Nintendo Direct 2/9/22 2pm PT

I heard of this, tho not related but was brought up in the State of Play today, Forspoken was delayed from May something to October and now another game delay with the Advance Wars remake.

Ty is right, Japan can't get a break with this game getting interrupted releases, huh? Is Advance Wars destined to not see some relevance in Japan.

It sucks and I didn't know the the Russia parts to Advance Wars (never played the game, grateful to the release to those looking forward to it) but it was the right call Russia or war influence or not.

I just hope we hear when the release date will be.

The more information I take in regarding the invasion of Ukraine, company responses, Advance Wars and Nintendo, the more I roll my eyes at their decision to delay Re-Boot Camp. It doesn't come across as genuine for instance when anyone can still go ahead and buy the two Advance Wars games Re-Boot is based on off of the Wii U eShop. No mention of any decision to quicken their removal to go along with Re-Boot's delay. I think Nintendo is far less concerned about what's actually going on and more concerned about avoiding any potential of being labeled insensitive from whomever has a keyboard, a social media account and willing to call them out had Re-Boot released on April 8th with the Ukrainian conflict still going on. 

@Ithrak Utopia: Your not wrong in your thinking and didn't realize that the original games can be bought elsewhere. I was taken back how out of nowhere to delay the game without prior knowledge of the game. Outside that gamelandscape, this decision screams hasty retreat if we don't do the bare minimum with not saying something about this game now because someone might say why didn't say something or do something earlier?

It's not that Nintendo or anyone doesn't understand the optics of this move but if dig deeply into any conflicts, heads will but somewhere no matter how well you mean.

Regardless, it is what it is and this the reality we live this game and the current world landscape.

I'm more mixed on how Nintendo and other companies have sanctioned Russian gamers, streamers, and consumers, pulling any content and services out from under them. Russian civilians did nothing to Ukraine, but I get it; gotta put the squeeze on Russia dealing in any money to weaken them without other countries going to war with them, even if it also hurts the Russian people…

From what I heard, the enemy of the new Advance Wars is a Russian styled enemy that immediately invades at the start of the game. If I had to guess, the delay's most likely due to that, not simply the war theme of the series, but I don't know for sure. This series has some of the worst luck regardless. The GBA Advance Wars released in North America on September 10 2001, just a day before you know what.

Edited by Ridley Prime
19 hours ago, Ithrak Utopia said:

The more information I take in regarding the invasion of Ukraine, company responses, Advance Wars and Nintendo, the more I roll my eyes at their decision to delay Re-Boot Camp. It doesn't come across as genuine for instance when anyone can still go ahead and buy the two Advance Wars games Re-Boot is based on off of the Wii U eShop. No mention of any decision to quicken their removal to go along with Re-Boot's delay. I think Nintendo is far less concerned about what's actually going on and more concerned about avoiding any potential of being labeled insensitive from whomever has a keyboard, a social media account and willing to call them out had Re-Boot released on April 8th with the Ukrainian conflict still going on. 

Biggest difference between Re-Boot and games on the Wii U eShop?  Re-Boot has/had an active marketing campaign that likely would ramp up closer to release.  People are likely not buying a Wii U (if they can find one) to download those games and I also doubt there is much fervor for current owners to run out and do so to any appreciable degree.  And ultimately, you're probably not wrong about where Nintendo's mindset is in the rationale behind delaying Re-Boot, but still have a business to run and if there is potential for widescale PR backlash due to the nature of the current climate, then it is sensible for them to do so regardless of whether or not you feel the action is out of actual empathy for those in Ukraine or to distance themselves as much as possible from any potential backlash as a result of any sense of insensitivity because of what's going on in the world right now.

@Kezay Who is saying that it isn't sensible for them to delay Re-Boot Camp? I do think more could have been done and done sooner from Nintendo. I brought up the availability of the original GBA games on the Wii U eShop because the main reason speculated for the delay on the 9th that I had been seeing were similarities between the fictional plots with what's currently going on. My thought was that if that's the reason being speculated, do more and remove/plan to remove the original games from being available on a still active service. You've made the case already that there wouldn't have been much harm to them had they addressed the originals in their decision. 

