Political Containment Thread

To be completely fair, Trump Jr claims the "Russian government official" they met with didn't have any info  on Clinton. It was just the excuse given to get a meeting to talk about something completely else. And that's probably the truth. Trump Jr is banking on the fact that since no classified info was passed to him, he's clean. 

He's completely overlooking the fact that he's admitting to intent to commit treason if the info had been true and was passed to him tho.

Edited by Mao

tbh i think there's a lot of things people are overlooking. namely, the fact that even if this does get pursued legally, how unlikely it is for Trump himself to see much heat. firstly, there's the angle that these events did not impact the election itself anyway, so there's no reason for Trump Sr. to be punished. even then, there'd probably have to be a more direct connection between Trump and Russia for any action to be taken. evidence that Trump either did himself order the collusion, or that he knew about it and knowingly failed to stop it.

Not sure if I'd want an idiot who thinks he knows what he's doing rather than someone actually competent and has actual experience in office. Are we actually trying to rationalize that Trump should be presudent, knowing how much he has screwed up? Question: why hasn't it been in case of imoeachment the other side wins in terms of president and vp? HIllary still got the populous. These amendments need a thorough change because of this last election. 

9 minutes ago, XLW said:

Not sure if I'd want an idiot who thinks he knows what he's doing rather than someone actually competent and has actual experience in office. Are we actually trying to rationalize that Trump should be presudent, knowing how much he has screwed up?

I'd rather have an egomaniacal, bumbling fool who can hardly get his own shit done and weather the associated embarrassment as an American for the next four years than a seasoned politician with this kind of pedigree. I'd take Trump over Pence any day precisely because the latter would be, in political terms, "competent".

Edited by Schmengland
On 07/18/2017 at 10:24 PM, XLW said:

Not sure if I'd want an idiot who thinks he knows what he's doing rather than someone actually competent and has actual experience in office. Are we actually trying to rationalize that Trump should be presudent, knowing how much he has screwed up? Question: why hasn't it been in case of imoeachment the other side wins in terms of president and vp? HIllary still got the populous. These amendments need a thorough change because of this last election. 

What exactly has he done that's worse than any other Republican president besides say a lot of stupid shit and make the TSA more annoying?