Mario Kart 8 DLX +48 (aka Booster Course Pass) Discussion Wave 6 11/9 ITS ALIVE!

Original Cups

Mario Kart™ 8 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch™ – Official Site

Booster Course Pass Content:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe — Booster Course Pass for the Nintendo Switch™ system — Official Site

*6 waves of 2 Cups/8 Courses

Cost: FREE NSO / $25 straight up

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe — Booster Course Pass for the Nintendo Switch™ system — Official Site

mk-courses.jpg

Wave 1 3/18/22

Golden Dash Cup:

*Paris Promenade MKT

*Toad Circuit MK7

*Choco Mountain MK64

*Coconut Mall MKWii

Lucky Cat Cup:

*Tokyo Blur MKT

*Shroom Ridge MKDS

*Sky Garden MKSC

*Ninja Hideaway MKT

Wave 2: 8/4/22

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/mario-kart-8-deluxe-booster-course-pass-wave-2-approaches-the-starting-line-on-aug-4/

Turnip Cup:

*New York Minute MKT

*Mario  Circuit 3 SMK

*Kalimari Desert MK64

*Waluigi Pinball MKDS

Propeller Cup:

*Sydney Sprint MKT

*Snow Land MKSC

*Mushroom Gorge MKWii

*Sky-High Sundae

Wave 3: 12/7/22

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass Wave 3 Brings Merry Mountain Mayhem with Eight Additional Courses on Dec. 7 - News - Nintendo Official Site

Rock Cup:

*London Loop MKT

*Boo Lake MKSC

*Rock Rock Mountain MK7

*Maple Treeway MKWii

Moon Cup:

*Berlin Byways MKT

*Peach Gardens MKDS

*Merry Mountain MKT

*Rainbow Road MK7

Wave 4: 3/9/23

Fruit Cup: 

Amsterdam Drift MKT

Riverside Park MKSC

DK Summit MKWii

Boomerang Cup:

Bangkok Rush MKT

Mario Circuit MKDS

Waluigi Stadium MKDD

Singapore Speedway MKT

NEW RACERS:

Birdo

Wave 5: 7/12/23

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 5 Arrives Next Week | Nintendo Life

Feather Cup:

Athens Dash / MKT

Daisy Cruiser / MKDD

Moonview Highway / MKWii

Squeaky Clean Sprint

Cherry Cup:

Los Angeles Lap / MKT

Sunset Wilds / MKSC

Koopa Cape / MKWii

Vancouver Velocity / MKT

NEW RACERS:

Petey Pirahna / MKDD

Wiggler / MK7

Kamek / MKT

Wave 6:  11/9/23

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe — Booster Course Pass for the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game on the Nintendo Switch™ system — Official Site

Acorn Cup:

Rome Avanti / MKT

DK Mountain / MKDD

Daisy Circuit / MKWii

Pirahna Plant Cove

Spiny Cup:

Madrid Drive / MKT

Rosalina's Ice World / MK7

Bowser Castle 3 / SMK

Rainbow Road / MKWii

NEW RACERS:

Diddy Kong / MKWii

Funky Kong / MKWii

Pauline / MKT

Peachette

New Mii Costumes:

Daisy / Amiibo

Dry Bowser

Toadette

Cheep Cheep

Pokey

Dolphin

Chain Chomp

Castle

? Block

Wiggler

Birdo

Ice Cream

Cow

Clown Car

Blooper

Goomba

Petey Pirahna

Course Listings:

Classic course - Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopedia

Edited by purple_beard

It was probably for the best to make discussion thread for MK8 DX DLC.

So a question to not only MK fans but to anyone that have bought re-release game with DLC included; is this the first time in history that a re-release with DLC from the original game has additional DLC added to said re-release game?

I hope you understand that question and is this a first of first in the gaming industry?

Edited by DLurkster

So, what tracks do you guys want?  40 left... I put a link in OP to assist in look up.

Mine in no particular order...but going by game:

Top Wants from SMK:

Bowser Castle 3

Ghost Valley 1

Mario Circuit 4

MKSC:

Sunset Wilds

Bowser Castle 4

Boo Lake

Snow Land

Riverside/Lakeside Park

MK64:

Wario Stadium

Banshee Boardwalk

DK's Jungle Parkway

Koopa Troopa Beach

Mario Kart Double Dash:

Mushroom City

Mushroom Bridge

Bowser Castle

Wario Coloseum

*Dino Dino Jungle would be cool

*Peach Beach would be cool

*Daisy Cruiser would be cool

*Waluigi Stadium would be cool

Mario Kart DS

Desert Hills

DK Pass

Waluigi Pinball

Airship Fortress

Bowser Castle

MKWii:

Daisy Circuit

Koopa Cape

Moonview Highway

DK Summit

Bowser Castle

Maple Treeway

Toad's Factory

Mario Kart 7:

Wario Shipyard

Rosalina's Ice World

Bowser Castle

Rock Rock Mountain'

Shy Guy Bazaar

Rainbow Road

Diasy Hills

21 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

It was probably for the best to make discussion thread for MK8 DX DLC.

