Pokémon Presents 2/27/22 @ 9am ET (14 mins)

Yeah, I've been following this week if there was gonna be Pokemon Presents for Pokemon Day.

At the start of this week week, it seems news of Pokemon will be shared this week but on the day of Pokemon Day, it was absently blank what be happening this Sunday and today the light is shed that a Pokemon Presents will be happening. To me, it would of been nice to know when they announced Pokemon week that on Sunday would be Pokemon Presents. I think most weren't sure with Pokemon Day on Sunday but made the most sense that is where a Pokemon Presents would be.

As for what will be there, I'm with Steve, (datamine or not) I hope there's DLC for Arceus but not even looking at the length of the presents, the chance we get that DLC or news on new gen 9 or another main Pokemon game spin-off, like Let's GO may be possible. That and more updates on the stuff they already shared this week like Pokemon UNITE, MASTERS, and more. And we can't forget Pokemon Sleep and Pokemon Detective Pikachu sequel. So I have no expectation like I do with Nintendo Directs so I can't be disappoint in what I don't expect or much at all.

I actually...don't... want... Gen 9.... 

I like the steps taken with Legends, and feel like the series needs to spend time re-inventing itself and making things more fresh. I'd rather them take a few years doing more Legends-esque approaches to the franchise, working something out, and focusing any new Pokemon creature development to be based on more region-variants.

Your hesitancy in saying you want a gen 9 says it all. I'm like you, I want a break like any annual or bi-annual franchise.

It could work dividends for them and their consumers that will appreciate the effort they can put in if they hold back to do more or to add what was refreshing in good way in the next big title.

But in case there isn't a possibility there would be a gen 9, (and it is also a toss-up if we'll have one vs if I want one too) I would think or more so like to think they already have these new changes from Arceus will actually be in gen 9. GF have a way of keeping and then all of a sudden drop a feature but Arceus is not a feature but a gameplay that is different than what they usually do. I hope, this will change but I not hanging too high on that, like I'm on the fence if I want gen 9. Either way I expect some improvement in some form for the next mainline Pokemon title, just won't know what it will be or what form.

Pokemon Go update

Looks like Alola is coming March 1st, thought they'd leave that till Summer, tbh - but still cool to see, and looks like Alolan Exeggutor is coming back too which is nice

Looks like we'll finally be able to access Shaymin soon at some point with an Oak's Letter distribution

New Legends stuff - that stuff looks cool

A new generation in late 2022 already with Violet and Scarlet? That's a bit of a surprise... the graphics look WAY better than those games so far - they must've been working on it for awhile

But it looks like it's taking elements from Arceus because so far everything looks like overworld encounters, at least from what i can tell

The starters look.... interesting - i kinda like the cat/fox one so far

But unfortunately, no Home support yet - not sure why we haven't gotten that yet

Okay, so... 

*dumps my biggest complaint from SwSh to VS* 

If you don't do it GF, I'll be very disappointed. You had four years. Five? Three?

Still, this means I have to take a look at SwSh's expanded universe eventually. 

The shocking thing is usually we'd get a wait time of nearly a year, I'd think. My memory is kind of hazy from past first announcements to release date kind of stuff. 

Damn this looks pretty

Really like the Shine on the Magnemite and the type of Pokeball on that one building

Really liking the environments too

Though i'm not sure which region this is based off on, though........

Really like the starters too - so far my favorite is the Cat/Fox Grass starter... i just hope it's not another one that goes Bipedal...

The Fire type looks interesting in design.... wonder what that will evolve into?

The Water Duck doesn't look too bad, though not my first choice at this time

Edited by Shadow118

Just caught the news... It literally looks worse than a GameCube game. It's like Game Freak looked at Sword/Shield and thought, "How can we make the next game even more rushed?" The resolution is horrible! LOOK AT THE FRAME RATE ON THOSE WINDMILLS. THE GRASS NEXT TO MEOWTH IS N64 POLYGONS.

I think the fire and water starters look like some of the worst designs ever. But I dig the grass one. Weirdly I've loved just the grass starters of the four most recent batches, despite never liking the previous grass starters.

This is the first new gen reveal that's gotten not just a non-positive reception me, but just... god, I do not want this product. Sorry, Spain. You deserved better.

Edited by Destiny Hero

So that’s what the names are - that will take some getting used to saying

I don’t know why or which it is, but the way the names sound make me think it’s either a Spanish or Mexican based region 🤔

Could be mistaken, but I’d be fine with either myself 

The Trainer designs don’t look to bad either

They’re simple, but that’s not a bad thing - quite refreshing in a way to past designs

Edited by Shadow118

I was going to say it could be Italian with those first two names, buuuuuuuut-

10 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

It's Spain. You can see the edge of a region map in the player's bedroom.

You got me there. Italy's a big heel. 

I do have to say that the town and the player house look sort of Italian-design. Or Western European. Gosh dang if it was also inspired by Greece too, maybe.

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams
6 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

It's Spain. You can see the edge of a region map in the player's bedroom.

Indeed it is

Granted i just was just watching through Good Vibes Gaming reaction to the presents where that was figured out a few moments ago

So looks like my speculation was pretty close since it's one of the two i guessed

46 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

By the way... 

Did we need another Ducklett? Then again, it's not like GF is ashamed of copying other Poke'mon at this point. *looks at the countless Pikachu clones and rip-offs, even if some are good and hilarious*  

And, I swear that I've seen that alligator design before... Don't know why though. Maybe it reminds me of Sale the Alligator from Link's Awakening. Just the first thing on the top of my head.

I'll go with leaf kitty, whatever its name is, because it seems wholly unique. It's not Leafeon, that's for sure.   

Except for Sprigatito, the other names seem easier to pronounce. 

Qu-ack-s-lee.

Fu-eh-coco. 

If that second 't' wasn't there or hopefully it's silent, Sp-rig-a-t-oh!

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams

Also looking at tweets/information looks like this is going to be the first open world game, which is interesting to see since Arceus is more open areas than world

But the question is which version to get? I guess that's too early to decide until we get more info between now and release - i suppose it also depends on version exclusives, like always

Granted i know i'll be going with the Cat Grass starter, Sprigatito - can always trade for the other two anyway

Since it says late 2022, i'm guessing Fall or early winter for release - i think it would be a good Holiday release title

So that's roughly 7-9 months for more information to come out

But i'm looking forward to these games when they come out - think i'll be preordering them when that's available

The region does look rather Italian to me, too. Or at least, the architecture doesn't borrow as much from Spain as other 3D regions have from their inspirations.

Sprigatito took a minute to grow on me, but has to be one of the best Pokemon names ever.

@Link, the Hero of Dreams The fire starter looks like a clone of the Bubble Bobble character.

Edited by Destiny Hero
Just now, Destiny Hero said:

The region does look rather Italian to me, too. Or at least, the architecture doesn't borrow as much from Spain as other 3D regions have from their inspirations.

@Link, the Hero of Dreams The fire starter looks like a clone of the Bubble Bobble character.

Or somewhere Mediterranean. It's tough to say.   

... *clap* 

That's it! It does look like those guys! Bub and Bob, that is. 

As for the version exclusives... I forgot the responses to the doggies with the sword and shield motif. I thought they were good in design, and had a good lore. Just mediocre.  

Since the legendaries haven't been seen, and that's rare for GF... the names don't give us much to work with. Obvious Scarlet and Violet are close to the red and blue motifs as before... Does the names and colors imply blood and water? That's pretty dark for Poke'mon. Mainline, that is. We have nothing to work with so far.