Wii U and 3DS eShop to shut down in March 2023

The FOMO hit me hard enough to buy one of the BOTW themes. ldizzy;

And DLC for two Ace Attorney games I never got to BUT MIGHT SOMEDAY, plus Gunman Clive 2 and Stretchmo's NES puzzle pack (just the $3 Pushmo experience for me). And Shovel Knight which I've never been interested in but hey, there won't ever be another chance to buy it this cheap or with 3D! And for the Wii U, Metroid Prime Trilogy of course, if I ever feel up for that.

I didn't touch my 3DS last year and need to buy new circle pads since they've corroded due to time, but now, with the infinite power of a 32gb SD card, it can be a treasure trove of gaming whenever I feel up for it in the future. I rarely ever buy games due to the guilt of how much shovelware I bought for Wii and DS...

33 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

And DLC for two Ace Attorney games I never got to BUT MIGHT SOMEDAY, plus Gunman Clive 2 and Stretchmo's NES puzzle pack (just the $3 Pushmo experience for me). And Shovel Knight which I've never been interested in but hey, there won't ever be another chance to buy it this cheap or with 3D! And for the Wii U, Metroid Prime Trilogy of course, if I ever feel up for that.

I didn't touch my 3DS last year and need to buy new circle pads since they've corroded due to time, but now, with the infinite power of a 32gb SD card, it can be a treasure trove of gaming whenever I feel up for it in the future. I rarely ever buy games due to the guilt of how much shovelware I bought for Wii and DS...

Shovel Knight and the expansions are really fun. 

Well, went to the eShops of the 3DS/Wii U, one last time. (less than 20 minutes from this post till finito time)

I know the Wii U sometimes share same theme songs for the shop but both of them are playing the same song. One echoes from the right and another from the left.

Tho, I play my Wii U like maybe 2 twice a year at most, I am surprised by my 3DS case guard looking crusty. It' so crusty the once somewhat clear case is almost as yellow as my Majora's Mask N3DSXL. Not sure that would happen in time or it the system being close to yellow made it happen. The reason I am surprised, I play my 3DS a little more than my Wii U.

Like I recall playing my 3DS this past summer and Fall for Pokemon related stuff, how did I not notice the crustiness there? I'm sure it was there and maybe I just ignore to notice it, maybe?

4 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Oh shit, this is closing down too. I get what you mean. The 2 heavily bought stuff I got in the was the badges from the Nintendo Badge Arcade and then the fucking themes. I have so many. I like to match the badges I got with the themes I get. It really sells the atmosphere I was in with a game series love and everything

EDIT: So, I counted how many themes I have, i have 107, lol. Yeah, I knew I had a problem but daaaaammmmmmnnn. And my overall badge total is under 1000 at 960, lol.

Man, I took for granted what I bought to decorate my 3DS, huh? Yeah, it's no wonder with the 10 theme shuffle, every time I close and open or leave the main menu and come back it would shuffle thru 10 of the ones I chose it to go to. How did I every decide on the 10 now out the over 100 themes I have?!?

Edited by DLurkster
25 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Tho, I play my Wii U like maybe 2 twice a year at most, I am surprised by my 3DS case guard looking crusty. It' so crusty the once somewhat clear case is almost as yellow as my Majora's Mask N3DSXL. Not sure that would happen in time or it the system being close to yellow made it happen. The reason I am surprised, I play my 3DS a little more than my Wii U.

I've just dusted off my old Wii and... yeah, I don't think kid me ever ONCE cleaned these systems/controllers. Aside from using a pin to scrape out dead skin (what an experience that was--who knew how much volume those cracks could store). I remember being bothered by some grime on my Wii, but it really never occurred to little DH that he could grab a Lysol wipe and clean it off???

So my Nintendo gear is looking much whiter these days. Along with my doors and light switches.

Anyone want to share what they got before the closure?

3DS-

Parascientific Escape: Gear Detective

Parascientific Escape: Crossing at the Farthest Horizon

^Played the first game a while back. Reminded me of Ace Attorney. Was a bit short. Decided on getting the other two games in the series.

Wii U-

Kirby Squeak Squad

Kirby Mass Attack

Star Fox Command

Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber

Yoshi's Island DS

Pikmin 2

Rhythm Heaven Fever

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Sonic Lost World DLC (Yoshi & Zelda)

All but 3 on this list I've never played. I still own the physical copy of Yoshi's Island DS.

There wasn't too much on the 3DS side I wanted that was on sale. Only thing I could think of would be a couple of the River City games. I was also thinking of a few more DS VC titles but decided against them.

4 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

I strongly dislike the pogo-stick-shovel thing. Shovels don't bounce. It's also based on the Ducktales action with a really weird animation and another object which does not bounce.

