Tarrey Town - N4A Chat Thread - February 2022

EH_STEVE

3 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Update: Oh boy, this game… Grand Theft Auto III D.E. looks horrible and uncanny at times… that I can’t feel but laugh.

But, man… the car physics and Police A.I. The car physics are perhaps the most lost of any any video game. And even at Wanted Level 2 the Police Cars come out of nowhere and somehow drive faster than me at times. The boat and water physics… man, it’s tedious. Are the other editions better with this stuff? 

And, the radio loops after three songs. Worst radio stations ever.

i mean it is an early ps2 game after all

Edited by April
On 2/27/2022 at 12:49 AM, Spring said:

our keurig is like 8 years old and finally becoming annoying enough to get a new one and i'm realizing my knowledge of coffee and how to make it is extremely limited

thinkin' bout gettin a nice kettle n a french press to replace it but there's so many @_@ i just want somethin that looks nice...

I just have a basic Bodum french press that I got from walmart for like... $20. It does a super good job.

I also have a Grosche brand moka pot for when I want something a little stronger.

Oh yeah, and Elden Ring fuckin SLAPS gang. Best FROMsoft game by a mile

h-hey guys

guys

wouldn't it be funny if

guys

wouldn't it be funny if Mario ate a mushroom

and then started hallucinating like he were on drugs

haha

and what if 

guys

what if Mario was having sex with the princess 

guys

what if Mario was having sex with the princess but his peepee was too small 

so he put a mushroom down his overalls to make his peepee bigger and it played the mushroom sound effect from the games

haha

and then it played the 1-up jingle when he came

19 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:
Spoiler

h-hey guys

guys

wouldn't it be funny if

guys

wouldn't it be funny if Mario ate a mushroom

and then started hallucinating like he were on drugs

haha

and what if 

guys

what if Mario was having sex with the princess 

guys

what if Mario was having sex with the princess but his peepee was too small 

so he put a mushroom down his overalls to make his peepee bigger and it played the mushroom sound effect from the games

haha

and then it played the 1-up jingle when he came

1242866-mario_1up.gif

I'm deep in anime hell right now. Started Salaryman's Club (which is only five episodes at the moment) and it's strangely refreshing seeing a shonen sports-like anime with actual adults. I've also been slowly playing Pokemon Legends Arceus. it's pretty good, and neat to see SV seemingly take more inspiration from PLA than SwSh; will probably play a lot of PLA and Pirate Warriors 3 today.

14 hours ago, ace said:

I just have a basic Bodum french press that I got from walmart for like... $20. It does a super good job.

I also have a Grosche brand moka pot for when I want something a little stronger.

Oh yeah, and Elden Ring fuckin SLAPS gang. Best FROMsoft game by a mile

was thinkin abt gettin a bodum french press.....u have convinced me, thank u!

17 hours ago, April said:

i mean it is an early ps2 game after all

I'm playing the DEFINITIVE EDITION. 

... And, speaking of that... 

I defeated it. Horrible visual and performance moments notwithstanding that I easily laughed at, because I knew what I was getting into... 

It's... III's okay. But I found it either frustrating or boring to play through. I guess playing Assassin's Creed II, Super Mario Odyssey, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild had spoiled me for better open world experiences.  

Please tell me Vice City and San Andreas are better. Because, I'd rather play Skyrim (which I haven't finished), Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (which I want to beat eventually), Super Mario Odyssey, or Breath of the Wild than play Call of Grand Theft. 

No, if "you" played the original or any other versions of Vice City and San Andreas. I know they'll be the same visual and performance train-wreck as before for the D.E. versions. (In the case of Vice City, that's going to be a major headache!)

I expect more things to do in the other games.

Because there was the bare minimum for III. I thought I could go to a party, or ride a helicopter, or something wild (but not raunchy). The initial hype I had for III, because it was instrumental for the PS2 and was one of the most notorious games of its generation, was by the halfway point halfway gone for me. There's barely anything to do. Again, I've been spoiled by other open world games that came later.  

It's not like III's importance can be overlooked. But when people call it one of the best of the PS2... I don't see it. Revolutionary? Yes. Amazing? Debatable. 

Then again, I'm a little bit of a contrarian, so my experiences don't match too well with public opinion. 

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams
3 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

I'm playing the DEFINITIVE EDITION.

so you're playing a mild graphical remaster of an early ps2 game y;
i don't even know if i would call gta3 an open world game? it's quite sectioned off after all.
ppl back then just called them sandbox games iirc? you could just fuck around but in GTA but it was all about just causing mayhem
or little things like the hidden objects and the minigames and so on. but it was revolutionary for the time yea
Vice City and San Andreas definitely have more going on for sure, but you can't expect them to be full of details the way an open world game from the last 5 years is. i mean hell, wind waker's island concept came about because they wanted to do a massive explorable world like Breath of the Wild back then but had to compromise with the technological limits

It's always fascinating going back to some PS2/GCN games and seeing early attempts that would be the bedrock for open world.

Kingdom Hearts 2, for example, had pride lands that was a big field. Final Fantasy XII had a more "zoned" world, but still felt more open and to scale than any FF before it. April mentioned Wind Waker.

Idk. It fascinates me, I guess.

3 hours ago, Stephen 776 said:

It's always fascinating going back to some PS2/GCN games and seeing early attempts that would be the bedrock for open world.

Kingdom Hearts 2, for example, had pride lands that was a big field. Final Fantasy XII had a more "zoned" world, but still felt more open and to scale than any FF before it. April mentioned Wind Waker.

Idk. It fascinates me, I guess.

then again morrowind was a thing in 2002 so maybe it really was just more about how long to get popular enough to be the next cookie cutter design style lol

• Chrom locked this topic
  • Chrom unpinned this topic