Political Containment Thread

People are fanatical zealots when it comes to guns in this country, it's difficult to have any sort of rational discussion with people who value their apparent rights so much that they're willing to bully children who just don't want to be shot anymore over it.  They're scared because you have a very real, very active, very angry group of people on the cusp of being of voting age and able to actually do something about it.  I think we have to let it settle in that asshole right-wing celebrities and conspiracy peddlers are actually attacking shooting victims who are children.  And the fact that other countries have mental illness or videogames or an absence of God in their schools or police officers who deal with miscreants all the time, and yet this is only a problem here.  Other countries with mandatory military service have firearms in every household but they're taught to respect firearms and perceive them as tools, not a hobby.  If these were anybody else but homicidal white domestic terrorists, we'd be all over that shit, like if they were muslim or God forbid, black.  America is a culture of gun violence and racism, and people want to continue denying that until hopefully this archaic generation dies off and we can change that without their impedence.

I wish I was getting paid by George Soros to say this, that would be fucking dope if I was.

• 2 weeks later...

MORE: Email warning police to be prepared with riot gear Incase Mueller is fired pic.twitter.com/U1QH25bNN7

— Marcie Cipriani (@MCipriani_WTAE) April 18, 2018

“There is a belief that President Trump will soon move to fire Special Prosecutor Mueller. This would result in a large protest within 24 hours of the firing,” Joseph writes in his email. “Based on this information, beginning tomorrow, April 19 2018 all Major Crimes detectives are required to bring a full uniform and any issued protective equipment (riot gear) with them to work until further notice.”

According to Cipriani, Pittsburgh’s mayor has since confirmed the authenticity of the email, and said the riot gear memo is “just precautionary.”

JUST IN: Just spoke to Mayor Bill Peduto, who confirms Pgh Police are preparing for possible protests. Peduto says the commander’s email asking for detectives to bring uniforms & riot gear starting tomorrow, is just precautionary #WTAE

— Marcie Cipriani (@MCipriani_WTAE) April 18, 2018

Source:  https://thinkprogress.org/police-riot-gear-mueller-protests-e32401f140f4/

Edited by Doc Brown
  • 2 months later...

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-belongs-russia-moscows-state-run-media-declares-980774?utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter

RUSSIA STATE MEDIA DECLARES: 'TRUMP IS OURS!'

Source: newsweek

Well it's been nice knowing ya guys.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/392923-sessions-real-exaggeration-to-compare-family-separation-to?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Sessions responds to Nazi comparisons: 'They were keeping the Jews from leaving'

Source: the hill

I have no words for this.

On 6/26/2018 at 12:01 PM, Kezay said:

So SCOTUS upheld that Trump's Muslim travel ban is constitutional.  I don't even know anymore...

Yea I know. :( This is frightening.

Saw this tweet by Walt Shaub yesterday that pretty much says a lot.

This is coming from someone who used to work for the United States Office of Government Ethics. 

This is not good.

• 3 weeks later...

The Venture for America founder is running for 2020 election on a platform of $1000 Universal Basic Income, Medicare for All, and a ton of other things I think y'all will appreciate. Important shit like climate change, police reform, and such, but too much to list here.
Look at the policy page cause it's fuckin enormous compared to what I see from most candidates of any kind.

https://www.yang2020.com/policies/

Essentially his argument for UBI is that it's effectively needed because automation is going to replace too many jobs too fast to prevent massive unemployment, and the way of funding it is through a 10% VAT - a tax on business income from what I understand. There's more details on the site, but I haven't researched it much yet.
I was actually just talking on my stream a couple days about how UBI would be great but is a pipe dream here, so the timing of this was pretty wicked.

https://www.yang2020.com/what-is-ubi/

here's his announcement video

Edited by Pichi

F* the Police by NWA, much like Ice T's metal band's song Cop Killer, is about police brutality and how you might feel in dealing with it at that level on a day to day basis.  They were arguably political songs about the situation.

I didn't even bring up Cop Killer originally even though I thought about it later on as being a point to this but he got tons of flak from Dan Quayle(SP?) and Police at the time of its release but now he's a stalwart on Law & Order as a cop no less LOL.

I get the distinct feeling there is a double or more standard to the PC police and Social Justice warriors going after people..... different people with arguably the same levels of "offensiveness" get completely different treatments by varying entities.

But to get back on topic to the situation at hand..... digging up 10 year old tweets NOW .... to end up costing someone a job when, since all this was public domain knowledge to begin with just seems a little too conspiracy theory to me.  Where were these people when the tweets were made?  How did this not come up when GoG 1 was made? 

- Are you aware that NWA were prosecuted/told by the FBI not to play that song because of they said that it was defamation when the song first came out? There have been attempts to ban it in the past. Heck, even Cop Killer has been banned as well on the radio. But, like I said on the other thread, time has changed. There are more rappers who have said other controversial stuff as well. It's no longer only a select few now.  Remember Ridin' by Chamillionare? Still, that guy is loaded now, so... 

It's not like I'm saying that these guys are perfect as well. But, if you were part of a minority that felt trapped because the system has failed them, wouldn't you want to find a way to express that frustration? And even though some lyrics are downright... atrocious, I can admit, art does and should not imitate life, and vice-versa. I feel like that should be in the same boat as the video game controversy. If that was the case, I'd like to point out Ozzy Osbourne. Even though his songs deal with the occult, it does not mean he practices them.  

Not all rappers rap about this matter, nor are all cops and all of the force are entirely malicious. Some people are just raised in the worst environments.