The My Nintendo Thread - Club Nintendo's Successor

Isotope

I've been neglecting on updates recently. The following Rewards were added recently:

Wallpaper - Sonic Forces (PC/Smart Device) - 50 Platinum Points (Redeemable 1 time; Available until March 31st at 3 A.M.)

November Calendar - Sonic Forces (PC/Smart Device) - 50 Platinum Points (Redeemable 1 time; Available until March 31st at 3 A.M.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50% Discount on 3D Sonic the Hedgehog (3DS) - 150 Platinum Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until November 16th at 2 A.M.)

50% Discount on 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (3DS) - 150 Platinum Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until November 16th at 2 A.M.)

50% Discount on Sonic Generations (3DS) - 750 Platinum Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until November 16th at 2 A.M.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50% Discount on Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U) - 750 Platinum Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until November 16th at 2 A.M.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50% Discount on Sonic Lost World (3DS) - 110 Gold Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until November 16th at 2 A.M.)

50% Discount on Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice (3DS) - 110 Gold Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until November 16th at 2 A.M.)

50% Discount on Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (3DS) - 110 Gold Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until November 16th at 2 A.M.)

50% Discount on Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal (3DS) - 150 Gold Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until November 16th at 2 A.M.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50% Discount on Sonic Lost World (Wii U) - 110 Gold Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until November 16th at 2 A.M.)

50% Discount on Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U) - 110 Gold Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until November 16th at 2 A.M.)

Theme: Sonic Series: Sonic Style (3DS) - 100 Platinum Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until November 16th at 2 A.M.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prima Official Starter Guide - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (PC/Smart Device)  - 10 Gold Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until December 31st at 11 P.M.)

Wallpaper - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: The Champions' Ballad DLC 2 (PC/Smart Device) - 50 Platinum Points (Redeemable 1 time; Available until March 31st at 3 A.M.)

40% Discount on The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (3DS) - 160 Platinum Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until November 16th at 2 A.M.)

40% Discount on The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Wii U) - 160 Platinum Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until November 16th at 2 A.M.)

40% Discount on The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (3DS) - 120 Gold Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until January 4th at 2 A.M.)

40% Discount on The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii U) - 50 Gold Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until February 11th at 2 A.M.)

Theme: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: A Wide World (3DS) - 20 Gold Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until February 10th at 3 A.M.)

Edited by Isotope

Two Wallpapers are available to celebrate the upcoming Holiday season; they are the following:

Wallpaper- Happy Holidays! (PC/Smart Device) - 50 Platinum Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until January 3rd at 3 A.M.)

Theme: Mario's Happy Holidays (3DS) - 100 Platinum Points (Redeemable 1 time; available until January 3rd at 2 A.M.)

Something I've been musing: In the coming days (not too sure when I'll get around to it), I may revamp the way Rewards are shown in the second post. Instead of just having the text saying what the Reward is, how many Points are needed and when they expire, I'll include the picture of the Reward itself so you know what it looks like. I'm sure the text is enough, but a visual aid is always helpful and beneficial. If anyone has any suggestions to possibly improve the way Rewards are shown (if no changes are necessary even!), please do not hesitate to let me know.

Edited by Isotope

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp launches tomorrow, and with that come new missions:

GMFIPCQ.png

As well as Missions, Rewards are available for the game as well:

50 Leaf Tickets - Free! (Redeemable 1 time; doesn't expire)

5,000 Bells - 100 Platinum Points (Redeemable unlimited times; doesn't expire

OK Motors Cap - 300 Platinum Points (Redeemable 1 time; doesn't expire)

OK Motors Jacket - 300 Platinum Points (Redeemable 1 time; doesn't expire)

20 Craft Material: Steel - 50 Platinum Points (Redeemable unlimited times; doesn't expire)

20 Craft Material: Paper - 50 Platinum Points (Redeemable unlimited times; doesn't expire)

20 Craft Material: Wood - 50 Platinum Points (Redeemable unlimited times; doesn't expire)

20 Craft Material: Cotton - 50 Platinum Points (Redeemable unlimited times; doesn't expire)

20 Craft Material: Preserves - 50 Platinum Points (Redeemable unlimited times; doesn't expire)

The color used for Pocket Camp in the second post will be Emerald.