Wha... wha... 

But it's used for more than just bouncing on stuff. 

If that's your impression on the game, just look at 30 minutes of gameplay.  

The guys who made this, Yacht Club Games, were one of the most successful Kickstarters, AND they'll make Mina the Mouse, a spiritual successor to Link's Awakening.  

Plus, it's not only pogo adventuring. With the expansions, you can play three other characters with unique play-styles. 

3 hours ago, TKrazyO said:

Anyone want to share what they got before the closure?

3DS-

Parascientific Escape: Gear Detective

Parascientific Escape: Crossing at the Farthest Horizon

^Played the first game a while back. Reminded me of Ace Attorney. Was a bit short. Decided on getting the other two games in the series.

Wii U-

Kirby Squeak Squad

Kirby Mass Attack

Star Fox Command

Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber

Yoshi's Island DS

Pikmin 2

Rhythm Heaven Fever

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Sonic Lost World DLC (Yoshi & Zelda)

All but 3 on this list I've never played. I still own the physical copy of Yoshi's Island DS.

There wasn't too much on the 3DS side I wanted that was on sale. Only thing I could think of would be a couple of the River City games. I was also thinking of a few more DS VC titles but decided against them.

WOW that's a big list (compared to me, anyway).

3DS:

Shovel Knight because sale and 3D

Gunman Clive 2 because sale + 3D + cheap + I guess I enjoyed the first

Stretchmo's $3 NES-themed pack--figured I'd get in on this eShop darling by cutting right to the good part.

Pokemon Crystal, a favorite as a kid... then we got a dog who liked to chew on cartridges.

DLC cases for Ace Attorney 5 & 6 which I'll get around to someday.

Wii U:

-Metroid Prime Trilogy, which is practically required.

3 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

The guys who made this, Yacht Club Games, were one of the most successful Kickstarters, AND they'll make Mina the Mouse, a spiritual successor to Link's Awakening.  

I saw that mouse game today. Kept scrolling. I don't like anthropomorphic characters.

Maybe it's age or maybe it's confidence--I know exactly what I do and don't like now. Between that and having so many games already, even my indecisive butt was able to cut the eShop wish list way down. I mostly just replay the same few games I really like, so I know I'll enjoy more Zelda games, but I don't need NES Remix 2 when I didn't finish the first.

I did check out Radiant Historia when I saw y'all chattering about it, and I started the demo. Wow, that's a treasure. But I don't regret not buying that because I've got just so many other games that'll be enough to occupy my free time probably forever. I'm not even missing Pokemon Legends and SV because I'm not nearly out of games to play/replay. I don't know how people can own so many games and still want much more...

The last games on the WiiU I got when I heard the news about last year and why: 

Ogre Battle 64 (I got Tactics Ogre Reborn, why not.) 

Bomberman 64 (I am curious.) 

Wario Land: Shake It (The only modern Wario platformer we'll get in a while.) 

Wild Guns (Sounds cool.) 

Yoshi's Island DS (I am genuinely curious.) 

PMD Sky (Loved it as a kid.) 

Kirby Canvas Curse (Because I hate myself.) 

Kirby Mass Attack (Because I hate myself.) 

M&L Partners In Time (Because I think it's totally underrated.) 

New Super Mario Bros. (Because it's nostalgic, weirdly.) 

Nintendo Land (Mainly nostalgia. Better than 1-2 Switch.) 

Metroid Prime Hunters (Because this is likely the only way I'll play it.) 

Sin & Punishment 2 (Because I heard the series is a hidden master duo.) 

RE4 Wii Edition (Because I heard the motion controls make this game REAL good.) 

Dr. Luigi (30 years of Luigi justice.) 

FF Tactics Advance (I liked Tactics, but never understood that we ever really got was a trilogy.) 

Zack And Wiki (Curious.) 

Mario Strikers Charged (Better than the soccer game the Switch got.) 

Kirby Squeak Squad (Because I passed it up as a kid, for whatever reason.) 

Pushmo World (It deserves more.)  

Drill Dozer (Because it's a GameFreak game that ISN'T Poke'mon.) 

SMG2 (Too bad the 3D All-Stars collection never got it!)  

WarioWare Smooth Moves (Meh.) 

XCX (Because it seems like no one will ever talk about it, and think it's rightfully a spinoff. Where's XCX2 then?) 

Rayman Advance (Because Rayman deserves better.) 

Namco Museum (It's the only way to play Ms. Pac-Man. I wish i were joking.)  

Pikmin 2 (Does it go without saying?)

Super Paper Mario (Because I wouldn't be caught dead owning a physical version. This guy is totally responsible for the decrease of the Paper Mario series.) 

Metroid Prime Trilogy (Does it go without saying?)