New Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes Trailer

....Is Byleth the bad guy in this one?!?

I thought it was the other way around with this new guy was the bad guy but this is interesting way make a new character for Three Houses and make the Byleth who is a mercenary so this turn of events is possible.

Also like the house new names or nickname or whatever for each leader of the house. Everything seems to have change for the setting of Fodlan, this is kinda cool.

It feels so awkward that they're milking the scenario of Three Houses, after it was botched miserably.

Take one of three sides in a war? Nope, choose at the very start, there are only two sides, and the same one always instigates in the wrong. ("If only there was another way," you say, despite never once attempting any diplomacy with anyone.) Then the actual war is just a plotless speedrun.

I wonder how this will sell, now that the players have already been fooled once.

Sure, choices you make in this game are not all different but that is not new to this series. This something that always been a illusion of choices in video games, primary in RPG's so anyone calling this out is not revelatory.

If know that and focus on the conviction of the characters, their backstories and the worldbuilding of Three Houses and Fodlan, it's not a bad game with its always stellar turn base strategy RPG.

EDIT: Also, it takes more time (if there's allotted time in developing the game to) to actually make choices in video games mean something. Few do it well and most not so well.

I am just looking forward to a more direct take from another perspective from the world of Fodlan. As much as I liked Age of Calamity, Nintendo swerve by making some think without explaining much this is the story of what happen 100 years before BotW. It was and it wasn't at the same time and I guess it's not debate that game is canon but it was interest take nonetheless. I am more excited for this tale we know that protagonist avatar has reverse their role in different way and meaning to this story for Fodlan.

Edited by DLurkster
3 minutes ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

At least we can all agree… 

Three Houses did that thing better than Fates.

I wonder about that? I agree but it's the thing now to shit on the recent FE release to certain degree. Even Three Housed is not really exempted from this scrutiny.

I honestly have no qualms and that is after I played most of the paths and DLC story of FE: TH and forgot choices in video games is a illusion.

Gotcha.

I was one of the rare ppl that got my hands on the special edition that had Revelations. So I can't say I played the best path but it allowed to bypass the BS of other paths that don't make sense from either perspective if one thinks too much on it.

Either way you look at it, none were better story or somewhat gameplay wise. I appreciate what truths were hidden and can only be experienced in Revelations.

40 minutes ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Doesn’t mean every character was better for it.  

And see to my revisions above.

True dat.

Tho nonsensical, I find the character quirks of FE and the bickering in this game, highly entertaining but also WTF at the same time.

Despite how segregated the story was again I appreciate what I had enjoyed in Fates to a degree.

22 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

At least we can all agree… 

Three Houses did that thing better than Fates.

Eh... Fates had terrible stories, but at least they tried--more than Three Houses can say. And they had the best gameplay in the series. Despite being split up into versions like Pokemon, each was a full game on its own.

8 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

On the bright side, at least Shez seems to be an actual character instead of a silent self-insert like Byleth.

At least I can tolerate Byleth over self-insert everybody’s affection Corrin. At least Byleth wasn’t as obnoxious as self insert Kris. 

Replying to below: Fates had better gameplay? Sure, Conquest may have had a decent storyline, but I’ll never forgive it for being too difficult. I would be forgiving of the level design if it wasn’t cheap. Yes, I WENT THERE. You know there’s a problem when PHOENIX MODE exists. I’m okay with Birthright’s and Rev’s difficulty.   

Also, there’s all the new weapons that made things more complex I’m glad they got rid of in Three Houses. Shuriken and knives just had had to be implemented in Heroes. Don’t get me started on the wolves and foxes, which were the worst implementation of the Laguz… Then there was the puppets which were really unnecessary… The bases which I’m glad the Monastery did a better job with… I hate that they nerfed pair ups, and had the gall for the enemy to do that as well! I know it was broken in Awakening… But I think they screwed it up in Fates. 

And trying isn’t good enough for me. I got behind the more realistic motives of each house, more than the family squabble of the day. I got behind a lot of the cast of Three Houses more than the cast of Fates because of the smaller size, and you got to know most of the cast from the very start? Also, I could tolerate most the playable cast compared to that of Fates. At least Three Houses only copied Anna. At least the time warp thing in Awakening made more sense than what Fates did.  

STILL, I will admit that Fates has the better soundtrack. Perhaps the best out of any game, thanks to the variation of the instruments and the Eastern and Western designs. Three Houses has orchestral electro or whatever, and it doesn’t fit well into the usual Fire Emblem worlds. It’s whatever is used for the percussion.  

I like some stuff from Fates. Xander is easily one of my favorite lords. I like him more than lobster man. And even though she’s overexposed in Heroes, Camilla… just Camilla.  Okay, even though I hate Conquest, the Nohr guys trump over everyone from Hoshido. And Azura is a fine singer and dancer. Having someone like her as a main character rather than a supporting character like Nils and Ninian was kind of refreshing. 

Sure, I admit Three Houses isn’t perfect too. The Battalion thing isn’t the greatest, not all of the villains are fleshed out and are paced horribly, the class system is kind of bad and flawed, and the relics being only usable for a couple of terms is lame. But, I’d take it over Fates. At least Three Houses took my wallet into consideration. At least Three Houses wasn’t a Pokémon price gimmick. At least the Oracle games had more polish than Fates, hot take. At least I had more fun with Three Houses over Fates. 

1 hour ago, Destiny Hero said:

Eh... Fates had terrible stories, but at least they tried--more than Three Houses can say. And they had the best gameplay in the series. Despite being split up into versions like Pokemon, each was a full game on its own.

