Glenbrook - N4A Chat Thread - March 2022

Chrom

Nothing that seriously deterred my experience, but a fair share of Triangle Strategy glitches I've come across, whether personally or seen clips of:

• On the Wolffort Harbor map, part of the terrain flickered like crazy depending on the camera angle
  • Sometimes the cursor/camera seemingly moves on its own during maps, and not because of stick drift
  • One time I tried to load a file into a battle prep, but it loaded me to the world map instead (no progress lost)
  • Another time I loaded a quicksave into a map, and the music just didn't come on
  • The depth of field effect can break during exploration and basically makes the whole area too blurry to navigate
  • While exploring the Valley of Dunes, you can softlock by making Serenoa walk against an edge a certain away and go out of bounds
  • While an enemy was attacking one of my units, the camera randomly jumped to the opposite end of the map before snapping back

Some of these issues only happened once and went away with another reload, and despite all this, I've never experienced a crash. Game is still a 10/10 in my book, with only a couple things I wish it handled a bit differently.

One of my biggest beefs with the game is its difficulty. The Level Recommended is a joke. The Normal AI is too good for you take on, because of the bosses. They’re at a higher level than recommended. Speaking of which, what’s with the Normal Difficulty AI and their damage output? They make bit brain moves at times, and probably hit more. I know the game says Normal is for players versed in SRPGs, but it’s inconsistent. What is this, Fire Emblem Conquest?! I know there’s no permadeath, and there’s ways to grind, but grinding is a little bit tedious in this game.  

Since I have Kirby on mind this Friday… I’m changing the difficulty to Very Easy. At least there’s an option to change difficulty.

I'm trying to make a living dex in Pokémon HOME and I don't think I've seen a mon as cursed as furfrou.

Basically, bank always reverts furfrou back to their normal form, meaning the 3ds games are not viable ways to get furfrou forms; only usum let's you record forms in the dex. Moreover, furfrou isn't in SwSh. So the only way to get furfrou forms is via Pokémon GO. Except, many of these forms are regional exclusive and one was released last month (heart trim).

Anyway, I think this is a 'mon I'm willing to put on the backburner for now and just hope it comes back in Scarlet/Violet.

Edited by Stephen 776

Hey everyone, hope things are going well for you! :) Been another couple months, think I fell off in the middle of a conversation, again… sorry about that. :( lol Home renovations ended up taking a lot of my attention, but I have a cozy new office in the basement now, which is nice.

Crazy few months in gaming… got and played through PLA, started Kirby, pining for Scarlet/Violet now along with BotW2, managed to complete my BDSP Pokedex except the dunb Slakoth line (only Swarm that never wants to show up)…  This is one of those years though where there’s so much good stuff coming out I have to prioritize what I really am willing to buy now and what I would therefore be okay with putting off for a while… not even just because of money, but also the time constraints! 

My kids just had their birthdays as well, and my son tried the Kirby demo and was able to do pretty well on his own. I am hoping this will be the first game we can actually possibly co-op together! Fun times…

3 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

If I didn't like Doom 1, 2, and 64, would I be better off skipping Doom 3 and just going straight to 2016?

Err… Well Doom 3 and its expansion episodes is pretty different from the rest of the games. 3 in general is a bit more horror esque and slower paced, as well as being a bit more story driven and lore heavy; think Metroid Prime 3, but instead of a logbook there’s audio logs for you to listen to.

Doom 2016 is a modernized return to form of the fast paced action the original games are known for, and thus Doom 3 is seen as a black sheep of the series, but one I personally enjoyed.

other weird things I'm learning about Pokemon as I get back in: unown have some of the most shoddy avaliability before BDSP and PLA.

You're either looking at a daily random in ORAS, or DPPt and nobody wants to do a mass gen iv-->v transfer y;

Need to actually save scum in ORAS for that unown island, because shoddy availability+many forms=fantastic GTS currency.

Edited by Stephen 776
1 hour ago, Ridley Prime said:

Err… Well Doom 3 and its expansion episodes is pretty different from the rest of the games. 3 in general is a bit more horror esque and slower paced, as well as being a bit more story driven and lore heavy; think Metroid Prime 3, but instead of a logbook there’s audio logs for you to listen to.

Doom 2016 is a modernized return to form of the fast paced action the original games are known for, and thus Doom 3 is seen as a black sheep of the series, but one I personally enjoyed.

To clarify, the main things I didn't like about the first three games were the confusing map layouts. I kept wondering around in circles until I randomly came across a door that I didn't know was a door because it looked identical to all the other wall textures. I even tried using the map, but that didn't really help for one particular puzzle that involved shooting a switch when there had been no prior indication that I could do that. I also wasn't a fan of the platforming segments over pools of lava or Mountain Dew in a game with no jump button.

Does the Switch version of 3 at least come with the duct tape mod?