Jump to content

Mario Kart 8 DLX +48 (aka Booster Course Pass) Discussion Wave 3 12/7


Recommended Posts

Okay, so they finally added anti-gravity in some of these tracks. I would've loved to see Choco Mountain and Sky Garden have it two waves ago, but what am I gonna do?! 

 

Well, Boo Lake, a track I did not want, made it here. It kind of looks cool, so I guess I'll try it later. At least I got Rock Rock Mountain and Maple Treeway. That's good. Too bad about the pumpkins not being with Maple Treeway. That would've been fun. 

 

Top 16 Tracks I would not want to see in MK8D: 
 

 

16. DS Yoshi Falls 

 

It's kind of meh. Who knows if anti-gravity would save it.

 

15. 3DS Daisy Hills  

 

I just think it's bland and forgettable.

 

14. 3DS Wario Shipyard 

 

The worst of the Wario tracks.

 

13. 3DS Rosalina's Ice World  

 

This one kid of bored me, even the music.

 

12. DS DK Pass 

 

This is maybe the most forgettable DK track.

 

11. Wii Luigi Circuit  

 

It's meh.

 

10. GCN Mushroom Bridge 

 

We got Shroom Ridge or whatever already. Plus, there's another track that deserves better. 

 

9. SNES Ghost Valley 3  

 

Honestly, this would be horrible to play on 200 CC.

 

8. GCN Waluigi Stadium 

 

We got Waluigi Pinball already, plus there's another "Stadium" that I like more.

 

7. DS Desert Hills  

 

Those turns on 200 CC.

 

6. DS Delfino Square  

 

Too claustrophobic on 200 CC.

 

5. GCN DK Mountain

 

Those turns on 200 CC. Plus, there's another DK track that's better with 8's design.

  

4. SNES Choco Island 1  

 

Hard to work with, even if it has a RMX.

 

3. SNES Choco Island 2 

 

Horrible to control.

 

2. SNES Bowser Castle 2  

 

The worst designed track in all of Mario Kart history. 

 

1. Wii Moonview Highway 

 

No. No. No. Too chaotic.

 

------------------------------------------------------------- 
 
Top 16 Tracks I would want to see in MK8D
  

16. SNES Vanilla Lake 1/  2 

 

Just to see how they would take them.

 

15. SNES Koopa Beach 1/ 2 

 

Driving underwater. 

 

14. GBA Bowser Castle 4 

 

If 3DS Rainbow Road got it... I'd like this to have a shot. 

 

13. DS Figure-8 Circuit  

 

Anti-gravity, let's go!

 

12. Wii DK Summit 

 

The half-pipe thing is back! 

 

11. Wii Koopa Cape

 

Still would be fun.

 

10. DS Airship Fortress 

 

Imagine anti-gravity in the tower!

 

9. GBA Lakeside Park 

 

I just want to see how they would handle it.

 

8. GBA Cheep Cheep Island 

 

It looks wonderful in Tour.

 

7. Wii Toad's Factory 

 

Gliding and anti-gravity would make it fun. Also, the music.

 

6. GCN Mushroom City  

 

You can't ignore this forever, Nintendo! This is where the Tour tracks might have gotten their inspiration from! The music!

 

5. GCN Wario Colosseum 

 

End the GCN run already... I mean, this is my favorite Wario track ever. Imagine how insane this track would be!

 

4. 3DS Wuhu Loop 

 

3. 3DS Maka Wuhu 

 

*shrugs*

 

2. GCN Daisy Cruiser  

 

Would anti-gravity work with a moving ship? I GOT TO KNOW!

 

1. GBA Sunset Wilds 

 

Imagine how they would take care of the setting sun in 8's engine. Plus, this track is SO underrated. Forget Kalimari Desert, this is my favorite desert track of all time! Plus, the music!

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, TKrazyO said:

Just thought of something that could be fun.

  Reveal hidden contents

Green shells only (single & triple) on Baby Park

 

They just changed the game with this update.

Goddamn right!

 

Do it, Surge, dooooooooo it!

 

Also, that same rule can be applied to green shells only on mk8's Mario Circuit. Green shells are hell bouncing along the first part of that track, lol.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, TKrazyO said:

Just thought of something that could be fun.

  Reveal hidden contents

Green shells only (single & triple) on Baby Park

 

They just changed the game with this update.