I at least hope that there's more moveset diversity than the first FE Warriors game where only 9 characters out of 32 weren't clones.

But looking at the trailer, it looks like Edelgard, Dedue, and Hilda all have the same axe infantry moveset, so I'm not holding my breath.

On 4/13/2022 at 6:06 PM, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

At least I can tolerate Byleth over self-insert everybody’s affection Corrin. At least Byleth wasn’t as obnoxious as self insert Kris. 

Replying to below: Fates had better gameplay? Sure, Conquest may have had a decent storyline, but I’ll never forgive it for being too difficult. I would be forgiving of the level design if it wasn’t cheap. Yes, I WENT THERE. You know there’s a problem when PHOENIX MODE exists. I’m okay with Birthright’s and Rev’s difficulty.   

Also, there’s all the new weapons that made things more complex I’m glad they got rid of in Three Houses. Shuriken and knives just had had to be implemented in Heroes. Don’t get me started on the wolves and foxes, which were the worst implementation of the Laguz… Then there was the puppets which were really unnecessary… The bases which I’m glad the Monastery did a better job with… I hate that they nerfed pair ups, and had the gall for the enemy to do that as well! I know it was broken in Awakening… But I think they screwed it up in Fates. 

And trying isn’t good enough for me. I got behind the more realistic motives of each house, more than the family squabble of the day. I got behind a lot of the cast of Three Houses more than the cast of Fates because of the smaller size, and you got to know most of the cast from the very start? Also, I could tolerate most the playable cast compared to that of Fates. At least Three Houses only copied Anna. At least the time warp thing in Awakening made more sense than what Fates did.  

STILL, I will admit that Fates has the better soundtrack. Perhaps the best out of any game, thanks to the variation of the instruments and the Eastern and Western designs. Three Houses has orchestral electro or whatever, and it doesn’t fit well into the usual Fire Emblem worlds. It’s whatever is used for the percussion.  

I like some stuff from Fates. Xander is easily one of my favorite lords. I like him more than lobster man. And even though she’s overexposed in Heroes, Camilla… just Camilla.  Okay, even though I hate Conquest, the Nohr guys trump over everyone from Hoshido. And Azura is a fine singer and dancer. Having someone like her as a main character rather than a supporting character like Nils and Ninian was kind of refreshing. 

Sure, I admit Three Houses isn’t perfect too. The Battalion thing isn’t the greatest, not all of the villains are fleshed out and are paced horribly, the class system is kind of bad and flawed, and the relics being only usable for a couple of terms is lame. But, I’d take it over Fates. At least Three Houses took my wallet into consideration. At least Three Houses wasn’t a Pokémon price gimmick. At least the Oracle games had more polish than Fates, hot take. At least I had more fun with Three Houses over Fates. 

Conquest is definitely the best gameplay in the series! Almost every stage has a totally new gimmick along with an intricate layout. You get a good variety of characters and it also benefits from everything Fates in general did right. I'll admit that it was very difficult for me too--I think I dropped to Normal on Camilla's port chapter because I didn't want to let anyone die (ugh, just embrace Fire Emblem and let them go!). But that also means it's one of the few Fire Emblem games whose Hard mode is actually Hard. Usually only the start is challenging, but Lunatic makes it impossible.

I think Fates was polished and top-notch everywhere outside of the story and characters... as outrageously bad as those two areas were. (I'm with you on Camilla too--sexualized designs are fine, when FEH isn't spamming them weekly.)

If interest in Fates is dead, I'm guessing it's the one-two punch of its terrible writing and Warriors/FEH shoving the characters in everyone's faces. Meanwhile the (dialogue) writing in Three Houses has been good enough that people love the characters, even when some of them are terribly written/acted.

I still have some interest in Fates, as I still have my physical copy Birthright and the Revelations DLC. I sold my Conquest game years ago, but that’s because I refuse to touch it ever again. I’d rather play those two other Fates games, Awakening, Sacred Stones (guilty pleasure), Blazing Blade, New Mystery of the Emblem, Three Houses, Path of Radiance, and Genealogy of the Holy War over Conquest. Still, I’d rather play Conquest over Binding Blade, Shadows of Valentia, Shadow Dragon. Not sure about Radiant Dawn, as that game has similar faults with Conquest for me. My lack of saying another title makes my stand quite clear. At least Conquest doesn’t come close to the horror stories of THAT game. 

I like some of the artwork, designs, and mechanics/gameplay Heroes did for some the Fates characters. 

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams
  • Chrom featured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

New Trailer!

A look at the Faerghus characters, it's them in their grown up look.

Slyvain looks weird with that scarf, everyone else is pretty good.

Random drops of the kingdoms till release or 2 more weeks of this and more random information till release.

Can't wait for this game.

I like Caspar look and Bernie (oh forgot she doesn't want to be called Bernie, lol)

Ferdinand, pompously saying is full name is still annoying.

Apparently this trailer from GX is  the UK version of last week and again they have LE, I want this more than the XC 3 SE. (I haven't decided if I gonna get that one yet, tho)

Just the little more stuff than XC 3 SE is worth it to me, not that Europe is only getting this?!?

Also, they are releasing these weekly. That was my latter though from last week.

Lysithea looks almost the god damn same.

I was really hoping Leonie wasn't gonna mentioned Geralt's name and she didn't but she still said captain.

Showing off Ignatz love for painting with bow and arrow, nice touch.

Personally, my fave house of the game.

Edited by DLurkster