png

Each are 50 Platinum Points (Don't expire)

Miscellaneous/Other

Spoiler

hSTajeG.jpg      jiEjM2N.jpg      vLVTlnO.jpg

Each are 50 Platinum Points (PC/Smart Device; Don't expire)

8ynpzTv.jpg      IgyqAAY.jpg      OK3AWWV.jpg      JACRdki.jpg

4ZCrLiN.jpg      e05KACS.jpg      HYCvxFo.jpg      OwqYryh.jpg

kBqQYIi.jpg      RM5j2CH.jpg      nocAzYD.jpg      kZSDPbZ.jpg

eoT7XbM.jpg      i2abNlT.jpg      4mvH5dR.jpg      hooCwvp.jpg

3V7AqnF.jpg      FbVMok5.jpg      bJbEUjp.jpg

OUSUl9z.jpg      Yx3JgnH.jpg

Each one is 50 Platinum Points (PC/Smart Device; 3/31 at 3 A.M.)

Y1GDMEY.jpg      dQiwJep.jpg   

50 Platinum Points (PC/Smart Device; 4/3 at 2 A.M.)  50 Platinum Points (PC/Smart Device; 5/29 at 2 A.M.)

miWwFVw.jpg

50 Platinum Points (PC/Smart Device; 9/2 at 2 A.M.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sokbIAi.jpg      KxO2bTx.jpg      DDGY1Cm.jpg      YWhaFd6.jpg      7xTsMEn.jpg      n4BDqOP.jpg      UL95PWD.jpg

Each are 10 and/or 30 Gold Points (PC/Smart Device; 3/31 at 11 P.M.)

ouitnM9.jpg      QW0KElA.jpg

Both are 20 Gold Points (PC/Smart Device; 5/1 at 7 P.M. and Doesn't expire respectively)

Nintendo 3DS/Wii U Software Discounts

Spoiler

UL1CjGp.jpg      MIvQ6z6.jpg      76kVgc4.jpg

170 Platinum Points (3/23rd at 2 A.M.)                Both are 750 Platinum Points (3/23rd at 2 A.M.)

aHgjnLO.jpg      4XN4MHB.jpg      goAaq8R.jpg      FJw9Jp7.jpg

930 Platinum Points (4/2 at 2 A.M.)   310 Platinum Points (5/2 at 2 A.M.)    700 Platinum Points 6/2 at 2 A.M.)   240 Platinum Points (6/2 at 2 A.M.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LA7hT0X.jpg

700 Platinum Points (6/2 at 2 A.M.)

5Wy3JmU.jpg      f8XJcFW.jpg      bmNEyAN.jpg      FJOPalk.jpg

240 Platinum Points (5/2 at 2 A.M.)    400 Platinum Points (5/2 at 2 A.M.)                        Each are 400 Platinum Points (5/2 at 2 A.M.)

xkflGg4.jpg      RBt6EPf.jpg      Y1ot93W.jpg

90 Gold Points (3/23 at 2 A.M.)           50 Gold Points (4/2 at 2 A.M.)             90 Gold Points (6/2 at 2 A.M.)

p9cunFc.jpg      EmWMY18.jpg  

Both are 20 Gold Points (5/2 at 2 A.M.)

kDmMbLs.jpg      hrzWpNJ.jpg      p6lsuql.jpg

Each are 30 Gold Points (5/2 at 2 A.M.)

V04cRMW.jpg      qJlaJ48.jpg

Both are 90 Gold Points (5/2 at 2 A.M.)

b3tz05v.jpg

40 Gold Points (3/23 at 2 A.M.)

Nintendo 3DS/Wii U Software/Digital Content

Spoiler

uEkjdt7.jpg      3gcrwfG.jpg      P3Z6qbW.jpg      l17wgmu.jpg

Both are 100 Platinum Points; Doesn't Expire)                          100 Platinum Points (4/1 at 9 A.M.)   200 Platinum Points (6/2 at 2 A.M.)

P9UqidI.jpg      HKPPnUW.jpg      Dux2h3r.jpg      oobBBYb.jpg

Each are 100 Platinum Points (Doesn't Expire)

GEtZ5fU.jpg      nz1qDcR.jpg      y5JgrQ4.jpg

20 Gold Points (3/23 at 2 A.M.)                                 Both are 20 Gold Points (4/1 at 2 A.M.)

0frBYcw.jpg      9Mw0vVB.jpg

200 Platinum Points (Doesn't expire)  1000 Platinum Points (Doesn't expire)

UbkKp3C.jpg      POotyjZ.jpg

Both are 50 Gold Points (3/26 at 2 A.M.)

zGHbc4U.jpg      t7ftpFh.jpg

Both are 50 Gold Points (3/26 at 2 A.M.)

Current My Nintendo Promotion(s):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Isotope
5 minutes ago, SuperNintendoPower said:

Except it blatantly isn't. You've clearly never used either. 

Anyway, I hope that someday that they'll put all of the Fire Emblem Fates paths up there. I am NOT paying for DLC for that game, I assure you. It really should have been on the cartridge. 

I have used both loyalty programs, and Club Nintendo had better 'prizes' than My Nintendo ever has in its short existence thus far. When it gets worthwhile things to redeem for, then maybe I'll change my stance. Until then, Club Nintendo is by far better than My Nintendo.

1 hour ago, Isotope said:

Something to take advantage of: if you download "The First Skunk Bundle", you can receive 30 free Gold Points. What's normally a $24.99 purchase is, for whatever reason, free, and you can get the Gold Points as if the game was its original $24.99 price.

I went ahead and took advantage of this. I was looking on the Miiverse community of this game and people were mentioning it. Some were advertising that getting the free gold points would net you Metroid 2 for free if you used the points on that. If you don't already have the game that is. I'd say that's a good trade off. If you get this bad game that was overpriced for free, you can get an actual good game for free if you have My Nintendo.

Currently have 1980 Platinum Coins and 130 Gold.

1 hour ago, Lt. Surge said:

I have used both loyalty programs, and Club Nintendo had better 'prizes' than My Nintendo ever has in its short existence thus far. When it gets worthwhile things to redeem for, then maybe I'll change my stance. Until then, Club Nintendo is by far better than My Nintendo.

Word. Only thing I can even go for is just 30 percent off of Fire Emblem. It'll still be around $7.55 or so. Not much of a 'reward'. It's ok. But I miss the old rewards.

4 minutes ago, The Krazy One said:

I went ahead and took advantage of this. I was looking on the Miiverse community of this game and people were mentioning it. Some were advertising that getting the free gold points would net you Metroid 2 for free if you used the points on that. If you don't already have the game that is. I'd say that's a good trade off. If you get this bad game that was overpriced for free, you can get an actual good game for free if you have My Nintendo.

Currently have 1980 Platinum Coins and 130 Gold.

I'd get that, but I already got that game through Club Nintendo. I double checked to make sure.

Turns out I got the price wrong on Fire Emblem. Multiplied the original price by the wrong percentage off.

It'll be $5.59.

And 30 percent off is $2.40.

Way better.

Too bad I can't get it.  Dammit. What I'd give to sell those stupid Platinum coins. I have NO use for them.

Edited by Lance's Dragonite
9 hours ago, Isotope said:

Something to take advantage of: if you download "The First Skunk Bundle", you can receive 30 free Gold Points. What's normally a $24.99 purchase is, for whatever reason, free, and you can get the Gold Points as if the game was its original $24.99 price.

Just a heads up... You don't actually need to download this to get the coins. You just need enough space to start the download. Then when it starts, just go to Download Management and press delete on the software. ;)