Chrom

Zelda: Breath of the Wild - New amiibo details

http://nintendo.tumblr.com/post/153959693594/the-legend-of-zelda-30th-anniversary-amiibo-are

Nintendo just posted this on their Tumblr that details how exactly the new Zelda amiibo work in Breath of the Wild.

The Legend of Zelda 30th Anniversary amiibo are in stores today! Each will offer random items you can use in the game when used with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Legend has it, you may even receive a treasure chest with a rare item if you’re lucky?!

• 8-bit Link will reward you with a random number of barrels. You might find rupees inside too!
  • Ocarina of Time Link will reward you with a random amount of meat.
  • Toon Link will reward you with a random amount of fish.
  • Wind Waker Zelda will reward you with a random selection of plants.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild releases for Nintendo Switch and Wii U in 2017. The new Zelda series amiibo are available starting today.

Considering how much later these amiibo came and Breath of the Wild releases next year I was hoping they might do more than random drops.  Then again, considering Breath of the Wild has a somewhat loot based system this could be useful depending on the situation.

24 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

That's it?  No skins?  No "special looking" weapons?  No special quests in-game?

That looks to be it for these amiibo, although I don't believe we know what the Breath of the Wild amiibo do yet (archer, rider, guardian). I think those will probably have more standout functions than the 30th anniversary ones.

16 minutes ago, Chrom said:

That looks to be it for these amiibo, although I don't believe we know what the Breath of the Wild amiibo do yet (archer, rider, guardian). I think those will probably have more standout functions than the 30th anniversary ones.

Well maybe no missions for those... but skins or something tied to them...  But yeah, we don't know everything about the set made specifically for the game.