Try Crazy Eight and Green Shells. Earlier, I did a combo of Crazy Eight and Stars only, and my Crazy Eight came with 8 Stars instead of the 8 standard items! It was amazing!

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Okay, so they finally added anti-gravity in some of these tracks. I would've loved to see Choco Mountain and Sky Garden have it two waves ago, but what am I gonna do?! 

 

Well, Boo Lake, a track I did not want, made it here. It kind of looks cool, so I guess I'll try it later. At least I got Rock Rock Mountain and Maple Treeway. That's good. Too bad about the pumpkins not being with Maple Treeway. That would've been fun. 

 

 

Top 16 Tracks I would not want to see in MK8D: 
 

 

16. DS Yoshi Falls 

 

It's kind of meh. Who knows if anti-gravity would save it.

 

15. 3DS Daisy Hills  

 

I just think it's bland and forgettable.

 

14. 3DS Wario Shipyard 

 

The worst of the Wario tracks.

 

13. 3DS Rosalina's Ice World  

 

This one kid of bored me, even the music.

 

12. DS DK Pass 

 

This is maybe the most forgettable DK track.

 

11. Wii Luigi Circuit  

 

It's meh.

 

10. GCN Mushroom Bridge 

 

We got Shroom Ridge or whatever already. Plus, there's another track that deserves better. 

 

9. SNES Ghost Valley 3  

 

Honestly, this would be horrible to play on 200 CC.

 

8. GCN Waluigi Stadium 

 

We got Waluigi Pinball already, plus there's another "Stadium" that I like more.

 

7. DS Desert Hills  

 

Those turns on 200 CC.

 

6. DS Delfino Square  

 

Too claustrophobic on 200 CC.

 

5. GCN DK Mountain

 

Those turns on 200 CC. Plus, there's another DK track that's better with 8's design.

  

4. SNES Choco Island 1  

 

Hard to work with, even if it has a RMX.

 

3. SNES Choco Island 2 

 

Horrible to control.

 

2. SNES Bowser Castle 2  

 

The worst designed track in all of Mario Kart history. 

 

1. Wii Moonview Highway 

 

No. No. No. Too chaotic.

 

------------------------------------------------------------- 
 
Top 16 Tracks I would want to see in MK8D
  

16. SNES Vanilla Lake 1/  2 

 

Just to see how they would take them.

 

15. SNES Koopa Beach 1/ 2 

 

Driving underwater. 

 

14. GBA Bowser Castle 4 

 

If 3DS Rainbow Road got it... I'd like this to have a shot. 

 

13. DS Figure-8 Circuit  

 

Anti-gravity, let's go!

 

12. Wii DK Summit 

 

The half-pipe thing is back! 

 

11. Wii Koopa Cape

 

Still would be fun.

 

10. DS Airship Fortress 

 

Imagine anti-gravity in the tower!

 

9. GBA Lakeside Park 

 

I just want to see how they would handle it.

 

8. GBA Cheep Cheep Island 

 

It looks wonderful in Tour.

 

7. Wii Toad's Factory 

 

Gliding and anti-gravity would make it fun. Also, the music.

 

6. GCN Mushroom City  

 

You can't ignore this forever, Nintendo! This is where the Tour tracks might have gotten their inspiration from! The music!

 

5. GCN Wario Colosseum 

 

End the GCN run already... I mean, this is my favorite Wario track ever. Imagine how insane this track would be!

 

4. 3DS Wuhu Loop 

 

3. 3DS Maka Wuhu 

 

*shrugs*

 

2. GCN Daisy Cruiser  

 

Would anti-gravity work with a moving ship? I GOT TO KNOW!

 

1. GBA Sunset Wilds 

 

Imagine how they would take care of the setting sun in 8's engine. Plus, this track is SO underrated. Forget Kalimari Desert, this is my favorite desert track of all time! Plus, the music!

 

 

Wario Shipyard comments is fighting words!

 

HD with the sunken ship graveyard and damaged castle...and all the cool ghosts and bones enemies.... I want this one bad.

Link to comment
48 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

 

 

Wario Shipyard comments is fighting words!

 

HD with the sunken ship graveyard and damaged castle...and all the cool ghosts and bones enemies.... I want this one bad.

 

Granted, as a ghost track, it sure if amazing. 