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't notice this during the Prologue Demo for Triangle Strategy but levelling up is done every 100 exp points, like a certain RPG we know by Paper Mario. Interesting, for game that is slowly showing me in the actual game it is not by the books with tactics gameplay. Here's a simple design for game that could be complicated or boring for the battling gameplay.

Tho, unlike PM there isn't arbitrary assigned experience per enemy, whatever action you do to an enemy seems to be random but you always need a 100 exp points to level up.  

Speaking of slow.....

Kirby and the Forgotten Land: I didn't know Kirby's dodge has Bayontta element to it. When you dodge at the last second with anything in motion near you, everything slows down. To what effect during or after, I don't know but it cool for Kirby to have that.

Triangle Strategy: I experience FPS drop, but it was momentary, it happens when there's a lot fire on screen for battle I was in. I was wondering why in menu and moving thing looking like it was going 30 FPS or less. It was such a strange occurrence, as I said its momentary at last like 30 secs till the fire burns out on the field. I guess with what the battlefield renders on top of the fire it's hard to process that much fluid movement like fire. I experience this during dock play, can't say the same will happen outside of dock tho.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Didn't want to make a thread for Mario Strikers Battle league but a tutorial available now and First Kick, (name of demo) select times demo test play next week.

I was never even good at the strikers game so tho I am happy for those who got this series back, I'm not chomping at the bit to buy but I was willing to do the tutorial for the game not to while ago. I did not so bad, where I run into trouble is actual play with dodge, and perfect and expert moves variants of those dodges. I can do them all those dodges in practice but in simulation with moving players, I can't practice what I learned when everybody is stationary, not moving. Also, add to that when I do have the ball tackling or passing I lose sight of myself quicker than the very rare instance of where am I in Smash. You add the real-time maneuver and locating where my characters more than 60% of time, really suck the fun I could see with this game and want.

I think I knew this from past experiences with its predecessors and this tutorial just reconfirm why I am not hype. So still not a buy for me but if I got as a gift, I would play slowly at my pace till I feel right and comfortable playing this game the way I want without feeling disconnected and lost, and what again looks to be a really fun game.

I still try the demo test plays next week and see how I fair with other players online, despite the upcoming dread, have to see where I stand and if I am really just that bad, lol.

Here are the days and time of First Kick demos next week:

Friday June 3rd: 8-9pm PT

Saturday June 4th: 4-5am PT, 12-1pm PT, 8-9pm PT

Sunday June 5th: 4-5am PT, 12-1pm PT.

I'll be on the 12-1pm PT on Sat and Sunday respectively.

I wonder when Nintendo will announced their Direct?  Granted we don't have an E3 proper so everyone is kind of doing their own things anyway unless they're part of Geoff Keighley's summer games showcase thing, but I feel like we usually knew what Nintendo would be doing by now, right?

Yes, just like how we know many directs we get per year and when...the timing its announcement seems off. Same goes for any Pokemon Presents.

How it usually go at the start of the year a Pokemon Presents on Pokemon day and then 3 months later another on around late May or early June (a week or 2 before E3 usually starts)

In that timeframe we get that 2nd Pokemon Present Nintendo direct plans for June is announced. I don't know for but whatever form E3 would of taken this year Nintendo wanted to do a blowout event along side their treehouse live stream. Not sure like E3 that Nintendo may have to re-evaluate and rollback their plans for June but that would be no different than what they did last year with just streaming but like E3 it takes time to reverse plans they may have been been working for months (account for a few game delay, only on is BotW and swapping game release dates) and that can take time or maybe not to just stream up coming game releases for next month if all they are doing is dropping events and keep game streaming. (may have to shuffle the games to be stream, maybe?)

Despite all what I said, there's no proof if possible or true and plans for whatever the direct is just gonna happen in June. So regardless of change of plans or not I suspect an announcement in the coming week. Still puts us 2 weeks when E3 would happen. Summer Game Fest starts the week after this coming week, followed by Microsoft showcase that Sunday, like usual and Nintendo usually kicks of E3 the Monday or Tuesday that week which is the 13th or 14th. That's 2 week from now so if we don't hear anything this coming week then yeah I would start to think whine is Nintendo's next direct not when is the June usual direct.