Built a huge SNES themed TV Stand

It took me a month to build this and about $225 in lumber, stain, and materials. Used 1x12 pine panels which were about $18 a board. Wood prices have went up so I went for glued together panels instead of solid yellow pine (that was about $30 a board). I am 100% disabled through the VA and so this did take a good month whereas a normal non disabled person could get it done in a week or two. RGB Lights will be happening soon. Just waiting on some connectors for them. Soldering is not really working out too well. So once that is done it is gonna glow and look all pretty and

1128654B-FD6F-40C1-B2EA-25E02BC5DB71.jpeg

A44717A7-B482-4D41-BEA1-3CB750608051.jpeg

7656D341-1246-4AB1-AC5B-6773170A9A97.jpeg

Edited by Irondog666

Hey!  Long time no see!

That's a pretty awesome effort and I like all of those platforms lined up like that.  By the by, took me a moment to figure out why the size of the NES and SNES seemed so off... didn't dawn of me they were the NES and SNES Mini XD

On 2/28/2022 at 7:52 PM, Kezay said:

Hey!  Long time no see!

That's a pretty awesome effort and I like all of those platforms lined up like that.  By the by, took me a moment to figure out why the size of the NES and SNES seemed so off... didn't dawn of me they were the NES and SNES Mini XD

The configuration of game systems is largely based upon hookups.  So if you notice, the Top Loader NES, Saturn, N64, and SNES are all on the right.  The reason for that is the fact that my CRT is over to the right of this TV stand.  I do have plans to build a separate TV Stand for the CRT but it is going to be different since the thing weighs a good 145 pounds and I am going to have to build it out of pure Hardwoods (like 2x12s with a lot of support).  It just makes it a lot easier to route the Composite Cables to the A/V Switch Box I have. 

The Super NT and Mega SG (located at the top right) as well as the mini consoles all take Micro USB Cables.  I only had a few longer cables and I needed those for the Turbografx-16 Mini and the AVS.  So it is done up in away to make it easier for hooking up. I also made it large enough to where it is future proof because as you can tell, I can double up quite a few of those compartments.  I know I will be a getting an Xbox 360 soon that a friend doesn't want (she bought if for Tales of Vesparia way back when and now that it is on Switch, she has no use for it).  Same goes with a PS5 when you can find one around MSRP (I am patient so I can wait awhile).  

15 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Nice work but where is the snes theme?

So maybe I should have said "Colors" instead since it is done up in a light grey and violet color.  Unfortunately, there isn't much more I could really do to it outside of maybe putting SNES stickers on the side panels.  I might do that at some point.  I just really wanted a TV stand that had those colors. So I guess theme is probably wrong word lol.