Edited by Isotope
  • 2 months later...

hi

https://my.nintendo.com/news/29b8f71f90e837dd

Starting in early March, you'll be able to redeem Gold Points for Switch Rewards.

• Buy a qualifying digital game for Nintendo Switch, Wii U™, or Nintendo 3DS™ family systems or a physical game for the Nintendo Switch system.
• Earn Gold Points worth 5% of the amount you pay, not including any points or discounts used*.
• You can then redeem those points on your next eligible digital purchase (including games and DLC) for the Nintendo Switch system from Nintendo eShop or Nintendo.com.

Also, I've been very negligent on keeping this thread updated (it takes time to keep it up to the way I want it to look). Either tomorrow or Saturday, I'll update the OP with the most recent Rewards.

Edited by Isotope
5 hours ago, chickadee said:

its a sucky discount but...i mean its a discount i guess lol

i tend to sit on my gold coins for afes bc theres nothing i ever want on MyNinty so i guess at least i can use them for SOMETHING

Same here. I just make my gold coins sit and look pretty and I spend them on random. So despite the shitty deal we're getting. I'm not that peeved about this because of two things: this was expected and I'm prepared when there discount on games, I'll own like 80% of them already.

This is classic Nintendo, at least I think with me but some share this same thought as well, right?

6 hours ago, alienboyva said:

So, let me get this straight....1 gold point = 5% off? That would mean 1 gold point would equate to 5¢?

Don't for get the fine print...

yoibkyv.png

Once again screwing over people who prefer physical games. Thanks, NOA! >_>

That's a scam if I ever saw one. Ugh. Agreed on the Thanks, NOA. >_>

They really want people to buy digital. Thing is, not everyone cares or wants to.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

That's a scam if I ever saw one. Ugh. Agreed on the Thanks, NOA. >_>

They really want people to buy digital. Thing is, not everyone cares or wants to.

And to add insult the injury, where's the space to DL those games, huh? Why force the purchase of digital games (besides the Nintendo games cause they know how compress their games) when there's only so much space with or without a micro SD card to put them on. It cost a pretty penny to get any cards over 128GB. This isn't as bad as PSVita proprietary memory but jeez Nintendo they cost add up, even if it optional to get these cards and go digital.

This coin game purchase exchange does not help the cost of the card to spend if you decide to do so.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

And to add insult the injury, where's the space to DL those games, huh? Why force the purchase of digital games (besides the Nintendo games cause they know how compress their games) when there's only so much space with or without a micro SD card to put them on. It cost a pretty penny to get any cards over 128GB. This isn't as bad as PSVita proprietary memory but jeez Nintendo they cost add up, even if it optional to get these cards and go digital.

This coin game purchase exchange does not help the cost of the card to spend if you decide to do so.

Exactly. It's not practical at all. It isn't as bad with the Wii U since we could use external drives for storage and they tend to run cheaper than the bigger Micro SD cards. Definitely. I only got PS Vita memory cards when they were on sale or on clearance.  If/when I get a Switch, I'll be doing the same for the Micro SD cards. 

I lucked out with mine for my Wii U. A 1tb WD one for around $60 odd dollars during the holiday season. Only had to get a Y cable for it to work properly on the Wii U. I wish that they would have gone with a similar route for the Switch or have it as another option alongside the Micro SD cards.

Word. They're basically working against the tide here.

Edited by Doc Brown

It took a little while (and I got lazy and put off doing it), but the Reward list has been fully updated with the most recent Rewards. They're also in order of when they expire and are in their own section with their expiration dates.

As usual, if anything can be improved upon, feel free to let me know.

Edited by Isotope