 

But, as a WARIO themed track... I'd take N64 Wario Stadium, Wario Colosseum, the current redesign of DS Wario Stadium, and Mount Wario over it. I never liked how it looked. It seemed like it was too murky. Especially for a Wario track. And, yes, even if N64 Wario Stadium goes on for too long, I like that it was mostly skill at times over luck. By gosh, if they did it with sections like N64 Rainbow Road... that would be amazing.  

 

Too bad the name WARIO plastered on the track is why I don't think it's the best WARIO themed track. I'd like it more if it wasn't.  

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

 

Granted, as a ghost track, it sure if amazing. 

 

But, as a WARIO themed track... I'd take N64 Wario Stadium, Wario Colosseum, the current redesign of DS Wario Stadium, and Mount Wario over it. I never liked how it looked. It seemed like it was too murky. Especially for a Wario track. And, yes, even if N64 Wario Stadium goes on for too long, I like that it was mostly skill at times over luck. By gosh, if they did it with sections like N64 Rainbow Road... that would be amazing.  

 

Too bad the name WARIO plastered on the track is why I don't think it's the best WARIO themed track. I'd like it more if it wasn't.  

 

 

Wario likes treasure.... treasure is in ships and castles....  plus its totally different on theme than a lot of tracks.

Link to comment

Rock Cup:

*London Loop MKT

*Boo Lake MKSC

*Rock Rock Mountain MK7

*Maple Treeway MKWii

 

Moon Cup:

*Berlin Byways MKT

*Peach Gardens MKDS

*Merry Mountain MKT

*Rainbow Road MK7

 

Quick hits:

 

The MKT courses here are pretty solid with paths, designs, topography, and graphics.

 

Boo Lake, with how its set up, is pretty damn cool... love the jump off ledge into water with how the track itself is set up right as you get underwater from said jump.  Noticed some corner cutting opportunities.

 

Peach Gardens, while not a bad choice and I don't mind some of the topography upgrades I am not sure how I feel about the lap 3.

 

RR is amazing.

 

Rock Rock makes a solid transition to consoles but somehow I feel like the MK7 version has a better depth to it ( ha, I know 3D, but ...)

 

Maple Treeway is pretty legit.

 

Of the MKT courses, Merry Mountain is my favorite--reminds me of the Christmas level for DKR.  That said, London and Berlin tracks are really strong and better in most regards than the earlier MKT city courses.

Link to comment

The Booster Course Pass is better than the base game at half the tracks. Wave 3 is incredible, and the Moon Cup may be GOAT. I'm becoming more of a fan of 200cc with these tracks with pretty much all of this wave being great in that class. I thought Berlin Byways was my favorite, but I'm not sure anymore...Maple Treeway and Boo Lake are probably my least favorite though. I also really love the custom items update...That's a lot of chaos and a lot of fun. 

Link to comment

 

 

Decent review.

 

I disagree with the hate on Rock Rock Mountain, but then again, it is not without some hate as it feels it lost all of its depth in the console conversion.

 

Not sure on the "meh" with Peach Gardens as I always thought it was a stellar track and I'm not sure where I land on lap 3 being altered like it is....  and the topography changes.  Not that I don't like the mods... but I think the positives and the negatives cancel each other out and I am back at the same point.

 

 

Link to comment

As I mentioned before when Rock Rock Mountain was coming to this Wave, I was like, I have raced on this track for so long it has become boring to me. Outside depth, which neither hinder or bolster my experience of the track, doesn't amount to much to me. So that's whatever but it's hard for me right now to label Wave 3 the best so far. I am definitely warming up to them in short amount of time then the previous Waves but I still need more time before I say completely this is the best of best of Wave releases so far this booster course.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't believe it has been 20 days as of this post since Wave 3 came out. I normally like when I get new amiibo, I get down to earn or complete new content but this time for MK8DX Booster Course Pass DLC; it was done a later than I like but better done then never.

 

Here they 3 star completion of the new cups/DLC!:D

 

---------

I think for the last 2 Waves, a few ppl reviewed the tracks of the DLC in-depth in the coming days and weeks after the new Wave. Yeah, PB posted the GX Wave 3 review and I think he did impression but not a whole whole personally review or anyone else.

 

I would but with how I got in initially and then there was bit of a break before I came back to play them, my mind about them is not conclusive as genuine thoughts on the outing of these courses. And even then, I have to see if I remember to post and put out time to put out. I know I can be long winded but let's see if I can condense it, there's 90% that won't happen but thought I put that out there, lol.

Edited by DLurkster
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...