So a question to not only MK fans but to anyone that have bought re-release game with DLC included; is this the first time in history that a re-release with DLC from the original game has additional DLC added to said re-release game?

I hope you understand that question and is this a first of first in the gaming industry?

Not really, as we only know 8 courses so it would be your most wanted for the 40 not named yet...

And its labled the +48 Booster Pass discussion so I don't get what is confusing you.

Just now, purple_beard said:

Not really, as we only know 8 courses so it would be your most wanted for the 40 not named yet...

And its labled the +48 Booster Pass discussion so I don't get what is confusing you.

I wasn't talking about the title, that's straight forward, The question I'm asking is in the bold. Look again and see.

1 minute ago, purple_beard said:

Wasn't there something with the DLC for Hyrule Warriors 1 between WiiU and Switch?

I can't think of any specific instances otherwise... as a "DLC" part anyways

I had to think for a moment, like all re-release game and this game from Wii U to Switch. This was a straight re-release of the Hyrule Warriors on Wii U and Hyrule Warrior legends on 3DS content and DLC on both for Switch only. There was no additional content added to the Switch version of Hyrule Warriors DE.

Same goes goes for Pokken Tournament DX, there were new characters added from Wii U but no paid DLC on the original or DX version either.

I think this kind of content on top of new content is new, I can't think of any title in gaming history has done what MK8 DX has done here.

I would love to see Double Dash's Mushroom Bridge remastered as I believe that's the only iteration that left the bridge open to go on top of. My little brother wants the same and thinks it would be interesting to have a glider ramp on the top. The other tracks that came to mind that I would love to see again are DD's Waluigi Stadium, MK7's Rock Rock Mountain, MK7's Wuhu Loop, MK7's Maka Wuhu, MK7's Daisy Hills, DS's Waluigi Pinball, DS's Delfino Square, DS's Airship Fortress and N64's Kalimari Desert. I haven't played Mario Kart Tour really, so I would love to see 80-90% of its exclusive tracks make the leap within this DLC pass. 

Almost thought of one: Captain Toad Treasure Tracker would be close to qualify but tho it added paid DLC to Switch the original game had the bonus 3D World levels on Wii U only and for the 3DS and Switch version they were absent on the re-release so neither version is complete version but Switch is as complete as it can get for content, tho.

Okay, so retro tracks for the game are anything goes now... I'll split five among the eight games.

SNES:  

Ghost Valley 1 (Honestly, to see how that jump would work.)

Koopa Beach 1 (To see how water will work.)

Bowser Castle 3 (We need some BC from here than just MC... speaking of.) 

Mario Circuit 4 (JUST. DO. IT!)

Vanilla Lake 2 (To see how water will work.)

N64: 

Frappe Snowland (To see side to side with GCN Sherbet Land.)

Mario Raceway (To make it actually look nice.)

Wario Stadium (It's the last track from N64 that hasn't been done yet.)  

Bowser's Castle (To make it actually look nice. Plus, some parts could have a gliding section, and even driving on the walls.)

DK's Jungle Parkway (It's a fun track lost to time. That jump could be good for gliding. The cave could have antigravity.)

GBA:

Sunset Wilds (Imagine how sick the evening to night transition would be!)  

Lakeside Park (The water effects, the volcano boulders, and that ONE horrible jump. Plus, possible double gliding parts.)

Broken Pier (It'd be interesting how the Boos would do their stuff.) 

Bowser Castle 4 (Last BC from this game.)

Rainbow Road (It might be the worse one, but if we ain't getting 9 anytime soon, this has to be in the new waves.) 

GCN: 

Mario Circuit (Better than the Wii's take!)

Mushroom City (Shroom Ridge?! *pushes that away* This is what should have been there! IT HAS THE BETTER MUSIC!)  

Daisy Cruiser (Antigravity?!) 

DK Mountain (The gliding would be cool here.)

Wario Colosseum (Besides Mushroom City, this is the only GCN track that hasn't been remade yet.) 

DS: 

Figure-8 Circuit (OBVIOUS!) 

Delfino Plaza (To see how water would work here.) 

Waluigi Pinball (Fun game. Antigravity?!)

Airship Fortess (Would still look cool.) 

Peach Gardens (Would still be just as fun.) 

Wii: 

Toad's Factory (Gliding and antigravity.) 

