Political Containment Thread

2 hours ago, nornir said:

I still can't stop laughing over the UK election

What a great day

"This just confirms what I've been saying all along" -pundit, upon being proven incredibly wrong.

The Corbyn/Trump are the same hot takes are especially silly, but not surprising coming from liberals considering they still bitch and moan about Bernie.

Edited by Swedish Brick
  • 2 weeks later...

...It almost seems like she's trying to play both sides.

"I opposed the bill, but I think it could bring us forward socially."

I mean, good on her for not being an asshole about it like right-wing politicians over here, but I'm kind of struggling to pin down her character, to be honest. Is this just how Europeans do business?

• 2 weeks later...

The June 3, 2016, email sent to Donald Trump Jr. could hardly have been more explicit: One of his father’s former Russian business partners had been contacted by a senior Russian government official and was offering to provide the Trump campaign with dirt on Hillary Clinton.

The documents “would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father,” read the email, written by a trusted intermediary, who added, “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

If the future president’s elder son was surprised or disturbed by the provenance of the promised material — or the notion that it was part of an ongoing effort by the Russian government to aid his father’s campaign — he gave no indication.

He replied within minutes: “If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

Four days later, after a flurry of emails, the intermediary wrote back, proposing a meeting in New York on Thursday with a “Russian government attorney.”

Donald Trump Jr. agreed, adding that he would likely bring along “Paul Manafort (campaign boss)” and “my brother-in-law,” Jared Kushner, now one of the president’s closest White House advisers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/us/politics/trump-russia-email-clinton.html?action=Click&contentCollection=BreakingNews&contentID=65556520&pgtype=Homepage

Jr. was contacted by the NYT about the story, so he decided to go out in a blaze of glory and post the emails himself because, uh, reasons.

Lemmings Republicans proceeded to jump off the cliff, yelling I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING as some sort of attempt at justification.