Mario Kart 8 DLX +48 (aka Booster Course Pass) Discussion Wave 6 11/9 ITS ALIVE!

Man, the rubber banding AI items its killing me on 200cc....

1st DLC Cup was owning the competition only to get punked on lap 3 at the end and with a 2nd I only got a 2* rank....

2nd cup.... killing it and feeling good about myself till Ninja Hideaway and overly aggressive AI and items came into play... and lets say I got owned .... it was UGLY...

Well, finally didn't get cheated.... 3* Mirror and below, 2* 200.

Edited by purple_beard

I had no problems with 200cc GPs, no restarts for less than 1st place finishes. Lightning was prevalent in just about every race I did but that essentially made it 150cc for those brief parts of race and gave me no issues.

Haven't touched Mirror yet, we'll see how forgetful I am of inverted turns soonish though.

7 minutes ago, Surge135 said:

I had no problems with 200cc GPs, no restarts for less than 1st place finishes. Lightning was prevalent in just about every race I did but that essentially made it 150cc for those brief parts of race and gave me no issues.

Haven't touched Mirror yet, we'll see how forgetful I am of inverted turns soonish though.

The tracks weren't ingrained into my brain enough for mirror to throw me off but I will say I had to change setup for 200cc because of how compact the courses are.

Yeah, I know....

But I was pretty sure in the announcement trailer it was supposed to be all retros....  Unless this is a MKT course not released yet and since MK8DLX Booster  can pull from MKT....

27-44s of the video... that sure sounds like it because she says new courses coming from past games in the series.... could be semantics...

Edited by purple_beard

Semantics or not, if you really thought only remix courses were only coming to the Booster Course Pass, you're kidding yourself.

Yeah, I would say majority will be will remixed courses from past MK titles, not ala MKT with all the aerial track tricks and what not from MKT, we know now that any courses that are not out or are out in MKT will be a up-res of what is in MKT for MK8 and not MK8 base style game. Also, not all or few may have anti-gravity.

At this point even without datamining, it gonna be a toss up what course will come back, what isn't in MKT will come to the pass but eventually to MKT. There's a lot of variables to look at what will and what won't in regards to the courses, old or new, anti-gravity, any visual change and least of all any new karts or characters.

Like I said, I am fine with whatever that comes to the pass, new, old, anti-gravity or not. Fine with the visuals. I'm just accepting what Nintendo will do, which is Nintendo. Enjoy the ride of this pass as it goes along.

1 minute ago, purple_beard said:

@DLurkster

I just don't see them going original for MK8 with 9 almost on the horizon.... I can see an in-development MKT course getting bumped up though.

True, I don't see that either but DLC doesn't always have to be rehash stuff, DLC can be anything it wants to sell to ppl who want to get additional content. If Nintendo think putting one or two courses overall (like a new course in one cup of 2 in one wave and another in another one cup of 2 in another wave) that are new will sell the pass more, by all means. I won't be let down because of datamine rumors a possibility of new course.

I'm still in that mindset that whatever comes to the pass in any form as I mentioned above, I am game. It's twofold why I think like this as I said Nintendo will Nintendo for better or worse and it's easier not to be disappointed like Nintendo Directs, if I don't expect much or at all. But that's me, not everybody will think that way.

I don't think the Booster Course Pass will have any new exclusive tracks, but definitely could have a new track intended to also be released for Mario Kart Tour. Right now, it seems like the best move for Nintendo to support both pass and Tour if completely new tracks are being made between now and the end of 2023. I just hope that a good handful of tracks from Mario Kart 7 make the move, as that fantastic line up is stuck in a game without a Versus mode. Toad Circuit makes a great contrast to the complexity found in many of the base game tracks, and I think 7's tracks in general offer fresh simplicity while still offering the gimmicks that have been a part of Mario Kart following DS. Tour's location based tracks, now having experienced three of them, definitely have felt like a progression and extension of the great, happy balance of design that 7 has. If anti-gravity is featured at all in the Booster Course Pass, I do think the best shot is if Waluigi Pinball makes the DLC (just add all tracks with Waluigi in their name :P). Beyond that, I'm not really wanting to see that gimmick outside of the base game personally, but wouldn't have a problem if it is featured in these tracks either. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Maybe at the end of the week.

Very plausible.

The precedence here have been spot on with Smash so to me there's no doubt to me but realist in me, will be ready if it doesn't happened next week.

Like, tho it makes sense for the release for Wave 2 for next month for MK 30th anniversary but I also see Nintendo maybe not doing that.

I will wait for whenever it comes out, no rush for me.

10 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Very plausible.

The precedence here have been spot on with Smash so to me there's no doubt to me but realist in me, will be ready if it doesn't happened next week.

Like, tho it makes sense for the release for Wave 2 for next month for MK 30th anniversary but I also see Nintendo maybe not doing that.

I will wait for whenever it comes out, no rush for me.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Kart

You might be onto something there dl, but considering it's booster pack courses I don't think the anniversary is in play as I'd think you'd get courses, characters,  other stuff in that scenario but I wouldn't be mad if they did.

On 7/12/2022 at 9:07 PM, purple_beard said:

MY TOP 8 WANTS FOR WAVE 2:

Waluigi Pinball / MKDS

The more this gets mentioned, the more I see Nintendo doing something Nintendo and releasing Waluigi Pinball in a 2023 wave. Everyone I've seen comment on these waves wants that track. Every track from MKDS's Flower Cup (favorite single cup in MK) is on my wish list, so Desert Hills, Delfino Square and Waluigi Pinball (got Shroom Ridge, and it's my favorite track in MK8DLX). Nintendo will likely go with Tour's Waluigi Pinball, which unfortunately continues 7's hang glider launcher section....To me, it takes away from the visuals a bit when launching on to the table, but even with that Waluigi Pinball is probably my most wanted track for Deluxe.

Beyond the DS Flower Cup tracks remaining, I really want to see Waluigi Stadium from Double Dash make a return and more tracks from Mario Kart 7. Piranha Plant Slide and Music Park are my least favorite tracks from 7 and they're already in Deluxe, so it's only up from there for that game in my opinion. More of 7's tracks need to break free from that lack of single player VS. That omission prevented 7 from being the best Mario Kart, because I do believe it has the best track selection.