Tech support: phone clipboard issue

purple_beard

I have an android phone and use chrome as my browser.  A few weeks ago I lost the ability to copy a url and post it on another webpage. I can paste links in text messages.  I've done the dumping of cached images and cookies but that didn't fix it and I don't see any updates I'm lacking so I am wondering if anyone knows a solution? Chrome settings/updates?  Phone settings/updates? Other?

Edited by purple_beard

Let's first start with the version of Chrome you have.

The latest version is and what I have on my android phone is: 98.0.4758.101.  For me I am able to copy and paste on another webpage and personally I use the Samsung browser, I don't have preference, just have that more readily accessible on my home screen then other browsers on my phone. Also, have had an issue with Samsung browser, ever.

As for settings, it is difficult to see if anything there might of effect clipboarding. Under site settings in settings of Chrome, I see clipboard but that is not for copying and pasting but to read text and images what is already copied in the clipboard. I don't see how any setting changes unbeknownst you could cause you not to copy and paste in Chrome, in particularly.

If you still prefer to use Chrome as your browser on your phone and no settings changes could cause this, along with you already clearing your cache or cookies help. Try uninstalling Chrome and install it back it anything changes or remains the same. If it still the same, don't know what else to say but use another browser that will copy and paste. As I said I don't see anything in settings that could cause Chrome to not copy and paste anymore.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/02/video-new-lego-star-wars-trailer-shows-behind-the-scenes-of-the-skywalker-saga

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/02/random-this-lego-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-figure-could-make-it-to-lego-ideas-final-round

Weird, in Chrome now I can click the clipboard at the bottom and paste the link I copied but holding down for paste and pasting by selecting paste won't work..

Ah, my bad I see what you're talking about not being able to uninstall Chrome.  To me the delete could mean that but you have to see for yourself it is completely removed from your phone. With me it sounds like and maybe for you to remove the icon from the most accessible place on your phone. I didn't do that but I assume that's what the delete mean.

As for next post, I don't get it, you can copy and post normally but you can't paste by holding down is what you are basically saying?

Either way, sounds like you still wanna figure out what is going on. Not sure, again that you prefer Chrome but if these trouble have no cause or solution. Try looking up on the net about the pasting issue or use another browser on your phone. You said yourself there's no problems with them.

Actually dl, that trick only worked here, on a few other sites I go to the paste function still doesn't work in Chrome.  I'm not tied to Chrome by any stretch but some of its "ways" are better than edge....Firefox it's a push...

Maybe I'll go to Google's website to find a tech support person. ..I just find it odd and it's got to be some phone or browser setting somewhere.