DK Summit (Gliding, even if it's like DK Mountain.)

Daisy Circuit (The best of the circuits here, no doubt!) 

Koopa Cape (Antigravity?!)

Maple Treeway (Antigravity?! But both are fun too.) 

3DS: 

Shy Guy Bazaar

Mario Circuit 

Rock Rock Mountain 

Maka Wuhu 

Rosalina's Ice World (They're all the best from the game.)

Tour:

Los Angeles Laps 

Merry Mountain  

London Loop 

Sydney Sprint 

Vancouver Velocity (??? Never played this game.)

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams

After seeing a complaint from a YouTube channel’s comment over the lack of details the Booster pack tracks have compared to what’s already in Mario Kart 8- along with the addition of tracks from Mario Kart Tour- I’m pretty convinced that tracks being added are tracks that are in Mario Kart Tour. This isn’t terrible since there’s quite a collection of memorable tracks that are in MKT. 

I think we were to caught off guard for DLC for MK8 DX but there's a new remix of Coconut Mall in the trailer. This assumes that all the remixed courses will have remixed music that uphold the music standard of MK8 DX. As we know MK8 have great music so I don't know if I look at this as a bonus but why wouldn't be in this be part of the DLC.

1 minute ago, The Albraskan said:

After seeing a complaint from a YouTube channel’s comment over the lack of details the Booster pack tracks have compared to what’s already in Mario Kart 8- along with the addition of tracks from Mario Kart Tour- I’m pretty convinced that tracks being added are tracks that are in Mario Kart Tour. This isn’t terrible since there’s quite a collection of memorable tracks that are in MKT. 

Yes, I was gonna comment on this in the MK8 night thread, I'm not complain that they are not being creative track or how it looks. If this was all we were getting for a new MK then okay but this more DLC for a game that already had DLC before. So if this means we get more content quicker with the artstyle for some tracks from Tour, then I'm all for it. Tho I haven't played Tour in a while, I actually like the look of the game on mobile, it's like if the 3DS look was on crack, a Citra effect so adopting that look instead of making look like MK8 I think was a good call.

This is insane. It was already a big deal when Mario Kart 8's DLC expanded the game by 50%. Now Deluxe's DLC is further doubling that total!? I have to be imagining this. This DLC is 150% of what MK8 launched with, at half the price. Am I imagining this???????

Why not just make Mario Kart 9 at this point!? Not only is this setting an impossible standard for the next game to follow, but they could've sold this for double the price as a full game. Maybe they're trying to get me to pay another $90 for Mario Kart 8 after spending $75 on the Wii U game. But I'm the only person in the world who bought a Wii U, so it's bizarre that Nintendo would go through all this just for me.

Even if it has enough content to justify the cost, I can't justify spending $170 on Mario Kart. This is the latest kick in the dick for having bought a Wii U. :( 

Edited by Destiny Hero
7 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

This is insane. It was already a big deal when Mario Kart 8's DLC expanded the game by 50%. Now Deluxe's DLC is further doubling that total!? I have to be imagining this. This DLC is 150% of what MK8 launched with, at half the price. Am I imagining this???????

Why not just make Mario Kart 9 at this point!? Not only is this setting an impossible standard for the next game to follow, but they could've sold this for double the price as a full game. Maybe they're trying to get me to pay another $90 for Mario Kart 8 after spending $75 on the Wii U game. But I'm the only person in the world who bought a Wii U, so it's bizarre that Nintendo would go through all this just for me.

Even if it has enough content to justify the cost, I can't justify spending $170 on Mario Kart. This is the latest kick in the dick for having bought a Wii U. :( 

It's like Smash Bros at this point. So much content, it can't be topped and will be expected for future titles

Well, to me this is the first MK is really pushing the envelope with content similar like Smash now. We can all see but seeing that this is the first and this just remix courses and nothing new. I think the next MK can still top this somehow with a new gimmick, new creative course and some surprises characters and long time returning characters. 

This DLC for MK8 DX is the the tip of the content iceberg that is MK over all, it ani't topped yet. It's just the release and timing of this DLC has got ppl thinking just why. So many whys'.

3 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Well, to me this is the first MK is really pushing the envelope with content similar like Smash now. We can all see but seeing that this is the first and this just remix courses and nothing new. I think the next MK can still top this somehow with a new gimmick, new creative course and some surprises characters and long time returning characters. 

This DLC for MK8 DX is the the tip of the content iceberg that is MK over all, it ani't topped yet. It's just the release and timing of this DLC has got ppl thinking just why. So many whys'.

Probably been working on for a while, but when they decided to do expansion pass scenario.... if not for exp pass, we probably would have had some track packs sooner.