Mario Kart 8 DLX +48 (aka Booster Course Pass) Discussion Wave 6 11/9 ITS ALIVE!

14 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Would you be mad about an 11pm+- start?

I'd be fine with 11. It's just that Smackdown is on until 10. Hopefully I'm not feeling tired around that time.

I did feel that the tracks would be touched up a bit before release. Usually happens for a bunch of reveal trailers up until release.

7 minutes ago, TKrazyO said:

I'd be fine with 11. It's just that Smackdown is on until 10. Hopefully I'm not feeling tired around that time.

I did feel that the tracks would be touched up a bit before release. Usually happens for a bunch of reveal trailers up until release.

Ok... 11 sounds good to me.. if I go I'll update if anything keeps me from  hitting that.

2 hours ago, purple_beard said:

in line with my prior thoughts about waiting till it arrives for true knowledge of final look...but yeah...just one course noted.

I was fine with how it look initially (not sure if time made me realize it was alright either) but I guess there was a small possibility there could be improvements with the visual of these tracks. Odd that in these new screenshots only Coconut Mall is touched up...hmmm?

As for the maintenance, tho it is mentioned in that GX vid that there's one tomorrow, I don't see on on Nintendo networks status page or any for that matter. I guess we'll see tomorrow morning they said, if heard correctly? That is so strange, I think this is the first time Nintendo releases a update in he morning in the western hemisphere, why this one why MK and no notice as of this post on the maintenance sounds to suspiciously too good to be true. 9am or is it 9pm tomorrow or like they said initially on the 18th?

Also,I really don't see how the NSO N64 releases have anything to do with how any other released outside NSO will release the same. Yes, there both from Nintendo and can release anytime they want per se but one is a dedicated online service subscription and the other are game releases, DLC, or update, those have and always been an evening this here to the west, I don't see this changing because MK is the best selling title on Switch, why the exception and to release early would do, huh? I just don't get the logic, to me?

I wanted to piece together the Tour tracks to get an idea on what they may look like with their paths overlayed but the only one I got complete was Tokyo Blur. Paris Promenade has two tracks that have the same starting line and one that is different, so piecing that together is gonna take me some more time and thought. Ninja Hideaway only has the one track distinction other than its reverse and trick/stunt variants so I imagine that will likely stay as is. So that leaves Tokyo Blur, which I overlayed as such:

I swear if they are gonna hold off on green lighting the DLC until tomorrow after putting the software update out the day prior, I'm gonna be annoyed. The game is literally going to be teasing everyone with the new content with the update available but unplayable for a whole day.

Edit: GX seems to believe the DLC should be playable globally by 7pm EDT/4pm PDT based on information from Nintendo of Australia.

Edited by Surge135
2 hours ago, Surge135 said:

I swear if they are gonna hold off on green lighting the DLC until tomorrow after putting the software update out the day prior, I'm gonna be annoyed. The game is literally going to be teasing everyone with the new content with the update available but unplayable for a whole day.

Edit: GX seems to believe the DLC should be playable globally by 7pm EDT/4pm PDT based on information from Nintendo of Australia.

Just watched that... kind if odd timing but I guess it could be tiered out that way for its setup to be played... get the prep done early....then drop content..might decrease load on servers.

Here's my idea why it rumored to come out today and also why NSO 64 games come out day early to the west. (actually I knew the latter just never said here why)

To bring example to this the fighter pass, if it came out now or continued for some reason what they did with the booster pass they would of done the same fighter pass in release timing and on the expansion pack as a option to get free there. Remember when Joker first released and how everyone was DLing the update but couldn't, that is why they release the update for booster pass this morning. (which was night time way to the east of us) All they have to do is press a button and the content goes live no matter how you got the DLC, expansion pack or purchase, in the end it all digital so they can release all at the same time. (Now getting to the NSO 64 release time part)

I was trying to figure out the logic why update or release the content a day before, PB hinted at this and was right, it is already the 18th in Japan and again with the games or content digital and on subscription service it is easier to release something like that all at the same time 7, 8 or 9pm est is 8, 9 or 10am Japan time. So instead of waiting a few hours to release the NSO 64 games they release at night in the west where it already the morning of the next day far to the east. This again applies to specifically to 1st party DLC to the expansion pack and the retro games releasing to the expansion pack.

In conclusion, I suspect any 1st party DLC from Nintendo will release on the NSO EP, will update few hours before content goes live for us, when it goes live it would be few hours before the date for its release in the west. Same thing with NSO EP N64 games, just not update, content goes live night prior to the west cause it is already morning of the next day to the east. Yeah, that's the logic of these releases and why?

Wait, huh?

I did all that typing for nothing or are they playing the Australian version? And even then it is the middle of the night there and in Japan?

EDIT: Didn't watch the stream from the beginning or now but even if they are playing Australian version, this cannot be happening now.  I expected this and I check MK8 DX and the content at leas for us in the west is not live yet.

I REPEAT THE CONTENT IS NOT LIVE IN THE WEST YET!

Edited by DLurkster

I'm trying to play the 50cc Grand Prix of the first new cup and I'm still getting the same notice about having to buy the DLC or have the NSO Expansion Pass.

Yeah, GX were playing off of a Japanese-account where the DLC had gone live. The tracks that I did get a glimpse at looked relatively nice, still a lot of complaints about missing details or whatever in their live chat still. Looks good enough for me though.

Edited by Surge135
6 hours ago, Surge135 said:

I'm trying to play the 50cc Grand Prix of the first new cup and I'm still getting the same notice about having to buy the DLC or have the NSO Expansion Pass.

Yeah, GX were playing off of a Japanese-account where the DLC had gone live. The tracks that I did get a glimpse at looked relatively nice, still a lot of complaints about missing details or whatever in their live chat still. Looks good enough for me though.

Yeah,  I got full update and dl'd it.. did 4x random no courses popped up, tried local and get error message you did.  Tried my Japanese account for eshop/nso and it made me have to buy pass....  changed regions and same thing.  I guess I have to wait.

Ended up watching their 8 course video on YouTube on my switch lol....so it would feel like I'm playing it.

Said video.

impressions from video:

graphics looked good to me.

mkt courses look really fun to race but not sure about branching paths aspect as far as time cutting goes.

coconut mall: boo to end car change but knowing how that was. I might not actually be mad..  need to replay mkwii as escalators and end ramps looked off from original.

chocolate mountain: interesting updates/mods/changes...kind of dig it, kind of need to race it in action to give proper opinion.

sky garden looks cool, love the effects on the clouds..

Ninja hideaway stands out to me from mkt.

Forgot Mushroom Ridge.... looks ok in the video... need to see if its more detailed in person... it does come off more stylized.

Edited by purple_beard