Mario Kart 8 DLX +48 (aka Booster Course Pass) Discussion Wave 6 11/9 ITS ALIVE!

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

New racers confirmed...birdo

Goddammit, PB!

I thought this will never come to fruition but we got a new racer in the DLC called Booster Course Pass.

What do you know?

I don't expect this to be occurring thing but this was a nice surprise for me. Tho with that said, now the expectation of new racers is just risen so now I won't stop hearing what ppl want now. Sigh.

Also, Birdo wasn't in this game already?!? Wow my dude.

*Per Wave 4, new racers are NOT off the table!

Updated OP

The new course looks amazing.  Noticed the cloud terraforming option.  Very cool mix of terrains too.

I wonder what happens now that the seal on new racers has been broken?

On a completely other train of thought... with new racers and new tracks...  IS MK8DLX basically Mario Kart into perpetuity?    I do think there has to be a visuals due to hardware upgrade on the horizon but...

Edited by purple_beard

Goddammit, stop this right now.

Like I'm all for whoever comes in but just wait for them to happen, ugh I have to live with all these who's gonna get in for the rest of this year because the DLC ends in December.

Yup, imma come in this thread less often but we'll see if I stick that or that changes.

The new course looks really nice-really like how the environment looks  

can’t wait to see what other courses are going to be in the next wave of cups

Saw the thing about new characters being added on a twitter post just now myself 

Wonder why they didn’t add a character in the previous two packs? Did Nintendo listen to what people were wanting online and such? Will this be a staple for the remainder of the waves? I guess that’s too early to tell, I suppose but it’s a curious thought…

But nice to see Birdo back in multiple color schemes at least - not my most wanted character to return, but I’m not complaining either at the end of the day

If they add a new character in one of the next waves to 8, kinda hope Pauline is one of them honestly 

Though i’d love for them to bring R.O.B. back from MKDS just for the hell of it - i liked his random inclusion in that game

Bringing Funky Kong and Diddy would be cool, too - the D.K. series could definitely use some more love in Mario Kart again 

I wonder who makes the cut for additional racers?

I'd feel like Petey Pirahna would be a shoe in considering his MKT rollout and being in MKDD... and an item in MK8DLX.  I'd say Diddy Kong is up as well.  Funky has a shot.  Was in Queen Bee from MK7? ... Maybe....  I can't really think of any other past characters off the top of my head.  I believe MKDD had RED Koopa Paratroopa.  I don't think there would be a truly NEW character added even if I'd consider the MKT roster with some of its new characters to the series (not just costumes).

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed a lot of MKT but I am not mad, (not saying you are or anyone) I've warmed up to the MKT take in MK8 some are drastically different and getting better as we go along the waves.

I honestly have to to say this, this might be the best wave release so far. So much to look forward, I am equally looking forward to GBA Riverside Park (recently playing that on NSO+EP really makes me appreciate this glow-up more. Most GBA courses seem to be the standouts and I love it!) and GCN Wario Stadium and the MKT courses along with the new Yoshi Island of course.

But I gotta say again, Nintendo March 9th is not spring, As someone who watches the weather has a hobbie, I can't stand by and see ppl state season beginnings and not even be close. Yeah, yeah, spring is in March but get it right, it's March 20th dammit! >.<

Also, the announcement of Wave 4 to release is exactly 31 days. From Nintendo Direct on Feb 8th to release of March 9th.

• purple_beard changed the title to Mario Kart 8 DLX +48 (aka Booster Course Pass) Discussion Wave 4 3/9

I can’t say i mind the Tour tracks in MK8 myself either - i find them more enjoyable playing them in 8D than in Tour

About 2 waves left unreleased- wonder how many of the Tour tracks we’ll see in the end?

Also thinking in hindsight, would be a good idea to buy the Booster course pack - not being able to play the courses isn’t too convenient when you don’t have an active membership….

Edited by Shadow118
1 hour ago, Shadow118 said:

I can’t say i mind the Tour tracks in MK8 myself either - i find them more enjoyable playing them in 8D than in Tour

About 2 waves left unreleased- wonder how many of the Tour tracks we’ll see in the end?

Also thinking in hindsight, would be a good idea to buy the Booster course pack - not being able to play the courses isn’t too convenient when you don’t have an active membership….

Basically my thought and what I did.

It's convenient in hindsight to get the DLC thru subscription but if you don't renew or auto renew, (I never for any subscription) you lose out ultimately. Similar to owning some physical, just knowing you bought give part of ownership, tho its digital and that has it own clause but it's better than not having something because it's benefit offer so not really yours.